PDA

View Full Version : CA Unloaded Locked Carry Question

Adog5
12-16-2012, 1:21 PM
In California, can a person carry a unloaded handgun (with a loaded magazine, next to, but not in the handgun), where both items are in a locked container?

As an example, is it legal to bring a locked container into a store, public area, that contains an unloaded handgun, but the container does also contain loaded magazine clips that are filled?

This would be transportation of the firearm. I have heard that you must be going to or from a shooting range...etc. But still, that's not a law right? Can you be convicted of a crime if a person does what is stated above?

paul0660
12-16-2012, 1:25 PM
Transportation applies to vehicles and to and from vehicles.

ke6guj
12-16-2012, 1:27 PM
look up LUCC, locked unloaded container carry.

dieselpower
12-16-2012, 1:32 PM
Transportation applies to vehicles and to and from vehicles.

really so my firearm rights are tied to my drivers license... and my wealth to own a vehicle... didn't know that. :rolleyes:

DFence
12-16-2012, 1:47 PM
really so my firearm rights are tied to my drivers license... and my wealth to own a vehicle... didn't know that. :rolleyes:

I think he is referring to the same law applies to transporting in a vehicle as it does when you are walking to the vehicle with the firearm.

paul0660
12-16-2012, 1:53 PM
He knows what I mean. There is transporting, and there is carrying, as far as the law is concerned. Don't shoot the messenger.

Librarian
12-16-2012, 2:03 PM
As noted in post 3, you are asking about LUCC - Locked, Unloaded Concealed Carry.

That should pull up a lot of threads if you would search.