PDA

View Full Version : $20 Gun Case at Big 5

Gunaria
08-08-2007, 9:44 PM
Just in case if you don't know already, Big 5 has the DoskoSport oversize black plastic gun cases on sale right now for $20. Just make sure you inspect it closely. Things to watch out for are excussive mold flash and cracked/broken hinges.

Here is a website to check out if you haven't been there yet.

http://gun-deals.com/

Tweak338
08-08-2007, 10:54 PM
that website rocks.
Thanks gunaria

thedrickel
08-08-2007, 11:49 PM
FYI I can fit 3 romy's with MMG's in one of those.

ghost
08-19-2007, 9:59 PM
Just in case if you don't know already, Big 5 has the DoskoSport oversize black plastic gun cases on sale right now for $20. Just make sure you inspect it closely. Things to watch out for are excussive mold flash and cracked/broken hinges.

Here is a website to check out if you haven't been there yet.

http://gun-deals.com/

is that everday price at big5 or just sale prices?

Tweak338
08-19-2007, 11:20 PM
is that everday price at big5 or just sale prices?

Sale price, its normally $40..
I paid the $40, should have waited..

maxicon
08-20-2007, 8:22 AM
These are decent cases - I have several of them. There are 2 things I don't like about them:

- There's usually a gap between the halves of the handle, and when I pick it up, it squeezes together on my fingers. If it's loaded with heavy stuff, it'll give me a blood blister or two, which is a bad start to a range day.

- The foam's not dense enough to hold heavy stuff in place. I always put my rifles in silicone cloth Sack-Ups to keep them from scuffing against each other. They'll still migrate to the bottom of the case, though.

I've switched to using soft cases for transport, but these are a decent option for the money when on sale.

aplinker
08-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Big 5 is usually pretty cool about honoring past sale prices, if you ask.

blackbok
08-20-2007, 7:32 PM
I had one for a week. Stuff falls around in there pretty easy. Pretty flimsy plastic and HUGE.

Ehh, but for $20, some will love it.

fairfaxjim
08-20-2007, 7:43 PM
I've got one of those. They are BIG and the plastic & foam are a little to thin to support that much bigness. If is okay for taking a rifle from the safe to the range and back in the trunk or truck bed, but I wouldn't try to transport anything worthwhile in one for very far or if handled by anyone besides myself. But, for $20, its quite a bit of cheesy plastic.