PDA

View Full Version : Allowed to take guns to the range?

tombinghamthegreat
08-08-2007, 12:16 AM
I was looking though the california penal code it says that i can but there seems to be "hooks" like it is a crime to go within 1000 yards of a school with a gun (i have to pass schools to go to the range). I was wondering what is the safest and most legal way to transport guns to the range? Is ammo in the car an issue?

tgriffin
08-08-2007, 4:51 AM
:xeno: Ive been looking at alot of your posts. I would suggest using the forum search button. While the majority are good questions, they have (almost) ALL been discussed here (many times) before.

ghettoshecky
08-08-2007, 1:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Lopez, this shoudl answer you on Federal Laws, but I don't know about Califonia

Shane916
08-08-2007, 3:23 PM
I personally wouldn't worry about it. Theoretically for many of us it is inevitable considering we live next to schools.. criminals are we? I think not :)

In regards to the "safest" way to transport them, the trunk is the best with the ammo separate.

bwiese
08-08-2007, 3:44 PM
If your gun's locked (container) and unloaded you'll never have a problem.
A locked car trunk is a locked container.

shinigami
08-08-2007, 4:18 PM
My house is easily 150-200 yards from a school, and pass by it everytime I go to the range. I just make sure that the firearms (unloaded) are in the trunk (locked case, I know I don't have to) with ammo box in a locked case also.

Yes, I'm uber-cautious :sweatdrop:

ldivinag
08-08-2007, 5:51 PM
My house is easily 150-200 yards from a school, and pass by it everytime I go to the range. I just make sure that the firearms (unloaded) are in the trunk (locked case, I know I don't have to) with ammo box in a locked case also.

Yes, I'm uber-cautious :sweatdrop:

technically, it has to be school property. so dorms are out.

tombinghamthegreat
08-08-2007, 7:38 PM
Sorry for asking and i will search for these questions before starting another thread.

Travis
08-08-2007, 7:55 PM
Don't worry about asking questions. Forums would get pretty boring if all people did was search for past threads.

FinweElensar
08-08-2007, 8:22 PM
Don't worry about asking questions. Forums would get pretty boring if all people did was search for past threads.

Good luck with that with the CalGuns Search Police

lorenolson888
08-19-2007, 12:12 PM
There seems to be some vague law writing regarding Assault weapons...

This document says the following for assault weapons... It does not seem to infer that pree 2000 guns that were registered with CA as assault weapons were exempt... The word "transport" has me a bit concerned...

can I shoot my AR15 and G-3 rifle anymore...

It is a felony for any person to manufacture, distribute, transport, import into California, or keep or
offer for sale, or give or lend, an assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle. (Penal Code 12280.)

The document it is from is entitled

California Firearms Laws
California Department of Justice
Edmund G. Brown Jr.
Attorney General
http://www.ag.ca.gov/

I can e-mail it is anyone wants.

These law are BS... They are written to make criminals...

Outlaw Josey Wales
08-19-2007, 2:43 PM
These law are BS... They are written to make criminals...

Now you're cooking with fire. Real crime and criminals are of little concern to the authors of these laws. Lawful firearms ownership being legislated out of exsistance is the real intent.