PDA

View Full Version : Iggy tried to join Richmond R&G and got denied!

shooterx10
08-07-2007, 8:44 PM
I heard this from another Richmond Rod & Gun Club member, but Iggy tried to join Richmond R&G and he got DENIED. The first person EVER in Richmond Rod & Gun Club's history! :rolleyes:

Can someone please confirm? :confused:

What does he got to gain by trying to join that club? Go to the IPSC matches and bust the open division shooters for having permanently attached compensators on their threaded barrels? Search the rifle and pistol lines for OLL's? Ask shooters for their "papers" if they have an AK or AR type rifle?

Better spread this info to other gun clubs such as USI and Chabot.

heyjak
08-07-2007, 8:55 PM
I heard he tried to join Sacramento Trapshooting Club (Est. 1915) but Oops! It was closed and hauled away! A car dealer has successfully wined and dined the Sacramento "powers that be" and convinced them that a non-profit outfit that has been around since 1915 was not paying their fair share of taxes that Mel Rapton Honda would gladly contribute to the city's coffers. Sacramento's elected reps. sure know how to get THEIR money's worth!
The Mel Rapton group (as well as City of Sacramento) didn't even have the decency, let alone COMMON COURTESY to find some new land for the club to move to! :mad::mad::mad:

ghost
08-07-2007, 8:57 PM
if thats true,it would be too fricken hilarious:rofl:
seeing iggy apply and get denied=priceless

WokMaster1
08-07-2007, 9:53 PM
Ooh! that's sad if it was true. Knowing how vengeful this guy is, he might make it a Flavor of the Year & keep harassing members there for OLL or anything that he can think of.

Incidently is anyone here a member besides me? I saw a whole bunch of police vehicles coming out of there today. Not Richmond PD or CoCo Sheriff or State Park Rangers. Vehicles are Ford Vic & Explorer/Expedition type, white with blue markings. Regional Parks PD or Federal Parks PD??? Maybe just a training day.....:confused:

Franksremote
08-07-2007, 10:01 PM
The local PDs and SWAT from Richmond, Oakland, San Rafael, and a bunch of other departments practice there during the week. Pretty cool to watch actually, they climb the walls bewteen bays, practice with flashbangs and shoot a large assortment of stuff. Not uncommon during the week to share the action bays with 'em.

WokMaster1
08-07-2007, 10:09 PM
The local PDs and SWAT from Richmond, Oakland, San Rafael, and a bunch of other departments practice there during the week. Pretty cool to watch actually, they climb the walls bewteen bays, practice with flashbangs and shoot a large assortment of stuff. Not uncommon during the week to share the action bays with 'em.

Do they need a waterboy?:D I can help!!!!

shinigami
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I go to RR&GC, but If Iggy starts targeting the range, that would suck butt! :mad:

I'm not a member but if somebody wants to sponsor me please PM me! Thanks! :D I usually shoot either wednesday or friday.

oaklander
08-07-2007, 10:11 PM
They probably have a rule that members must be "of high moral character."

That would rule out Iggy, IMHO.

wilit
08-07-2007, 10:46 PM
There was a thread about this from a year ago or so.

EDIT: Found the post. It's the last one on the second page.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=47597&highlight=richmond+chin&page=2

WokMaster1
08-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I go to RR&GC, but If Iggy starts targeting the range, that would suck butt! :mad:

I'm not a member but if somebody wants to sponsor me please PM me! Thanks! :D I usually shoot either wednesday or friday.

Just go to the range office & tell them you want to join. The guys in there will sponsor you on the spot & you pay & voila! you're a member. The old guys in there are a lot of fun. $5 with target is also worth it.

guns_and_labs
08-08-2007, 6:56 AM
Just go to the range office & tell them you want to join. The guys in there will sponsor you on the spot & you pay & voila! you're a member. The old guys in there are a lot of fun. $5 with target is also worth it.

Oh, did they do away with the "interview night"?

I've been a member since forever, it seems. I know there are quite a few others on this board. Good club, mostly.

sargenv
08-08-2007, 7:00 AM
You still need to be sponsored and there is still an interview process.

On another note, the refusal for membership has been confirmed.. I emailed someone who would know.. It happened several years back.. It made a lot of people at RRGC pretty angry. This was before I was a member and um, before I knew who he was.

Wulf
08-08-2007, 7:41 AM
That's really weird. A lot of the stuff that Iggy does suggests that at heart he's a really a gunny type of guy, but just one with a badge; which would normally be a good thing to have running around at DOJ. But OTOH, his whole OTJ demeanor suggests he just doesnt get a lot of the core gunny philosophy, like "its not the gun, its the person behind it", a core belief that most gun bans are probably unconstitutional, and an understanding that people should draw the attention of law enforcement for the evil that they actually do, not where then find themselves WRT a law that doesn't deal with real issues of good and evil, and harm to our fellow men.

It almost seems like that to be Iggy you'd have to have a split personality or, an overarching ability (maybe disability is a better word) to see every law as just and proper and worthy of being followed and enforced to the full extent. Somebody needs to tell Iggy the "I was only following orders." excuse was struck down as a valid defense 60 years ago............and ALL 58 DA's GOT THE MEMO!

hoffmang
08-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Iggy has done some things in the past that I find commendable and were not the easy way out when presented with some real law enforcement. Sadly, I think Iggy has forgotten who the bad guys really are since and has been spending a lot of time trying to keep the law abiding guessing while ignoring the true criminals. Now Iggy has been breaking the law to try to enforce it...

-Gene

EricCartmann
08-08-2007, 11:01 AM
who is this ziggy fella exactly?

i have been going on here for over a year now and from reading the post, i assume he is probably head of the firearms division at the CA DOJ???

also i have noticed when people start to make fun of him a little, the mods stick up for him as they always delete the thread. why is this?

i also heard he owns a lot of "illegal" AR's :p

bwiese
08-08-2007, 11:01 AM
On another note, the refusal for membership has been confirmed.. I emailed someone who would know.. It happened several years back..

It made a lot of people at RRGC pretty angry. This was before I was a member and um, before I knew who he was.

Why would lack of acceptance for Iggy make any members angry?

The refusal likely goes beyond even 'gun politics': you never know when you're gonna be set up. Iggy throws charges around like spilled coffee (of course, he has a very low conviction rate).

Allowing someone like this to be a club member would be disastrous, since Iggy's frequent misinterpretations of the law (HK pistol grips? Robinson Arms M96? etc etc etc) cost legal shooters time, money and grief.

I know Iggy isn't welcome at cop shoots for a variety of reasons (including going around with a notebook looking at people's serial #s).

JesseXXX
08-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Why would lack of acceptance for Iggy make any members angry?

The refusal likely goes beyond even 'gun politics': you never know when you're gonna be set up. Iggy throws charges around like spilled coffee (of course, he has a very low conviction rate).

Allowing someone like this to be a club member would be disastrous, since Iggy's frequent misinterpretations of the law (HK pistol grips? Robinson Arms M96? etc etc etc) cost legal shooters time, money and grief.

I know Iggy isn't welcome at cop shoots for a variety of reasons (including going around with a notebook looking at people's serial #s).

Are you serious...? Thats sooo dumb....

6172crew
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Hes an old school cop and does this that way, I hear he was sent to Sac to take care of the asian gang problems we saw on TV during the Circuit City takeover in the 80's.

Its too bad he cant tell the difference between the good guys and bad guys. I doubt his walking around asking everyone if they would sell a gun without paper really works at the gun shows he attends. I know he hangs around Chabot alot but I havent seen him at any other ranges.

sargenv
08-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Why would lack of acceptance for Iggy make any members angry

Um, it wasn't a lack of acceptance, it was the fact that he was sponsored. THAT is what pissed people off..

boosterboy
08-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Maybe the Richmond R&G just didn't have a range filled with wooden furniture:p

fairfaxjim
08-08-2007, 12:52 PM
who is this ziggy fella exactly?

i have been going on here for over a year now and from reading the post, i assume he is probably head of the firearms division at the CA DOJ???

also i have noticed when people start to make fun of him a little, the mods stick up for him as they always delete the thread. why is this?

i also heard he owns a lot of "illegal" AR's :p

It's Iggy, not ziggy, but picture this - an asian Barney Fife - promoted to the top cop in the CA DOJ's Div. of Firearms (now BOF). Instead of Andy to keep him out of trouble, he's got bosses like Lockyear and AM to whip him into an anti-gun frenzy and send him out spread FUD. The rest is, how do you say, MEMO's and bogus busts!!

WokMaster1
08-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh, did they do away with the "interview night"?

I've been a member since forever, it seems. I know there are quite a few others on this board. Good club, mostly.

Two guys engaged me in a conversation, "What do you do? What kind of guns I'm into. Gun safety questions. Why I chose this range?, etc" It was really laid back & sure didn't feel like an interview now that I thought about it.

But you are right! It's a good club. I also heard some stories about the bar scene.:p

guns_and_labs
08-08-2007, 1:03 PM
Two guys engaged me in a conversation, "What do you do? What kind of guns I'm into. Gun safety questions. Why I chose this range?, etc" It was really laid back & sure didn't feel like an interview now that I thought about it.

But you are right! It's a good club. I also heard some stories about the bar scene.:p

That's why I put "interview night" in quotes. I spent the interview comparing recipes for handloads and drinking beer.

mecam
08-08-2007, 2:14 PM
Has he actually confiscated a CA legally configured AR OLL at any of the bay area ranges? What kind of questions does he ask when approached? Can I say "no se ingles".

hoffmang
08-08-2007, 2:31 PM
Iggy has not to my knowledge bothered any OLL owner directly - mostly FFLs.

-Gene

bwiese
08-08-2007, 4:25 PM
He has approached a number of folks taking legal delivery of OLLs at gunshows - as they are leaving the gun show, he asks them. "I need your name and address so that when these are banned we can send out notices." (This quote is inexact but it gives the general idea.)

WokMaster1
08-08-2007, 5:09 PM
He has approached a number of folks taking legal delivery of OLLs at gunshows - as they are leaving the gun show, he asks them. "I need your name and address so that when these are banned we can send out notices." (This quote is inexact but it gives the general idea.)

Wokmaster One
4949 Broadway
Sacramento, CA 95820

lawnrevenge
08-08-2007, 5:22 PM
Ignatius Chin (his real name) was an Oakland cop that had a part time job at Siegle's Guns in Oakland where he got the screwy idea that only law enforcement should own guns. Later, when he moved to CA DoJ, he began indulging himself.

"Hinky" as he likes to be called, is famous for "visiting" ranges of a Saturday afternoon, looking at what people have. He used to simply "confiscate" whateevr he said was illegal, but that got him in some trouble so now he gets names and addresses then arranges for a "visit" by DoJ usually late at night and heavily armed.

Here's a true story that illustrates what kind of reputation he's got: about a year ago, someone sponsored him for membership at Richmond Rod & Gun Club. When the Board of Directors got the application it took a little while before they realized who it was, and as one of the directors later told me "We couldn't afford to have a guy like that as a member." So, not only was Hinky's application rejected, but they also cancelled the membership of the idiot that sponsored him in the first place.

Hinky's a real piece of work.

Whoever sponsored him should still be ashamed of it years later.

M. Sage
08-08-2007, 5:44 PM
There was a thread about this from a year ago or so.

EDIT: Found the post. It's the last one on the second page.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=47597&highlight=richmond+chin&page=2

Did they seriously kick the sponsor out!? If so, that's just so much more :rofl:

They probably didn't want him in because of the :iggy:

megavolt121
08-08-2007, 5:51 PM

The part I still don't get is how the heck they got a government employee to work on a Saturday?!

Bishop
08-08-2007, 6:06 PM
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2089/iggychinnub5.jpg
Hai guise! What's going on in this thread?

sargenv
08-08-2007, 8:27 PM
Whoever sponsored him should still be ashamed of it years later.

Well let's just say that I've heard the name and he was a pretty good gunsmith, but I've never met the man.. AFAIK he no longer shoots at RRGC.

AggregatVier
08-08-2007, 10:45 PM
The part I still don't get is how the heck they got a government employee to work on a Saturday?!

Millions do every Saturday. They're called letter carriers. You know, the ones that made New Orleans safe and then FEMA tried to tell them to stay out. :)

Piper
08-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Iggy sounds like a class act. By the way Iggy, that was sarcasm. @#$%&*:censored:

mecam
08-08-2007, 11:05 PM
I know he's just doing his job but c'mon, you gotta know your limitation. I wonder if sometimes he takes into a personal level.

CalNRA
08-09-2007, 1:43 AM
I actually have no doubt that he is a good person in daily life. He takes his son shooting a bit(I have seen him at Chabot with a kid). He is well known in the Oakland area for his involvement with the kids and try to keep them out of the gangs.

The only problem is that he seems to have never read the United States Constitution or the Bill of Rights. He is the kind of cop that would do well in East Asian countries like Korea or Japan, where individual citizens have no rights and are subjected search without notice any time of the day. But we don't live in Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, or Vietnam. He doesn't seem to think so. He's just another "I mean well" cop that is very effective at scaring law-abiding gun owners.

Of course mentality like his is not exclusive to cops of Asian descent. I have been pretty critical of the anti-gun segment of the LE industry because as I have come in contact, I have noticed more and more cops, of all races, that think exactly like Iggy. I'm sure there are many, many pro-2nd cops out there, but those who are anti-2nd are the ones that help put people in prison for having a 11 round magazine bought in Jan 2nd, 2000. When anti-gun politicians make laws, no one goes to prison. When the LEOs decide they will enforce the laws to the letter, people go to prison.

The trouble is, when I look at a cop in my rear view mirror, I can't tell which side he/she is on. That's the most terrifying of them all. Will they arrest me for have a few magazines with rounds in them in the back of the car out of reach? Don't know. I expect the worst.

I probably pissed of a lot of cops here when I said once that I choose to not have cops as friends because there are many anti-gun cops out there.. A couple of Cops get defensive when I say that. But guess what? When you see on national television, CHP guys are ramming down old ladies who did nothing wrong, I get a little scared of cops, any cops, because I don't know which one of them will be the ones that will take orders to the letter when new laws get passed. Then you have guys like Iggy running around busting down doors, you can't be too careful these days.

E Pluribus Unum
08-09-2007, 1:54 AM

Zeal

chris
08-09-2007, 6:20 AM
Millions do every Saturday. They're called letter carriers. You know, the ones that made New Orleans safe and then FEMA tried to tell them to stay out. :)

they are also called Army Reservists and National Guard. not every weekend but we do work weekends.

i do like the fact that he was denied. :):)

carsonwales
08-09-2007, 7:37 PM
I think we have a gun show in San Jose this weekend and I know there is one at the Cow Palace.

What are the odds he will attend either?

If he was to ask me anything I would simply reply with questions.

Him: Why do you need so much ammo?

Me: Is it illegal?

Him: Are you purchasing that upper for an assault weapon?

Me: Whats an assault weapon?

etc etc

Fjold
08-09-2007, 7:44 PM
I think we have a gun show in San Jose this weekend and I know there is one at the Cow Palace.

Me: Does your uterous hurt?

Me: If you loosen your bra strap do you think that you can turn further on your backswing?

etc etc

Fixed it for you

Smokeybehr
08-10-2007, 9:47 AM

I'm a "government employee", and I work on Saturdays. My "weekend" is Sunday/Monday.

aklon
08-10-2007, 11:56 AM
I have been pretty critical of the anti-gun segment of the LE industry because as I have come in contact, I have noticed more and more cops, of all races, that think exactly like Iggy. I'm sure there are many, many pro-2nd cops out there, but those who are anti-2nd are the ones that help put people in prison for having a 11 round magazine bought in Jan 2nd, 2000. When anti-gun politicians make laws, no one goes to prison. When the LEOs decide they will enforce the laws to the letter, people go to prison.

The trouble is, when I look at a cop in my rear view mirror, I can't tell which side he/she is on.

This can all be traced to the militarization of the police. This leads them to think they're an occupying force dealing with a subject population instead of the truth, whcih is they are law enforcement officials dealing with citizens that have rights.

The Alameda Sheriff's Department calls about every four months with their hand out looking for more money for this and that cause, and I turn them down flat. They always want to know why I won't support the police, and I tell them it's because the police do not support me. Sheriff Plummer's decision to stand aside a few years back to let some anti-freedom laws hit the books all to make his deputy's jobs easier went down sideways, and I let 'em know I do not support any organization that supports the destruction of my civil rights.

Clodbuster
08-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Umm....it's called "Time and a half" + benefits. When you make $50/hour, and the boss asks if you want to get $75/hour and free entry into a gun show without having to join/re-join the NRA, you say "YES!"

Clod

Clodbuster
08-10-2007, 12:14 PM

Him: I'm DOJ, I don't know. Depends on any of the 58 DAs...

:iggy:

Clod

Me: Whats an assault weapon?

etc etc