PDA

View Full Version : BATFE Taking Comments on Exemption to "Armor Piercing Ammunition"

LOW2000
12-14-2012, 1:56 PM
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2012/batfe-taking-comments-on-sporting-purposes-exemption-to-armor-piercing-ammunition-law-until-dec-31.aspx

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is taking public comments on its website until December 31, with regard to how it should determine what types of projectiles meet the "sporting purposes" exception to the federal "armor piercing ammunition" law. At this time, the question centers primarily around rifle-caliber projectiles made of metals harder than lead, such as the Barnes Bullets solid brass hunting bullets.

sholling
12-14-2012, 2:14 PM
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2012/batfe-taking-comments-on-sporting-purposes-exemption-to-armor-piercing-ammunition-law-until-dec-31.aspx

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is taking public comments on its website until December 31, with regard to how it should determine what types of projectiles meet the "sporting purposes" exception to the federal "armor piercing ammunition" law. At this time, the question centers primarily around rifle-caliber projectiles made of metals harder than lead, such as the Barnes Bullets solid brass hunting bullets.
Hmmmmm a ban on harder than lead by BATF regulators combined a ban on lead projectiles by the EPA should help them reach the Administration's goal of an unarmed society.

chillincody
12-14-2012, 2:21 PM
Hmmmmm a ban on harder than lead by BATF regulators combined a ban on lead projectiles by the EPA should help them reach the Administration's goal of an unarmed society.

Yea I thought that too when I read it

LOW2000
12-14-2012, 2:36 PM

Exactly, comply with lead-free regulations which have already been passed, and now you are violating AP ammo regulations. Well played ATF, well played.

cdtx2001
12-14-2012, 3:30 PM
Why does the ATF get to regulate the 2A with a term called "sporting purposes"?. The 2A is not about sport. Even the SCOTUS has ruled on that.

YubaRiver
12-14-2012, 3:35 PM
Bullets of gold. That would meet the goals of those who want ammo expensive.

YubaRiver
12-14-2012, 3:37 PM
stupid modem

YubaRiver
12-14-2012, 3:39 PM
stutter

LOW2000
12-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Comments period still open.

Springfield45
12-21-2012, 11:57 AM
I have read the 2nd Amendment over and over again. Can someone point me to the part that says anything about "Sporting Purposes"? ......Sarcasm.

scarville
12-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I have read the 2nd Amendment over and over again. Can someone point me to the part that says anything about "Sporting Purposes"? ......Sarcasm.

It's right there next to the word "muskets". (More sarcasm)