PDA

View Full Version : West of Barstow? West of 29 Palms? Shotguns ONLY.

Nahuatl
08-07-2007, 2:52 PM
There are almost NO legal areas to shoot a rifle at a target in LA County outside a rifle range. I was informed this week that the powers that be have declared the "No shooting" map in LA county "obsolete" and it is currently being revised. And as for San Bernardino County, here's a map that anyone headed north out of LA up the 15 should take a long, hard look at. When I read the thread about shooting near Victorville - uh, like - what were you thinking? LEO, F&G cruises 247 at both ends looking to confiscate your guns and count yourself lucky if you don't get a $5K fine to go with it.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/Coyotl/SBshootmap.jpg

ocabj
08-07-2007, 3:02 PM
Maybe 03yz250 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=11499) will see this thread and respond.

I sold him about 1000 rounds of ammo last Sunday. He came down to the IFG range after he and his friend were legally shooting on BLM land in Barstow. You can probably PM direct to see if he's willing to give up info on the shooting spots he knows of in SB County.

Timberwolf
08-07-2007, 3:03 PM
You gotta go into Kern county - LA has been like that for awhile

simonov
08-07-2007, 3:09 PM
Thank you for digging up that map. My Secret Spot appears to be just at the lower right corner of the map, arguably outside the shotgun only area, or at least at the extreme eastern edge.

Hmm.

Hkfanatic
08-07-2007, 3:47 PM
i've been shooting off of I-15 for 20 years weather it be hodge rd wild wash rd outlet center dr and i've never been hastled. i've had rangers talk to me twice, one time just to make sure we were "being safe" as he put it and the other there was reports of automatic weapons fire and he looked at my gear and left.

plain and simple dont bring anything stupid (IE: unreg'ed Assault weapons, illegal machine guns, hand grenades etc...) go more then 40 ft from the damn freeway and if you see a ranger coming, step away from your weapons and make sure they can see your hands, and im willing to bet you wont have a problem

StukaJr
08-07-2007, 5:45 PM
That the area is 20 dirtbikes per every shooter - especially the kind that have no common sense to ride through the camp or up and around the backstop...

Rumpled
08-07-2007, 11:36 PM
jpeglee had that map with some red "good" areas for rifles next to hodge and 247 just south of 58/40 near Barstow. Try and search for that.

A few times I've gone just East of Joshua Tree there in the white.

I'd like to see LA update there map, other than the fact it will all be closed.

Hkfanatic
08-08-2007, 6:17 AM
for years up until recently it was always an unwritten rule, if your traveling north bound on I-15 riders on the right shooters on the left, but ever since the "Glamis" crowd moved in they started riding on the left side of the freeway

bg
08-08-2007, 6:33 AM
First I've seen of this. I've been surviving down San Berdoo way for many
years. Where did you find this map at and do you have a link on the info ?

simonov
08-08-2007, 7:20 AM
A few times I've gone just East of Joshua Tree there in the white.

Coyote Lake?