PDA

View Full Version : Magpul AFG

uxo2
12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Question..

I just cant find it..

Can I have a Magpul AFG on a featurless rifle...

Angled Fore Grip...Not a Vertical grip..TIA

mdimeo
12-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Nobody knows for sure. I think so, but a lot of smart people say no.

It would probably be an easy case to win in court, but you'd actually have to go there to find out, which is another kind of losing.

stix213
12-10-2012, 12:30 PM
This seems to be asked twice a month, lots of threads on the topic, with lots of opinions. The fact is though you shouldn't do something questionable like that unless you've got the cash on hand to defend yourself in court if you're arrested on felony unregistered AW possession charges, and it is important enough to you to risk losing gun rights for life over it across all 50 states if your test case proves unsuccessful.

uxo2
12-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Just found that...

Switch to a different search engine...

Nothing solid...

Thank you

phrogg111
12-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Question..

I just cant find it..

Can I have a Magpul AFG on a featurless rifle...

Angled Fore Grip...Not a Vertical grip..TIA

Yes.

An angled foregrip is NOT a vertical grip.

AFGs on pistols are legal, too.

sd_shooter
12-11-2012, 4:42 AM
You'll get 10 people that say it's GTG and 10 more that say it's verboten. You can't really get a grip on it. (ha ha...)

:popcorn:

kaligaran
12-11-2012, 10:45 AM
There's a few ATF/DoJ letters floating around.
Since they can't put anything on the interwebs that isn't true, take it for what it's worth:

This letter, the guy was asking about the AFG on an AR pistol (which can't have a forward pistol grip):
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0qyloA48O3XZWFjYjMwYTMtYTg1MC00NzVhL WI3NmMtZDRiNTMzNzdhMzUx&hl=en

Here's a calguns thread too:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-381738.html

Fate
12-12-2012, 6:12 AM
Pistols and Featureless are bound by completely different rules. phrog111 is pretty bold stating its legal when there are many reasons to believe it's not. There is not a definitive answer yet as it has not been litigated. See the link in my signature for one of the better explanations as to why you should avoid it on a featureless build.