PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92fs: trigger bar catching on hammer?

Wildhawk66
08-12-2007, 2:10 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to Beretta handguns and am the proud owner of a new 92fs. However, I do have one complaint about it and i'm hoping you gunsmith gurus can help me out.

My frustration is with a click that i'm getting when I start to pull the trigger while the hangun is in single action mode. It looks as if the trigger bar is catching on the bottom of the hammer when the hammer is pulled into single action position (both when when cocking the hammer or when racking the slide) The result is that when I start to pull back on the trigger (well before releasing the hammer) I get a noticable click. Upon inspection I found that the very back of the trigger bar is just barely catching underneath the hammer and the click is the hammer bar releasing and rising into the firing position. Is this normal?? Regardless it's distracting and I would appreciate any recommend as to how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance. Oh and no 92 bashing please.

Franksremote
08-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Make sure that all the parts are set into the gun correctly. The bar and externally place bits have a tendancy to wiggle out and sit wide causing weird stuff like this to happen. If still having troubles, come see me.

Wildhawk66
08-24-2007, 9:01 AM
Thank you very much.

StukaJr
08-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I had a problem with CZ-75B when I first got it - at some point, the trigger bar began catching the hammer at "half-cock" position when it was released - thus, not firing. I sent it in back to CZ USA and it came back 2 weeks later with a replaced "trigger bar"

However, not sure what you mean by the "click" - does the hammer "cam" (moves back a couple of mm's right before the release)? Or do you feel that the trigger bar is obstructing the hammer - like getting two clicks when you pull the trigger (on release of the hammer and then hammer strike)?

CZ's cam pretty bad when they are new - maybe the same is for 92Fs?