PDA

View Full Version : Ranges and Shops in OC

AfricanHunter
08-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey Guys,

I am moving to Irvine/Laguna Beach area at the end of the month from the Bay Area. I don't know of any good Gun Stores or Shooting Ranges in the area. Can you guys clue me in? Where do you go to shoot out of city limits (desert, etc....)? Which shops are good for what (ie: consignment, new, vintage, collectibles, prices, service, etc..)? Good Gunsmiths in the area? Do you guys have organized shoots? Basically anything shooting related.

Thx.

schmud0811
08-07-2007, 6:26 AM
best place to buy bullets for reloading is creedmore sports in oceanside, its a little drive for you. Depends on what kind of shooting limits your locations. Thier are 2 indoor ranges that i know of off hand one is on target(i never been thier) I belive its in laganua nigel the other is On target in oceanside i have been thier before. For rifles thier is the West end gun club but it is inland off of the 15. For fun shooting go to the desert or Romona has a shooting area.

jmlivingston
08-07-2007, 6:54 AM
Closest range is On Target (http://www.on-targetrange.com/) which is right off I5 and Avery in Laguna Niguel.

Gun Stores:
Saddleback Valley Guns off I-5 and Crown Valley, also in Laguna Niguel
Elite Firearms, also off I-5 and Crown Valley, in Laguna Niguel

Other gunstores can be found by going north to Orange (Ade's, Turners, Fowlers) or over to Newport (Grant Brothers).

John

The SoCal Gunner
08-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Not sure how up to date the info is though. I'm moving back to Irvine when the fall school quarter starts.

http://www.kuci.uci.edu/~dany/firearms/ocshooting.html

mdhpper
08-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Gun Stores:
John

Wow, I live down the street from there and I never even knew about them. I'll have to check them out.

Digighost112
08-10-2007, 12:33 AM
use google.

Rumpled
08-10-2007, 12:43 AM

John

I haven't heard of Elite, any reviews/comments?

jmlivingston
08-10-2007, 7:17 AM
They're a new shop, a fair amount of collectables including some beautiful Savage 99's which caught my eye when I was in there. Also some high-end european shotguns. Super-friendly owners, literally a mom-and-pop place. Not an EBR in sight, so I doubt that they are up to speed on OLL stuff.

John

theEpiphany
08-10-2007, 11:38 PM
If you go nowhere else...Ade's Gun Shop is FFL friendly to OLL. They're mentioned time and time again on here. I live in Fullerton and it's a nice romp down Tustin...While Fowler is much larger...Ade's is for the knowledgeable (or at least enlightened) firearm enthusiast.

The shop is pretty small but always a good time to stop by. I HIGHLY recommend him as he packs a ton into a small space. There's a chart on the wall for all of the firearms that are in the back that won't neatly fit in the display cases.

AfricanHunter
08-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks guys. Ades sounds like my kind of place.

Keep the info coming.

ocjared
08-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Another recommendation for Ade's. I have done a couple transfers through him. Really cool guy.

I also headed down to Elite yesterday. I didn't even realize they were there! Really nice people, clean place, a ton of cool things to look at. The prices are what you would expect from a gun store in CA (Glock 17 and Beretta 92FS priced at $600). There is signage indicating that prices are negotiable...

There is also a kitchen table gun store in Lake Forest, Western Supply. The owner's name is Trent. 949.669.6865
I have done a purchase and a transfer through him, nice guy. Reasonable prices.

psssniper
08-19-2007, 12:50 AM
Did a PPT at Elite and they are very nice people. Tried to use them to bring in a Beretta 686 Onyx that I won recently in a Georgia FNRA drawing. They told me I was lucky to pay $135 cause "most FFL's would charge me 20% of the guns value" :confused: Lucky for me I work up by Ades a lot ;)

Roo
08-19-2007, 12:54 AM
use google.

I despise people that reply like this. Your reply is worthless and a waste of time.

/rant

Sorry 1am and I am tired. I post on a lot of forums and people that do really piss me off.

proraptor
08-19-2007, 9:03 AM
One more vote for Ade's....He is one really nice guy

Colt
08-19-2007, 2:13 PM
+1 for Ade! Also for Saddleback Valley Gun - that place is worth a trip just to hang out.