PDA

View Full Version : With all the recent Gun control talk---if--

TKLBC
12-17-2012, 5:32 PM
If the focus is going to be on Gun Control to try to fix things, while they ignore real Mental Health reform (Which I believe is the place they need to start). If either the state or federal government passes new laws, what is everyone's opinion on how long it will take for the laws to take place? I am looking to by my first gun in February, and the possibility of new laws and or supply have me concerned.

taperxz
12-17-2012, 5:34 PM
You can't buy a gun now. Its over. All guns were banned today by the President. We all have to turn ours in now.

Guntech
12-17-2012, 5:35 PM
Yep the jack booted thugs will be coming the first of January

stix213
12-17-2012, 5:42 PM
OMG how many of these "what if a ban happens" threads do we need per hour here? geez

LIBRARIAN!!!!

krazz
12-17-2012, 5:42 PM
Panic!!!! Now!!!!

chillincody
12-17-2012, 5:46 PM
If the focus is going to be on Gun Control to try to fix things, while they ignore real Mental Health reform (Which I believe is the place they need to start). If either the state or federal government passes new laws, what is everyone's opinion on how long it will take for the laws to take place? I am looking to by my first gun in February, and the possibility of new laws and or supply have me concerned.

buy your gun dont worry about new laws 3 things can happen if they ban guns 1 our broke arse goverment will have to pay us for our guns
2 you will be able to register it like ca residents did when the AW ban went into effect
3 look what happened when the british empire tried to disarm us didnt go so well lol

they ignore the real issue of mental health because the ones pushing for gun control are anti gun people who just use tradegy to further their agenda its sad to say but is true ive seen it my whole life

JonnyGSX
12-17-2012, 5:51 PM
I'm just curious. Gun rights are part of the constitution. But so many people who arent gun owners seem to have no problem with tearing that little part of the constitution up. I am a firm believer in the document our countries fathers created. But I honestly believe the media has a huge part in all this. If we were to say ban the media from broadcasting 24hr coverage of mass shootings I know everyone would scream free speech violations. But how is that different from violating our rights to bear arms? I believe that a ban on media coverage in these circumstances would go a lot farther than banning guns.

navycorpsman
12-17-2012, 5:59 PM
I'm just curious. Gun rights are part of the constitution. But so many people who arent gun owners seem to have no problem with tearing that little part of the constitution up. I am a firm believer in the document our countries fathers created. But I honestly believe the media has a huge part in all this. If we were to say ban the media from broadcasting 24hr coverage of mass shootings I know everyone would scream free speech violations. But how is that different from violating our rights to bear arms? I believe that a ban on media coverage in these circumstances would go a lot farther than banning guns.

I agree and this is why our country is more screwed up than meets the eye

navycorpsman
12-17-2012, 6:01 PM
I personally think nothing will affect uis in CA, we already have a AWB we just need to be ready for SB249 again next year and stand up again to squash it. This country will move on to something else in a few weeks

TKLBC
12-17-2012, 6:07 PM

Exactly. They like to say the 2nd amendment was introduced when there were only muskets, yet fail to use the same logic when it is their right to free speech comes into question, I'm pretty sure they didn't have 24 hour cable news on TV, or the internet when the constitution was drafted.

CBruce
12-17-2012, 7:10 PM

You need to get outside of your little social sphere a bit. I know a lot of non-gun owning people who don't want to see a total ban on guns. Only a handful are the real radical (one in particular mentioned a "right to live in a world free of assault weapons" as one of his civil rights)...but most of them respect the 2nd ammendment to some degree and think people should be able to own guns for hunting and self-defense if nothing else.

Most of them are struggling with this whole concept of "assault weapons". They've bought into the idea that these are weapons of the battlefield and I've been trying to explain that they're literally no different than any magazine-fed semi-automoatic firearm, and only marginally different from any firearm period. For some reason people seem to think soldiers have access to super-guns, and these extra-deadly weapons don't belong in civilian hands.

Why they belong in cops hands, I can't figure out yet. I guess they think only cops encounter armed criminals.

Anyhow, point is...yeah, they're a bit ignorant and misinformed, but not as many rabid 'let's become like the UK and ban all guns for everyone!' as you'd believe.

snowdog650
12-17-2012, 7:12 PM
Panic!!!! Now!!!!

Its already happening ... Take a look around to see if you can find any AR-15 mags in stock.