View Full Version : Please sign this petition

12-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Thank you

12-17-2012, 2:06 AM
No offense as I know you are well-meaning and all, but people should not do this.

If you get a ton of signatures some low-level White House flunky will put out some sort of meaningless statement - and that is all. You could have 10 million people sign the thing and no good would come of it.

What people do is they sign the thing and figure they've done something worthwhile and then figure they don't have to do all that much else. What they should be doing is contacting their congressperson and complaining to high heaven about the stupidity and mangling of our rights.

If people do sign up they've just identified themselves (rather thoroughly) as an enemy of Obama and his agenda. Being on Obama's enemies list may not be a good thing for you.

Even if they don't go after you personally - you can bet your bottom dollar that they will use the data you've given to improve their campaign fund expenditures in 2014 and 2016 (and beyond) because you told them more about yourself. These folk are building dossiers on every single US citizen they can identify, and we should not be helping them out.

12-17-2012, 3:51 AM
Yet another one that doesn't do anything https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/realize-gun-control-only-affects-law-abiding-citizens-not-criminals-guns-dont-kill-people-people/L70bQ012?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl. These are just feel good devices meant to distract us from doing something that will actually help.

12-17-2012, 5:40 AM
the anti-gun petition got national news coverage.... everything helps.

12-17-2012, 5:44 AM
and the fact less people will sign it speaks louder then anything... so you people telling others NOT to make an account and sign it are actually helping anti-gun groups.

If you are worried that by making the account the government will somehow know realize you own a gun...don't be so foolish...they already know that.

took me less then 1 minute to make an account, activate it and sign the petition.

12-17-2012, 6:06 AM
Are you really suggesting that if the petition got a whole bunch of signatures that the press would give a pro-RKBA petition its due?

Give me a break! The mainstream media is not going to be even slightly even-handed on this stuff.

I mean, look at the terminology that is used? The evildoer is a "gunman". Technically any of us males with a gun is a "gunman" - even if we'd never, ever do what Adam Lanza did.

But do they routinely call him a mass murderer instead of a "gunman"?

Such petitions are an exercise in futility unless you hate freedom.

If you got a petition going that praised ObamaCare, inveighed against firearms, and promoted free abortion for everyone along with higher taxes - then the press would cover it if you only got 20 people signing onto your petition.

Remember a month or two ago there were all these petitions about states leaving the Union? I think one was over 1/4 million signatures?

What became of those petitions? Was there any meaningful discussion of the possibility of secession? Was there any meaningful response from the White House? Was anything done to address the concerns of those who signed onto those petitions?

What actually got more momentum was a drive to revoke the citizenship of those who had signed onto those petitions.

Unless you are deliberately playing into the media story the regime wants to get air time - these petitions are (at best) a waste of everyone's time.

No one should sign onto these petitions.

12-17-2012, 6:08 AM
Online petitions are stupid.

12-17-2012, 6:09 AM
The problem is the petition tries to rationalize a point to, an irrational administration.

12-17-2012, 7:23 AM
And how do you rationalize something as this!