PDA

View Full Version : What would the effect be of an executive order?

smirnus3000
12-16-2012, 7:15 PM
How much could it change or limit our rtkba? What action can be taken after one?

bloodhawke83
12-16-2012, 7:17 PM
He can tell atf to stop processing background checks and no one can buy a gun legally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ZigZags
12-16-2012, 7:17 PM
your guess is as good as anyone's.

pHredd9mm
12-16-2012, 7:20 PM
I have no doubt that if an executive order was severe enough that really bad things would happen. I do not think anything will happen that SCOTUS won't tackle ASAP.

tiki
12-16-2012, 7:29 PM
He can tell atf to stop processing background checks and no one can buy a gun legally.

Move to Florida. People who hold a valid CCW can cash and carry. I don't think the ATF is open on Sunday.

Baconator
12-16-2012, 7:32 PM
Marshal law.

Sent from Obama's Mind

Emdawg
12-16-2012, 7:34 PM

That will be a no-no. People will probably still trade their guns and then everything will nearly impossible to track down.

SilverTauron
12-16-2012, 7:44 PM
It depends on the nature of the order. A regulatory change such as an expanded background check process for a list of "certain" guns wouldn't even merit a mention by mainstream media.

Something as extreme as a ban via executive order on the other hand would be a declaration of war against every lawful rifle owner in America. As the Chicago goblins would put it , that's too much heat.

POLICESTATE
12-16-2012, 7:59 PM
I think we need to somehow ban the use of executive orders, more often than not they are used to infringe our rights, not just 2A rights, but all of them.

They circumvent the intent of the COTUS to have a system of checks and balances. The Executive Branch is not the law. But it sure seems like it is more and more as time goes by.

LAf0QnLFS7Q

jamesob
12-16-2012, 8:08 PM
When it comes to the 2nd I have a feeling that this country would go south very quickly, and rightfully so.

Brundelfly
12-16-2012, 8:11 PM
When it comes to the 2nd I have a feeling that this country would go south very quickly, and rightfully so.

Perhaps...that is what they are counting on.

Librarian
12-16-2012, 8:13 PM
There would have to be an executive order before anyone could answer. "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."