PDA

View Full Version : David Kopel on PBS Newshour

JeepMan
12-17-2012, 5:38 PM
Excellent, two thumbs up. Calm, sober, factual. An ideal spokesman for the things we care about.

JM

Skidmark
12-17-2012, 5:56 PM
Yes, he did a great job. He should get more such coverage..

Transcript here: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/social_issues/july-dec12/policypanel_12-17.html

Kid Stanislaus
12-17-2012, 7:13 PM
I can't get over that bozo using the phrase "military style" weapons and being completely oblivious to that fact that "style" has no meaning whatsoever in this debate.

HowardW56
12-17-2012, 7:43 PM
Good program. Dr. Katherine Nordal psychologist and mental health expert, was excellent, and very critical of the mental health care that troubled youth receive... Surprisinglyit is a very reasonable discussion...

dave_cg
12-17-2012, 7:47 PM
Good program. Dr. Katherine Nordal psychologist and mental health expert, was excellent, her emphasis was on the medicating of america's troubled youth with no counseling.

Just to clarify so nobody misunderstands you -- she thought chucking a pill down these kids with no follow up counseling was a *bad* idea. She wants the follow up.

Carnivore
12-17-2012, 7:48 PM
The Brady douche will just be that a brady douche. I just love how he agrees that mental heath issues are more important and then has to back peddle about the ban lol.

HowardW56
12-17-2012, 7:52 PM
Good program. Dr. Katherine Nordal psychologist and mental health expert, was excellent, her emphasis was on the medicating of America’s troubled youth with no counseling.
Surprisingly it is a very reasonable discussion...

Just to clarify so nobody misunderstands you -- she thought chucking a pill down these kids with no follow up counseling was a *bad* idea. She wants the follow up.

Yes, she was critical of the current state of mental health care...

problemchild
12-17-2012, 9:09 PM
Yeah and now that the OWNER of Fox news sold us out and called for a gun ban...... We have no news network to watch. I wont give them 1 second of my viewing from now on.

Arm the teachers.....

gunsandrockets
12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
He done good!

GRP17
12-18-2012, 12:19 AM
This was a good video. I hope more people (the ignorant ones about guns) can see this a learn a little. Some people get the facts others like the old guy and Dan Gross dont know jack about guns.

safewaysecurity
12-18-2012, 12:40 AM
He and John Lott are great at these things. Alan Gottlieb shouldn't be speaking for us on telivision imo. He's great at what he does at SAF but your average person will see him as the crazy gun nut that always wears a bow tie. Professor Lott and David Kopel are much better faces for this fight. I left Alan Gura out because he's got a ton on his plate. Also many of the NRA spokespersons are not that great either.

Luieburger
12-18-2012, 9:09 AM
Good discussion. Kopel spoke very well.

acourvil
12-18-2012, 5:11 PM
Kopel also had a good opinion piece in today's WSJ