PDA

View Full Version : Firearms SUPER SALE @LAX RANGE!

trojanwar2
08-07-2007, 7:57 AM
If anyone is interested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LAX Range FIREARMS SUPER SALE
LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE BEFORE WE LIQUIDATE ELSEWHERE!

We a have a limited supply of the following pistols at super blow out prices. Starting tomorrow we will be selling these firearms by other means but we want our customers to have first crack at getting a NEW or USED gun at a GREAT PRICE!!!!

Hurry in or call the range for any questions at 310-568-1515.

Beretta PX Storms 9mm or 40 at NEW $460..00
Beretta 92 fs or 96fs 9mm or 40 NEW $450.00 and up...
Beretta Used Vertec 9mm $300.00
Para Ord. Used 45 acp $525.00 awesome shape
Sig Sauer Pro 9mm $400.00 Used in Good condition
Sig 1911 GSR .45 $625.00 Used in Good Cond.
Sig P220 Used 45 acp $500.00
Sig P229 40 Used $475.00
S&W 626 357 Mag 6" $450.00 LIKE NEW!!!!!
Glock 26 9mm compact $375.00 USED
Glock 30 45 compact $400.00 USED
Desert Eagle 44 mag Blued USED $850.00 / $800.00 CASH SUPER DEAL
Bulldog 357 MAG Single action Army NEW NEW!! ONLY $200.00

We have a lot of Berettas in all different variances and we are blowing,and I mean blowing them out...HURRY HURRY in to take advantage of this great opportunity!

DROS'S ARE DONE AT ANOTHER LOCATION. UNLESS YOU ARE A POLICE OFFICER YOU WILL NEED TO DO THE DROS THERE. DROS FEE PAID TO TED JONES SPORTING GOODS IS $65.00.

PRICE OF FIREARM AND TAX WILL BE PAID TO THE LAX FIRING RANGE. YOU WILL BE GIVEN A RECEIPT AFTER PAYMENT AND AFTER THE FIREARM IS DROPPED OFF AT THE OTHER LOCATION WE WILL NOTIFY YOU TO MAKE AN APT AND DO THE PROPER REGISTRATION PAPERWORK.

Contact Information :
Dan or Nolan
phone: 310-568-1515

Nefarious
08-07-2007, 9:10 AM
DROS'S ARE DONE AT ANOTHER LOCATION. UNLESS YOU ARE A POLICE OFFICER YOU WILL NEED TO DO THE DROS THERE. DROS FEE PAID TO TED JONES SPORTING GOODS IS $65.00.

PRICE OF FIREARM AND TAX WILL BE PAID TO THE LAX FIRING RANGE. YOU WILL BE GIVEN A RECEIPT AFTER PAYMENT AND AFTER THE FIREARM IS DROPPED OFF AT THE OTHER LOCATION WE WILL NOTIFY YOU TO MAKE AN APT AND DO THE PROPER REGISTRATION PAPERWORK.

Buyer is forced to used Ted in this transaction?

odesskiy
08-17-2007, 11:05 AM
From the California Attorney General's website:

The State's DROS fee is $19.00 which covers the costs of the background checks and transfer registry. There is also a required $1.00 Firearms Safety Testing fee and a $5.00 Safety and Enforcement fee. If the transaction being processed is a dealer sale, consignment return, or return from pawn, the dealer may impose other charges as long as this amount is clearly shown as a "dealer fee" and not misrepresented as a state fee. In the event of a private party transfer, the firearms dealer may additionally charge a fee of $10 per firearm transferred.

This adds up to maximum fees of $35. How in God's name are they getting away with charging $65? By the way, it is illegal for them to misrepresent their fees by calling them part of DROS fees, which are $25, period!!!

GlockComa
08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
$65 for a dros!? Wow they are really smoking crack!

Yeah I'll stick to purchasing my firearms at Sharp Shooters in Torrance.

FreshTapCoke
08-17-2007, 12:39 PM
If that's the Desert Eagle I think it is from a few years back, they've had to send it in for servicing numerous times.

odesskiy
08-17-2007, 1:11 PM
You have to be out of your mind to buy range guns. They take far more abuse and neglect than any reasonable individual can subject them to.

ColdSteel
08-21-2007, 4:43 PM
Let them liquidate elsewhere!

tenpercentfirearms
08-21-2007, 7:35 PM
Relax. Obviously the "DROS" fee includes the other dealers transfer fee of $40. Man people get too fired up sometimes when they even think someone is charging more than they "can".

odesskiy
08-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Relax. Obviously the "DROS" fee includes the other dealers transfer fee of $40. Man people get too fired up sometimes when they even think someone is charging more than they "can".

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is clearly not an out-of-state transaction...aren't they down the street from each other? Wouldn't this basically be a PPT? And if it is, aren't they restricted by law to a maximum charge of $10?

Tweak338
08-21-2007, 11:57 PM
its a transfer.. not a PPT. A FFL is not considered a Private Party..

duenor
08-22-2007, 12:33 AM
it is a ppt unless lax range has an ffl. by the way, there are many ffls who charge more than the legal maximum. sandra at once a pawn a time charges $40, for instance.

i dont mean to whine, i'm just stating the way things are as opposed to what the law supposedly says.

tenpercentfirearms
08-22-2007, 5:40 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is clearly not an out-of-state transaction...aren't they down the street from each other? Wouldn't this basically be a PPT? And if it is, aren't they restricted by law to a maximum charge of $10?

Yes you are wrong. A PPT is between two individual CA citizens. It has nothing to do with a dealer to dealer transfer.

In your defense, these laws are a bit complicated and many people make this mistake. However, it is a bit annoying that everyone is always bringing up these dirty FFLs when the FFLs are not doing anything wrong.

Now charging $40 for a PPT, that don't sound right. However, I think you might be able to charge a storage fee or a fee for doing the HSC demonstration on handguns. There are all sorts of FFLs who do these little things. I think it is kind of petty myself and just keep it simple and $35. Why do I need to nickle and dime you on a fee when I can just treat you right and you will come back and buy whole guns, ammo, and accessories?

odesskiy
08-22-2007, 6:33 AM
That still doesn't quite make sense. If the original seller is a dealer themselves why wouldn't they just transfer the firearms directly to buyer, why go through yet another dealer passing on $40 to their customers?

As far as nickel-and-diming customers, I absolutely agree with you. There seem to be far too many people doing it these days. I hate this automechanic mentality of making more money once rather than having loyal customers that keep coming back for as long as they live. The way I look at it, I can either shop online to find the cheapest price, or I can go to someone local with decent prices plus great customer service skills and great knowledge. Since there are fewer and fewer of the latter to be found, more and more people simply try to get the cheapest possible price.

donger
08-22-2007, 6:49 AM
That still doesn't quite make sense. If the original seller is a dealer themselves why wouldn't they just transfer the firearms directly to buyer, why go through yet another dealer passing on $40 to their customers?

As far as nickel-and-diming customers, I absolutely agree with you. There seem to be far too many people doing it these days. I hate this automechanic mentality of making more money once rather than having loyal customers that keep coming back for as long as they live. The way I look at it, I can either shop online to find the cheapest price, or I can go to someone local with decent prices plus great customer service skills and great knowledge. Since there are fewer and fewer of the latter to be found, more and more people simply try to get the cheapest possible price.

LAX range is in the city of Inglewood which does not allow the sale of firearms to civilians. Therefore the range (which has an FFL) must transfer them to another FFL out of the city who thereafter processes the transaction.

odesskiy
08-22-2007, 9:41 AM
LAX range is in the city of Inglewood which does not allow the sale of firearms to civilians. Therefore the range (which has an FFL) must transfer them to another FFL out of the city who thereafter processes the transaction.

Finally a reply that makes sense! Thank you for clearing this up for me. Can't believe Inglewood prohibits firearms sales to civilians though!

ColdSteel
08-22-2007, 9:39 PM
Isn't that Illegal?

aplinker
08-23-2007, 1:25 AM

Yeah, exactly right. I talked to them about it for a while when I was looking at a NIB Beretta they had for $400. They can't sell to non-LEO. The guns aren't owned by an individual, but by the business, so they can't do PPTs. They set up the $40 transfer fee (apparently a reduced rate from the FFLs usual transfer fee). FFL handgun transfer fees often aren't cheap.

Isn't that Illegal?

The that you're referring to is...??

odesskiy
08-23-2007, 6:53 AM
[QUOTE=uclaplinker;722344]Yeah, exactly right. I talked to them about it for a while when I was looking at a NIB Beretta they had for $400. They can't sell to non-LEO. The guns aren't owned by an individual, but by the business, so they can't do PPTs. They set up the $40 transfer fee (apparently a reduced rate from the FFLs usual transfer fee). FFL handgun transfer fees often aren't cheap.

The transfer fee of $40 is not cheap at all. Outside of major cities dealers charge $15-20. In the city I would never go through a dealer that charges more than $40-50. If they charge more, the only motivation is greed.

yzernie
08-23-2007, 8:44 AM
Can't believe Inglewood prohibits firearms sales to civilians though!
Have you taken a drive through Inglewood lately?

odesskiy
08-23-2007, 9:23 AM
Have you taken a drive through Inglewood lately?

Actually, Inglewood has some very nice parts.

aplinker
08-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah, exactly right. I talked to them about it for a while when I was looking at a NIB Beretta they had for $400. They can't sell to non-LEO. The guns aren't owned by an individual, but by the business, so they can't do PPTs. They set up the $40 transfer fee (apparently a reduced rate from the FFLs usual transfer fee). FFL handgun transfer fees often aren't cheap.

The transfer fee of $40 is not cheap at all. Outside of major cities dealers charge $15-20. In the city I would never go through a dealer that charges more than $40-50. If they charge more, the only motivation is greed.

I never claimed it was cheap, just said I was told it was a reduced rate.

Have you bothered looking at the FFL fees section of the Rifleman's forum? Those are all longarm transfer costs. Handguns are frequently more.

Please provide the name of 3 FFLs who charge $20 or less for a handgun transfer. Otherwise I'll just keep giggling about your comment...

odesskiy
08-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I never claimed it was cheap, just said I was told it was a reduced rate.

Have you bothered looking at the FFL fees section of the Rifleman's forum? Those are all longarm transfer costs. Handguns are frequently more.

Please provide the name of 3 FFLs who charge $20 or less for a handgun transfer. Otherwise I'll just keep giggling about your comment...

Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean it's non-existent. Don't believe someone who wants to rip you off and makes it sound like they are doing you a favor.

Here you go:

Rafael Esqueda
GET A GUN
BAKERSFIELD, CA 93312
Hours: ANYTIME REASONABLE
Transfer fee: DROS+$5.00

Jim Maupin
J.D.M. Enterprises
663 W Avenue I
Lancaster, CA 93534-1922
phone: 661-270-1850
fax: 661-270-9151
Transfer fee: CA DROS fee + $10 Dealer transfer fee

GUNS4US
417 E, Ridgecrest Blvd.
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
phone: 760-375-1004

Transfer fee: $10 each gun + CA DROS fee

Should I continue? Are you still giggling?

aplinker
08-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean it's non-existent. Don't believe someone who wants to rip you off and makes it sound like they are doing you a favor.

Here you go:

Rafael Esqueda
GET A GUN
BAKERSFIELD, CA 93312
Hours: ANYTIME REASONABLE
Transfer fee: DROS+$5.00

Jim Maupin
J.D.M. Enterprises
663 W Avenue I
Lancaster, CA 93534-1922
phone: 661-270-1850
fax: 661-270-9151
Transfer fee: CA DROS fee + $10 Dealer transfer fee

GUNS4US
417 E, Ridgecrest Blvd.
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
phone: 760-375-1004

Transfer fee: $10 each gun + CA DROS fee

Should I continue? Are you still giggling?

HA HA. TFF. I didn't say I thought they were doing me a favor or it was a bargain. What part of, "I was told it was a reduced rate," is unclear? Does that mean I believed them?

No, it's not enough, keep them coming. Add them to the FFL dealer thread. This is useful info.

Are any of those for handguns?

EDIT: Guns4Us is $20/10...
Jim Maupin's phone is disconnected
Rafael is for real. $5 for anything (except OLLs). I wanna move to Bakersfield.

odesskiy
08-23-2007, 2:08 PM
HA HA. TFF. I didn't say I thought they were doing me a favor or it was a bargain. What part of, "I was told it was a reduced rate," is unclear? Does that mean I believed them?

No, it's not enough, keep them coming. Add them to the FFL dealer thread. This is useful info.

Are any of those for handguns?

EDIT: Guns4Us is $20/10...
Jim Maupin's phone is disconnected
Rafael is for real. $5 for anything (except OLLs). I wanna move to Bakersfield.

LOL...no need to fight about this. You're right about Bakersfield though. It just sucks that there are people out there that are willing to help us out yet driving twice to where they are would cost way more than just paying FFL's locally. I guess it's a give and take.

ColdSteel
08-23-2007, 7:41 PM
How is that legal for a municipality to prohibit sales of firearms to legal eligible citizens?

gn3hz3ku1*
08-23-2007, 7:47 PM
Actually, Inglewood has some very nice parts.

the whole place used to be nice..

odesskiy
08-23-2007, 9:49 PM
the whole place used to be nice..

Not so much anymore....

odesskiy
08-23-2007, 9:50 PM
How is that legal for a municipality to prohibit sales of firearms to legal eligible citizens?

They did it and nobody is challenging it. Gotta keep our fingers crossed on what happens with the DC case in SCOTUS.

randy
08-24-2007, 1:32 AM
The prices of the guns aren't bad for a ppt but when you add the extra $30.00 for the dros and sales tax that you wouldn't have to pay on a ppt the prices are a bit high for guns that are nothing special. Meaning you can get most if not all of them anywhere.