PDA

View Full Version : Sell purchased gun from ffl to ffl transfer without purchaser drosing first legal

CAGLS
12-12-2012, 3:15 AM
If a handgun was purchased out of state then transferred ffl to ffl, then original purchaser decides to sell, can it be dros'd to the new buyer without the original purchaser drosing it first?

Stewdabaker23
12-12-2012, 8:01 AM
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I'm confused as hell as to what you are asking? ??

weqo
12-12-2012, 9:08 AM
I think OP paid for a handgun out of state, which was shipped by the out-of-state ffl to an in-state ffl, but OP no longer wants the gun and is looking to sell it to someone else before drosing the gun him/herself.

and to answer you question, if i have interpreted it correctly - i am fairly confident (though not 100% sure) that this is fine - afaik, the handgun is not technically yours until the 4473 is filled out and signed by you and the ffl.

tenpercentfirearms
12-12-2012, 9:54 AM
Yes. You can buy a gun, change your mind, and sell it. I don't care who paid for the gun. I only care how you answer Question 11.a. Are you the actual purchaser or transferee?

If you buy a firearm from someone else, you are the actual purchaser.

CAGLS
12-12-2012, 11:15 AM
I think OP paid for a handgun out of state, which was shipped by the out-of-state ffl to an in-state ffl, but OP no longer wants the gun and is looking to sell it to someone else before drosing the gun him/herself.

and to answer you question, if i have interpreted it correctly - i am fairly confident (though not 100% sure) that this is fine - afaik, the handgun is not technically yours until the 4473 is filled out and signed by you and the ffl.

My ffl said it was ok to do, transaction was completed today, and buyer started dros. Thanks guys.