PDA

View Full Version : Stockton PD CCW permit

obiwan
12-13-2012, 11:18 AM
The new chief published his policy on issuing LTC;

http://www.stocktongov.com/government/departments/police/ccwPermit.html

Is the COP able to require and/or deny your LTC based on this;

"The applicant must show good cause for the issuance of the license, including facts establishing there is a clear and present danger to the life or personal safety of the applicant necessitating the carrying of a concealed weapon, and there are no other reasonable means whereby the personal safety of the applicant can be assured."

I mean 70 homicides this year alone to me is clear and present danger enough to issue every qualified resident a permit but, I know they don't see it this way.

M. D. Van Norman
12-13-2012, 11:21 AM
At this time, yes, and welcome to Calguns. :)

Glock22Fan
12-13-2012, 11:30 AM
He paraphrased it straight from this:

The (1977) Attorney General's Opinion on Good Causes

OPINION NO. CR. 77/30 I.L. 'the issuing authority must determine whether the threat to the applicant (or other causal situation) is as real as the applicant asserts (e.g., is there a clear and present danger to the applicant, his spouse, his family or his employees)? Finally, if the danger is manifest, the authority should determine whether that danger cannot be significantly alleviated by alternative means of security and whether in fact can be lawfully mitigated by the applicant's obtaining a concealed weapon license.'

This decision was rendered By Attorney General Evelle J. Younger, August 23, 1977.

obiwan
12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Any Ca. case law otherwise, where complainant inferred this denied him or her of their 2nd Amendment rights?

M. D. Van Norman
12-13-2012, 11:41 AM
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Litigation_Past_and_Present

Librarian
12-13-2012, 12:20 PM
... and you missed the long thread on 'Richards', one of the 3 LTC cases argued before the 9th Circuit last Thursday.

M. D. Van Norman
12-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah, we talk about this stuff more or less constantly. :D

nicki
12-13-2012, 12:45 PM
What county is Stockton in? Aren't the central valley sheriffs generally starting to issue?

Nicki

wildhawker
12-13-2012, 12:48 PM
What county is Stockton in? Aren't the central valley sheriffs generally starting to issue?

Nicki

San Joaquin County and no, it's not much better than Stockton PD.

-Brandon

Heatseeker
12-13-2012, 6:32 PM
According to the SJ County Sheriff, a cell phone is all the protection one needs in his county. I'd bet the SPD Chief will tell you the same thing...

FatCity67
12-14-2012, 3:55 PM
San Joaquin County and no, it's not much better than Stockton PD.

-Brandon

Isn't that the truth.

You would know. LOL