PDA

View Full Version : A Place to Shoot - Tac Prec RIfle Match - 08/25/07

Timberwolf
08-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Tactical / Precision Rifle Match
August 25, 2007

A Place to Shoot in Saugus, CA will be having a Tactical / Precision Rifle Match on Saturday, August 25, 2007. Registration will begin at 0700 and the first stage will begin at 0730. The match should run until approximately 1200.

The match will consist of approximately five or six different courses of fire (depending on time and number of participants) and will be a combination of precision shooting and tactical application. The ranges will vary between 100 and 800 yards. There will be a combination of reactive targets, paper and steel that range is size from 1 MOA to 3 MOA for the given range depending on the course of fire.

This match is primarily designed for the Precision Bolt Rifle however, if you own a hunting rifle and feel capable of its performance and accuracy, feel free to participate.

There is some movement during the stages, and targets will be engaged from various field positions in whatever shooting position is necessary to insure a clear shot and in some cases concealment while taking the shot.

The fee for the match will be $25.00 for early registration, $30.00 for match day walk-ons. Plaques and certificates will for awarded to the top three finishers and a medal will be awarded to the top shooter in the 100 - yard dot drill. This is limited to 25 competitors so pre-registration is suggested. If you’re interested in registering or have any questions either PM me through this forum or email me directly at billerwin@msn.com

MicronuT
08-16-2007, 9:15 PM
what is the percentage of fill now?
will participants have to range themselves as far as distances?
are there sighters?
how many rounds fired?

Timberwolf
08-16-2007, 10:08 PM
I still have slots available; all distances are known; no sighters and you'll need no more than 50 rounds

wildcard
08-17-2007, 9:58 AM
No sighters meaning none whatsoever? Or can other participants and/or spectators spot for you?

rksimple
08-17-2007, 10:02 AM
I think he means no sighting shots, like in BR or F class. At this match, every shot will be for score.

wildcard
08-17-2007, 12:29 PM
I think he means no sighting shots, like in BR or F class. At this match, every shot will be for score.

Darn I'm a newbie.. not down with the lingo yet :o

MicronuT
08-17-2007, 2:51 PM

yea thats exactly what i mean, and no sighters at 800, ?? thatll be a doosie. what are temperatures like up there?

PistolPete75
08-17-2007, 2:54 PM
next match is in the morning, so i would set your ballistics program at about 85degrees. the 800yard is also uphill, so you have to adjust for that. in addition, i believe it might have a crosswind up there.

Timberwolf
08-17-2007, 3:11 PM
I normally do the CBS @ 800 and the target is an 18"x24" steel plate so its not that bad . . .

Normally in precision rifle matches you don't have sighter shots - thats what you keep a well documented log book for, so you can make 1st shot hits based upon your previous notes regarding similar conditions.

ocabj
08-17-2007, 4:07 PM
1. Know your rifle.

2. Learn to call your shots.

3. Learn to read wind to within 5mph.

4. Learn to estimate distance (assuming unknown).

That's how you get by in a no-sighter match.

Timberwolf
08-17-2007, 9:46 PM
One week call out - if you are planning on attending and have not already let me know hit me a PM or email so I can get your name on the list.