PDA

View Full Version : If AWB Passes Mosin M38 and M44 Prices go Nuts!

ElvenSoul
12-18-2012, 6:08 PM
Call me crazy but if New AWB Short Barrel Bolt Action Rifles will soar in popularity and price.

af240z
12-18-2012, 7:18 PM
Define "soar"? You can get a savage Axis XP with a scope for $350 at big 5. It'll outshoot a mosin any day of the week, and it's brand new.

Also, M38 and M44 are already at nutty prices compared to 5 years ago. I bought my M44 for $75, 91/59 for 70, and M38 for 80. If I had to choose between a new factory hunting rifle or a mosin carbine, I'd go for the new unit.

Remington 770, while it feels like a POS, still costs $300 new with a cheapie scope.

knucklehead0202
12-18-2012, 8:53 PM
^^^ what he said. except that i'd rather have a mosin. recently got a savage axis and it's damn nice, but i shot it a little and went back to my carcano and enfeld i had out that day, lol. new guns are like new cars, no character, not as fun, etc. but yes, mosin carbines have gotten stupid in price already, paid 79 bucks for mine not that long ago. i dunno, the whole world's gone crazy...

lasbrg
12-19-2012, 3:20 AM
Call me crazy but if New AWB Short Barrel Bolt Action Rifles will soar in popularity and price.

That may be true but until then, the demand now is for anything that vaguely resembles an AR or AK. Most online vendors have completely sold out of both. Buds has put up a series of semi-frantic "stop calling us about your order" pop-ups on their site.

Edit: Actually, if someone really wanted an AR or AK, they are still available but the supply is tightening quickly.

NOTABIKER
12-19-2012, 4:57 AM
i am wondering how my SKS will do. i think it helps to have a fixed mag. i hope after things calm down some we can fight these people that want to take away our hobby and rights.
send the NRA money. it will help.

NOTABIKER
12-19-2012, 5:00 AM
Define "soar"? You can get a savage Axis XP with a scope for $350 at big 5. It'll outshoot a mosin any day of the week, and it's brand new.

Also, M38 and M44 are already at nutty prices compared to 5 years ago. I bought my M44 for $75, 91/59 for 70, and M38 for 80. If I had to choose between a new factory hunting rifle or a mosin carbine, I'd go for the new unit.

Remington 770, while it feels like a POS, still costs $300 new with a cheapie scope.

i have a savage axis xp in 223, i bought it a week before i got my first mosin. it is a good rifle. but i do not hunt and the mosins are more fun for me.

lasbrg
12-19-2012, 5:15 AM
i am wondering how my SKS will do. i think it helps to have a fixed mag. ...

It's sensitive to discuss because it sets people off, but the new AWB proposals I have read about would exempt an original-issue SKS. Sale of SKS-Ds, SKS-Ms, etc. and bubba-ed SKSs could potentially be banned.