View Full Version : Shipping long guns from out of state

12-13-2012, 7:33 PM
I have two singleshot shotguns and one .32 lever action that I own but are in MI. I have had them for 25+ years. How can I ship them here? Do i need to go thru a FFL or can I have my brother ship them directly to my door since I own them? No receipts or record of long guns in MI. These all were gifts to me when I was growing up in MI, so no paperwork to say they are mine.

Also, in your opinion what is the best shipping company to use and does my brother have to declare them if they are broken down?

Any helpful advice or links would be appreciated.

12-14-2012, 7:47 AM
Bueller, Buuuuuuueller.....

12-14-2012, 8:28 AM
This question is better suited for the 2A/Legal section. You'd get more answers there. Maybe a mod will move it for you.

Anyway, as far as I know, you can ship them here through UPS completely assembled as long as you declare them. Breaking them down won't make a difference, they still need to be declared. Also, if they are yours already, then you don't need to go through an FFL.

12-14-2012, 4:44 PM
Ok, this is now in a better forum....i think. Does anybody have any input, advice, or suggestions? Is what killmime1234 said correct?