PDA

View Full Version : Can't find the CA code for unlicensed concealed carry - Please assist:

DannyInSoCal
12-16-2012, 6:39 PM
If I remember from a thread a few years back -

Carrying a concealed sidearm legally registered to the carrier without a LTC/CCW permit in CA is a misdemeanor -

Correct or incorrect...?

Trying to find the specific codes...

edwardm
12-16-2012, 7:05 PM
If I remember from a thread a few years back -

Carrying a concealed sidearm legally registered to the carrier without a LTC/CCW permit in CA is a misdemeanor -

Correct or incorrect...?

Trying to find the specific codes...

New PC 25400.

http://leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=71730228892+2+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve

I think that's what you were asking about.

Ron-Solo
12-16-2012, 7:06 PM
It used to be 12025 PC but they changed the numbering last year. Yes, misdemeanor if no DROS record in the name of the person carrying.

*** Edit. Edwardm found it.

Librarian
12-16-2012, 7:17 PM
The LTC forum has a link to the relevant code for the possible crimes and the LTC code.

aermotor
12-16-2012, 8:56 PM
Edwardm's link doesn't work. So what's the damage if gun is registered to you?

socal2310
12-16-2012, 9:07 PM
For the bare charge of violation of that single statute, no more than one year in county jail and maximum $1,000 fine.

BUT, IIRC you can be bumped into felony territory by tacked on charges. One of the easiest is the 1000' GFSZ. With a permit you are exempt, without, you are not. Now, try to travel from your house to a friends house more than 1/2 mile but less than 2 miles away in an urban or suburban area without violating GFSZ act.

Ryan

Falstaff
12-16-2012, 9:08 PM
It used to be 12025 PC but they changed the numbering last year. Yes, misdemeanor if no DROS record in the name of the person carrying.

*** Edit. Edwardm found it.

wait wait wait, I thought if it WAS DROS'ed to you it was misd, if it was NOT registered to you it would be felony/wobbler??

Librarian
12-16-2012, 9:15 PM
wait wait wait, I thought if it WAS DROS'ed to you it was misd, if it was NOT registered to you it would be felony/wobbler??

I think Ron typoed that - felony if not registered to the carrier (and 5 other specified situations), should be filed as misdemeanor in other circumstances.

See the sticky in the LTC forum -- http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=388997

dieselpower
12-16-2012, 9:27 PM
Last guy I knew who was arrested with a loaded concealed firearm inside his apartment complex, lost the handgun, paid a fine and did like 6 months of weekends picking up trash on the freeway and working at the city dump, but no felony charges filed.

dieselpower
12-16-2012, 9:27 PM
Last guy I knew who was arrested with a loaded concealed firearm inside his apartment complex, lost the handgun, paid a fine and did like 6 months of weekends picking up trash on the freeway and working at the city dump, but no felony charges filed.

Glock22Fan
12-17-2012, 8:12 AM
Don't forget, it's a second set of charges if the concealed firearm is loaded. Again, can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony.

winnre
12-17-2012, 8:21 AM
And if you get the book "How to Own a Gun and Stay Out of Jail" you will see there are times that you can legally carry a concealed firearm without a permit.

fizux
12-17-2012, 10:19 PM
And if you get the book "How to Own a Gun and Stay Out of Jail" you will see there are times that you can legally carry a concealed firearm without a permit.

But as a matter of reality in places like SF, using most of those exceptions is asking for major trouble in the guilty-until-proven-innocent department. Keep in mind that GFSZ's still apply, which renders most of those exceptions near worthless in an urban environment.

winnre
12-18-2012, 7:29 AM
But as a matter of reality in places like SF, using most of those exceptions is asking for major trouble in the guilty-until-proven-innocent department. Keep in mind that GFSZ's still apply, which renders most of those exceptions near worthless in an urban environment.

Can't believe a county that stupid has so many schools. :D

Glock22Fan
12-18-2012, 7:37 AM
Can't believe a county that stupid has so many schools. :D

Proves what many of us have said for a long time, that public schools indoctrinate kids into left wing loonies.

:D

HapaMan
12-18-2012, 7:37 AM

Time to pick myself up a copy.