PDA

View Full Version : aw ban? fienstien. this fud?

sdallace
12-16-2012, 9:53 AM
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/12/16/feinstein-will-introduce-assault-weapons-ban-in-senate/

dieselpower
12-16-2012, 10:09 AM
well its not FUD if she is saying she is going to push it... the video is clear as day.

BUPa5UW0oBM

robcoe
12-16-2012, 10:13 AM
She will introduce it, it will likely pass the senate, fail in the house, gun ban supporters will whine, noting will likely pass on a federal level until at least after the next midterm elections.

ramathorn
12-16-2012, 10:16 AM
I was reading the comments at the bottom... its sad how nutty and knee-jerk the public is. Not a lot of sense out there anymore.

majtom94
12-16-2012, 10:17 AM
KRON 4 this morning is running a clip of difi saying on Monday (12/17) she will introduce another gun ban (refuse to use AW). No retro-active application or confiscation in bill but similar to the expired one of yore.

Wish the country would spend the money on mental health in lieu of setting the country on a course for the next Civil War.

I'm buying three black guns tomorrow just to piss off CA and the rest of these liberal blow hards in this country.

Guntech
12-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I was reading the comments at the bottom... its sad how nutty and knee-jerk the public is. Not a lot of NO sense out there anymore.

Fixed that for you.

ScottB
12-16-2012, 10:36 AM
She's never made any secret of her desire/intention to reintroduce the bill when the opportunity presented itself - namely when she could exploit innocent dead people. So here it is.

We need to take these attempts seriously and not just assume the standard paradigm of the last several years will continue. The political pressure will be enormous and there is big money from the likes of Bloomberg, Soros and assorted other leftists. Some politicians we thought were on our side will cave. The NRA B-rated ones and lower are particularly vulnerable

We can't just hunker down, say "It wasn't my guns, I gotta right!" and tell everyone to go away. It is an inadequate response and will be dismissed by the public and Congress.

The public debate needs to be turned away from US gun laws to more probable causal factors such as mental health care in this country, the number of kids who are on psychotropic drugs, the role of the media in exploiting these incidents for profit and how their pursuit of their corporate and personal interests helps to perpetuate the problem. I think we need to demand that Congress and the media look at "shooter" video games as well and how they may affect kids at the margins - the ones who have other issues going on.

We also need to make sure that the public and congress become aware of the fact that Europe has about the same incidence, per capita, of multiple-victim public shootings as the US, despite gun laws most Americans would consider draconian. Its just that their tradegies occur across a lot of smaller countries and nobody sees the larger, Europe-wide picture. And lets not forget the couple dozen or so mass-victim knife attacks that have occured in Chinese schools over the past couple years.

We can't let the standard list of anti 2nd Amendment politicians, lobbyists and media types define and dominate the debate and be relegated to making excuses and deflections, playing defense in their game as so often happens. If tat happens, we are going to lose some important gains we have made over the past few years.

saint7
12-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Anyone know how this will effect 80%? I just picked up one and really do not want to have to register it.

dieselpower
12-16-2012, 11:05 AM
^ complete unknown

zoid52
12-16-2012, 11:19 AM
The real danger exists in Ca; no one can stop those idiots in Sac as they hold a majority to do whatever they want!

S470FM
12-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't mention anything about owning an 80% or AK flat.

Moonshine
12-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Originally I was only planning on owning one AR-15. Of course thanks to Feinstein and others I now own several. It's easy to introduce a bill... Especially when you know it won't pass and want to shift the blame to the other party when it doesn't. No ban until at least 2014 and if something like the fed ban of yore is introduced the democrats can say goodbye to a lot of seats in both houses in 2014 because obviously they forgo about what happened in 1996.

IVC
12-16-2012, 11:52 AM
She will introduce it, it will likely pass the senate, fail in the house, ...

It's highly questionable whether it would ever get to the vote phase in the Senate. The downside of having a *documented* vote massively outweighs the potential upside of passing it, just to have it stall in the House or worse, have it stricken down by the courts.

wjc
12-16-2012, 12:00 PM
She's never made any secret of her desire/intention to reintroduce the bill when the opportunity presented itself - namely when she could exploit innocent dead people. So here it is.

We need to take these attempts seriously and not just assume the standard paradigm of the last several years will continue. The political pressure will be enormous and there is big money from the likes of Bloomberg, Soros and assorted other leftists. Some politicians we thought were on our side will cave. The NRA B-rated ones and lower are particularly vulnerable

We can't just hunker down, say "It wasn't my guns, I gotta right!" and tell everyone to go away. It is an inadequate response and will be dismissed by the public and Congress.

The public debate needs to be turned away from US gun laws to more probable causal factors such as mental health care in this country, the number of kids who are on psychotropic drugs, the role of the media in exploiting these incidents for profit and how their pursuit of their corporate and personal interests helps to perpetuate the problem. I think we need to demand that Congress and the media look at "shooter" video games as well and how they may affect kids at the margins - the ones who have other issues going on.

We also need to make sure that the public and congress become aware of the fact that Europe has about the same incidence, per capita, of multiple-victim public shootings as the US, despite gun laws most Americans would consider draconian. Its just that their tradegies occur across a lot of smaller countries and nobody sees the larger, Europe-wide picture. And lets not forget the couple dozen or so mass-victim knife attacks that have occured in Chinese schools over the past couple years.

We can't let the standard list of anti 2nd Amendment politicians, lobbyists and media types define and dominate the debate and be relegated to making excuses and deflections, playing defense in their game as so often happens. If tat happens, we are going to lose some important gains we have made over the past few years.

You bring up some very good points and I agree with your premise.

I was struck, after watching all the shows covering this, that very few are recognizing the other factors that contribute to these types of shootings.

DiFi and Yee, as expected, are exploiting this and I expect an article by Boxer in the San Jose Murky News any minute.

I suspect that gun orgs need to get involved heavily here and try to explain these other factors

CBruce
12-16-2012, 12:43 PM
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/12/16/feinstein-will-introduce-assault-weapons-ban-in-senate/

Who's surprised by this. She's been targeting these political punching-bags for years and just sitting on an already written bill waiting for a tragedy to drum up the public support in their outrage to see something done long enough to shove it through.

This is the same **** that got us things like the patriot act and the TSA fondling our junk.

SandHill
12-16-2012, 1:01 PM
The real danger exists in Ca; no one can stop those idiots in Sac as they hold a majority to do whatever they want!

^^^^This. Not that there is no danger at he national level, but there is lot more at the state level right now.

I know there is no bill yet in the Senate, but does anyone have any idea what DiFi means when she says:

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession. Not retroactively but prospectively."

If you ban possession of weapons already owned, that looks retroactive to me. I know it might be a bit much to expect logical cohesion from DiFi on this subject, but is there anything in tew legislative record of previous attempts that would shed light on what she intends?

Librarian
12-16-2012, 1:18 PM
Please read the sticky - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=641207