PDA

View Full Version : Tax break for Gun control?

newtothis
12-17-2012, 5:03 PM
I propose that the US government give a tax deduction or voucher for anyone who wishs to buy a gun safe. This would make access more difficult for thieves and mentally ill.

hermosabeach
12-17-2012, 5:27 PM
Did the mom in the latest shooting think her son was sick?

Did the parents of the Colorado Bat Man shooting think their son was sick?

If anything, maybe we treat firearm theft and possession of a stolen firearm like they do in New Zealand .....

A serious issue that is self with with a large reply.

Most DA's have an extremely high conviction rate.

Why- they plea bargain to avoid court.

So murder becomes littering

hermosabeach
12-17-2012, 5:27 PM

Did the parents of the Colorado Bat Man shooting think their son was sick?

If anything, maybe we treat firearm theft and possession of a stolen firearm like they do in New Zealand .....

A serious issue that is self with with a large reply.

Most DA's have an extremely high conviction rate.

Why- they plea bargain to avoid court.

So murder becomes littering

tcrpe
12-17-2012, 5:47 PM
They need to distribute free ObamaGunSafes.

I'll take three, please!

Skidmark
12-17-2012, 5:47 PM

Yes, absolutely, she did.

I think being able to deduct the cost of a gun safe would be fantastic. But don't hold your breath waiting for Congress to agree to more tax expenditures.

tcrpe
12-17-2012, 5:49 PM
All these shooters leave a trail of ignored warnings. Bells and whistles unanswered by their enablers. This latest woman, who provided the shooter with the guns is as guilty as he is.

They're both dead now.

newtothis
12-17-2012, 5:51 PM

I don't know - time will tell. If there was any doubt then the guns should probably have been locked up.

I recall being in City Arms a few years ago when I was waiting to buy a safe. The gentleman ahead of me was considering a similar purchase. Not really sure that he needed or wanted one I suggested that it's cheap insurance. He had his son - around 10 I'd say - in tow along with the son's friend. We both purchased one. I guess I'm saying that with kids around - mental state not withstanding - a safe gives at least little protection.

newtothis
12-17-2012, 6:08 PM
I think being able to deduct the cost of a gun safe would be fantastic. But don't hold your breath waiting for Congress to agree to more tax expenditures.

You're right of course. It's more likely that some attempt to require such a purchase will make the rounds. This would likely be opposed vehemently by most on this board and other gun rights avocates. On the other hand if it were optional with the financial incentive...

In any case, there is no doubt in my mind that some lives would be saved with more guns kept secure.