PDA

View Full Version : "Tighter gun laws?" Post your vote at LA TIMES

Tarn_Helm
12-15-2012, 4:17 PM
"Tighter gun laws?"

Post your vote at LA TIMES.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/editorials/la-ed-1215-guns-20121215,0,5800421.story

Wade65
12-15-2012, 4:24 PM
"Tighter gun laws?"

Post your vote at LA TIMES.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/editorials/la-ed-1215-guns-20121215,0,5800421.story

done. Thanks for the heads-up.

ptroxx
12-15-2012, 4:27 PM
dupe...iblm

connorr931
12-15-2012, 4:27 PM
voted. thanks!

CSACANNONEER
12-15-2012, 4:28 PM
I'm a moron. I can't find the poll. Where is it?

Beatone
12-15-2012, 4:41 PM
No for me.

rossespo
12-15-2012, 4:43 PM
I'm a moron. I can't find the poll. Where is it?

It should be right under the photo, at least that is where I found it :)

taperxz
12-15-2012, 4:47 PM
Dupe

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=9923168

CSACANNONEER
12-15-2012, 4:55 PM
It should be right under the photo, at least that is where I found it :)

OK, It's not there. I wonder if I have to be signed into facebook or something?

Tarn_Helm
12-15-2012, 4:56 PM
Dupe

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=9923168

I didn't realize that.

I don't read the Off Topic thread.

And since the poll is about laws and this sub-forum is about laws, I posted the notice here.

Whatever.

Tell all our fellow "gun nuts" (i.e., freedom nuts) to vote, please.
:oji:

socalstag
12-15-2012, 4:58 PM
voted, shared....things are getting sketchy guys

NuGunner
12-15-2012, 4:59 PM
Seriously they need to do an editorial on the laws that are already in place. What more do they want!!!!!

JB-Norcal
12-15-2012, 4:59 PM
I've often thought that we should have a sticky for MSM Polls, and links to articles that deserve our attention (with calm, informative replies) in the "comments" section of most newspapers. We have to counteract ignorant opinion, with fact; and there's power in numbers.

Schlyme
12-15-2012, 5:01 PM
wow 54% against!!! I posted a nice comment too :D

boingo
12-15-2012, 5:12 PM
Voted... 53% against now.

VegasND
12-15-2012, 5:42 PM
Voted and it shows 53% against for me too.

I doubt it'll matter -- if the administration thinks it can possibly make it through the House or at least be used for publicity against the 'opposition' we'll see a bill of some kind.

Yeah -- I'm assuming 'gun friendly' Harry Reid will find whatever it may be reasonable enough to make sure it passes the Senate.

Linus
12-15-2012, 5:42 PM
just voted also, still at 53% No

Rider1k
12-15-2012, 5:44 PM
just voted 47Y 53 N

dodge
12-15-2012, 5:50 PM
the rest of the planet has much to gain 'if' america & it's citizens are no longer armed. let's take the intiative to get something of our own up & a valid petition voicing our position 'now' before it becomes illegal to re-taliate politically & w/citizens vote even mattering.

this could very well be driven by a terroist nation attempting to weaken their opponent. :facepalm:
i know this might sound a bit far fetched, but it's happening right in front of our eyes & we need to take action before anything gets an 'executive order' to comply with. obama used the very language that insinuates he 'might' be using his power for such. an armed nation is probably all that's prevented any conflict on u.s. soil through-out history.

w/out arms our enemies can easily take the nation from the inside; out. the most foolish thing america could ever do would be un-arm it's citizen soldiers & allow any other country the opportunity to really have their way on u.s. soil

(will link here as soon as i find something useful)

geeze, this is big. un must be behind this. wondering if they've given u.s. a time limit on when to get us obliging to such ridiculous standard.

(posting for examples of both sides petitioning efforts)

this is frightening/the globes side
http://www.oxfam.org/en/campaigns/conflict/controlarms

What is Oxfam doing about it?

Through the Control Arms campaign – a global civil society alliance – we are calling for a global, legally-binding Arms Trade Treaty, to control this deadly trade. Over one million people have signed our Million Faces Petition, which was presented to UN Secretary General Kofi Annan in 2006. In 2009, work began in earnest on developing a treaty. The final negotiations are now set for 2012. We are continuing to keep the pressure on States to make sure the final treaty is effective in saving lives.

> Use the interactive map at armstreaty.org to find out what your Government’s position is on the key issues that will determine whether the Arms Trade Treaty will be bulletproof

our side
http://dickmorris.rallycongress.com/7175/gun-control/

Sign The Petition To Stop The US From Signing The Arms Trade Treaty!
544,929 Letters and Emails Sent So Far

"Dear Friend,

On July 27th, the nations of the world met in New York to sign a global Arms Trade Treaty (ATT). Disguised as a way to prevent the proliferation of small arms throughout the world, it is, in fact, a backdoor way to legislate gun control in the United States and effectively repeal our Second Amendment.

The ATT will set up a global body, which will require all nations to regulate firearms so that they can prevent their exportation to other countries. Inevitably, this will require countries to inventory the guns in private hands and to register them. A gun ban is not far away.

The ATT, under the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution, would have the power of a constitutional amendment and would, effectively, repeal the Second Amendment guaranteeing us the right to bear arms. We must fight to stop the US from signing the treaty and, if we fail, block Senate ratification.

Please sign the petition below and include your name and address so we can send it to your Congressman and Senators. We'll add your email address to our Alerts list so we can keep you posted on progress and next steps.

Thanks very much.

Dick Morris"

Librarian
12-15-2012, 6:03 PM
Duplicate, in OT.

Usual no-value, anyone can vote as often as they like thing.