PDA

View Full Version : Legal to ship in state C&R mosin m44 private party

backstrap
12-16-2012, 1:13 PM
I've been chatting with a seller of an M44 in California and they believe the M44 they have needs to ship to an FFL. I know he can ship to me but I can't find the code. Can anyone show me a code that says private party sells is ok and he can ship to me in state plz.

0321jarhead
12-16-2012, 1:19 PM
Are you a FFL/03 holder or is he?

CSACANNONEER
12-16-2012, 1:28 PM
Under FEDERAL law, since it is not crossing state lines, it does not need to be shipped to a FFL holder.
Under state law, it can be sold without an FFL too.

TRICKSTER
12-16-2012, 1:28 PM
See here. http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Buying_and_selling_firearms_in_California#Selling_ as_a_Private_Party

But many people are still not comfortable doing this via mail as it is difficult to be sure exactly who you are selling to. I thought you worked for a FFL. Won't they accept the rifle for you if the seller insist on shipping to a FFL?

backstrap
12-16-2012, 2:05 PM
Under FEDERAL law, since it is not crossing state lines, it does not need to be shipped to a FFL holder.
Under state law, it can be sold without an FFL too.

I know it, cause I'm told it but can't find the code that says it.

TRICKSTER
12-16-2012, 2:32 PM
I know it, cause I'm told it but can't find the code that says it.

For your answer, see post #4. Laws normally state what is prohibited and the exemptions to the law, not what is allowed.

Wojtek
12-16-2012, 3:38 PM
Its legal.

Fate
12-16-2012, 3:51 PM
It's legal, however convincing a seller of that fact might be impossible. Your options are 1) have him ship it to a FFL or 2) pass on the deal if he won't budge.