View Full Version : Ventura County residents - Dick's Sporting Goods

12-18-2012, 6:15 PM
Boycott the Dick's store in Oxnard!

cheaper than caved in, stop selling rifles online... dicks sporting Good's too (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=658704)

A statement posted on Dick's website expresses sympathy for the victims' families. It says sales of modern sporting rifles will be suspended during "this time of national mourning."

See the second link in the first post.

Spend your hard-earned dollars at local guns shops, Turner's, Big 5, etc....just not at Dick's.

12-19-2012, 1:22 AM
I haven't been able to buy anything at Dick's since Black Friday. They simply have not restocked their ammunition. I will be stopping by later this morning to see what's changed and what has been pulled from their shelves.

That said, I'm disappointed but not surprised. I like Dick's and I was happy to see them open a store locally. I've spent plenty of money there already, but I will not spend another penny if they continue with this attitude... But, I don't think the local Dick's stocked AR-15's anyway...

I'm also going to drop by Wal-Mart. Even though the local wally world obviously does not sell firearms, they do sell ammunition. I want to see what's changed there as well and what has been pulled from their shelves if anything (heard a lot of talk about Wal-Mart).

As for Big5, I have not bought a single thing from Big5 in nearly a year. Their prices are absurd and only going higher.

I already contacted Turner's in response to their e-mail today about the Bushmaster ad. I hope they don't follow suit and start to pull merchandise from the shelves. Though I highly doubt they will, which is why the local Turner's has had plenty of my business since they opened.

12-19-2012, 9:42 AM

I stopped by Dick's... They still has not restocked their ammo. I did notice some gaps in the firearms wall, so they obviously pulled a few items.

I also went to Wal-Mart. I got the last 7 boxes of Tula 9mm... Everything else is basically sold out... They had a few boxes of 9mm left, some 40 S&W, .45ACP, and more expensive hunting .223 and .308, etc...

Turner's is a few stores down the way from Wal-Mart and they had a line outside before the store even opened. A friend told me it took over 2 hours to get his rifle on Monday because of the lines...

S%%t has hit the fan folks. We're already going to feel it locally.

12-19-2012, 9:57 AM

12-19-2012, 7:49 PM
Op might want to boycott Big 5 also. They are pulling all their AR type rifles off the shelves. .22lr

12-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Op might want to boycott Big 5 also. They are pulling all their AR type rifles off the shelves. .22lr

That doesn't surprise me. I stopped shopping at Big5 after I bought my 870 back in March. I just can't stand their prices.

I definitely do not agree with the politically motivated policies of these companies... Pulling .22LR rifles, are you f%%king joking? That is absolutely unacceptable... I won't do business with any of these companies from this point forward until their policies change.

Another one, obviously not local, is Cheaper Than Dirt, as I'm sure most have already heard about their flip floppy policies. I remember hearing about them pulling this crap in 2008 and they're at it again. I've only done business with CTD 2-3 times, but I will NEVER buy from them ever again. This is unacceptable behavior and I do not support their greed based tactics.

12-21-2012, 1:34 PM
I don't think Dick's in Moorpark ever stocked firearms or ammo. I normally stick to Ft. Courage in Simi.

12-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Bought Ammo at the Dicks in Oxnard today.. All Ammo was on Sale Buy 1 get 1 1/2 off

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
12-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Never been a fan of Dick's