PDA

View Full Version : Moving To California

sandiegobound
12-11-2012, 9:11 PM
In Arizona now which seems like some sort of paradise when it comes to firearms.
Moving in June and I have quite a few guns, the magazine issue seems to be okay to deal with but I have two UZI's.
Now I understand they are illegal by name but they have sentimental value as I inherited them from my father. Is there anything I could to at all?

I wouldn't even have a problem paying the class 3 stamp just to be able to keep them. When I was 12 when I talked my dad into buying them and would really love to keep them in the family.

Librarian
12-11-2012, 9:20 PM
See the wiki -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Moving_to_California_with_firearms

In order to move Class 3 or things CA calls 'assault weapons' into the state, you would need a machinegun permit. Those are essentially unobtainable.

tcrpe
12-11-2012, 9:22 PM
In Arizona now which seems like some sort of paradise when it comes to firearms.
Moving in June and I have quite a few guns, the magazine issue seems to be okay to deal with but I have two UZI's.
Now I understand they are illegal by name but they have sentimental value as I inherited them from my father. Is there anything I could to at all?

I wouldn't even have a problem paying the class 3 stamp just to be able to keep them. When I was 12 when I talked my dad into buying them and would really love to keep them in the family.

Safe deposit box in AZ.

sandiegobound
12-11-2012, 9:28 PM
Thanks for the quick info, although depressing. I am fairly liberal but I like my guns so this sucks.

Kenneth83
12-11-2012, 9:29 PM
Is the class III really "unobtainable"? For years people told me, and I thought, ccw`s were "unobtainable" in California.... Many of us on this site know thats not always true.
I`d be curios to know if there are any Class III holders at all in California.

sandiegobound
12-11-2012, 9:31 PM
And $19 per gun, I have a ton of guns. I have guns that aren't even worth $19.

Capybara
12-11-2012, 9:31 PM
Uh, yeah, you are not going to dig the gun laws here. No MGs, no DDs, only C&R SBS and SBRs, AOWs permitted. Your Uzis will have to stay out of state. Arizona and California are diametric opposites when it comes to common sense and therefore, gun laws.

Capybara
12-11-2012, 9:33 PM
Is the class III really "unobtainable"? For years people told me, and I thought, ccw`s were "unobtainable" in California.... Many of us on this site know thats not always true.
I`d be curios to know if there are any Class III holders at all in California.

Become a movie armorer. Become an FFL07/SOT 2 with contracts with military/law enforcement. That's about it.

MattyB
12-11-2012, 9:33 PM
DONT

sandiegobound
12-11-2012, 9:34 PM
I would rather walk into battle with a Glock than one of those Uzi's anyday, but they look cool.

Stewdabaker23
12-11-2012, 9:43 PM
Buy yourself a safe and keep the Uzi 's in there.

MrKojack1
12-11-2012, 9:57 PM
Buy a safe and keep'em. Won't be the first, won't be the last.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Moonshine
12-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I assume from your nickname you're moving to San Diego? Warm beaches all year round... I could live with the gun laws here if I lived close to the beach in San Diego no problem! But I live in NorCal where winter really blows. I'm originally from the Midwest and I could swear winters here feel colder with the wind and rain then they did with the snow.

CaliforniaLiberal
12-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Buy yourself a safe and keep the Uzi 's in there.

Buy a safe and keep'em. Won't be the first, won't be the last.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I know you all would never openly recommend doing something illegal on a public internet forum. You would have in mind that these forums are often read by State and Federal Law Enforcement and Gun Regulating Bureaucrats. Not to mention the computer software capable of rapidly sifting through the entire CalGuns.net archive for certain words or phrases.

But to some who don't know you reading these posts it might sound like you were in fact suggesting breaking the law.

Mind your phraseology there lads.

sandiegobound
12-12-2012, 5:51 AM
I know you all would never openly recommend doing something illegal on a public internet forum. You would have in mind that these forums are often read by State and Federal Law Enforcement and Gun Regulating Bureaucrats. Not to mention the computer software capable of rapidly sifting through the entire CalGuns.net archive for certain words or phrases.

But to some who don't know you reading these posts it might sound like you were in fact suggesting breaking the law.

Mind your phraseology there lads.

If I get caught I will be sure to tell them that 2 random people on the internet told me to do it. That should absolve me of all sins.
But I welcome that advice, thanks guys.

LCU1670
12-12-2012, 6:16 AM
Welcome, my wife loves Uzi's, unfortunately her California one is a semi carbine. At least in state it saves me ammo money.

monorailboy
12-12-2012, 6:19 AM
Dont come if you have to.....taxes suck, gun laws suck.....

billmaykafer
12-12-2012, 6:20 AM
don't move here. best advice i can give.

morrcarr67
12-12-2012, 6:33 AM
And $19 per gun, I have a ton of guns. I have guns that aren't even worth $19.

Don't know if it will help or but that is just for handguns. No need to register any rifles or shotguns.

I have read that there are services like bank safe deposit boxes for firearms. I would look into them and see what they might cost.

If you have family or friends that you trust the other thing you could do is buy a safe AND leave it in AZ with your guns that you can't bring to CA.

sandiegobound
12-12-2012, 6:47 AM
Don't know if it will help or but that is just for handguns. No need to register any rifles or shotguns.

I have read that there are services like bank safe deposit boxes for firearms. I would look into them and see what they might cost.

If you have family or friends that you trust the other thing you could do is buy a safe AND leave it in AZ with your guns that you can't bring to CA.

Yeah I guess I would leave UZI's with my family here in AZ but I have to move. It's hot here and nice there.

wuluf
12-12-2012, 6:54 AM
Thanks for the quick info, although depressing. I am fairly liberal but I like my guns so this sucks.

Be interesting to see you're still "fairly liberal" after living some time here in Utopia....

sandiegobound
12-12-2012, 7:21 AM
Be interesting to see you're still "fairly liberal" after living some time here in Utopia....

I don't know about that but I do know this. I am so liberal, I almost voted for Obama.