PDA

View Full Version : AR500 Omega Armor Group Buy! Optional RHINO LINING for PROVEN Frag Protection!

TheTargetMan
12-04-2012, 5:02 PM
The ULTIMATE in fragmentation protection! We are now offering RHINO LINED plates! An INDUSTRY FIRST!! We extensively field tested our plates and our Rhino Lined plates have absorbed impacts from .308 (4 rounds) from 50 yards and Glock 27 .40 (9 rounds) from 10 yards without any frag escaping the carrier! Want to see the video??? Click on the link to order, scroll down, and the video is attached in the product description!!

We are going to open up this group buy for just 30 purchases! As of now, I am limiting the amount of purchases to just 2 sets (of your choosing/configuration) per person.

Here is the other thing.... It is going to take some time to get all the work and the coating done. So, even though you must pay now, I will say this product will ship in likely 6-7 weeks (hopefully sooner though). If you are not getting them coated, I can definitely get them out a little sooner, but don't expect it to be much sooner. We are moving a LOT of armor! I have to make sure I fill all orders....even the ones outside of the GB. What I can promise you is that you will be receiving a QUALITY item that will be well worth the wait...that I can guarantee you! I want the wait time to be clearly understood. I can give you my word I will do everything in my control to get these out as quickly as possible.

OK.... Here is the pricing structure you have been waiting for. This is a pretty significant discount compared to my advertised web prices. Hope you all take advantage. Once they are gone...they're gone!

ALL PRICES INCLUDE FREE SHIPPING!

To ensure I only sell 30 of these at this special pricing, I have actually raised the prices for each package combination by $50. However, I have created a coupon code that can only be used 30 times. To purchase at these prices, you must use coupon code CALGUNS-GB-ARMOR (all CAPS for it to work). After the product is added to your cart, you must go and check out. At the check out, that is when you will find a spot to enter the coupon code. After the coupon code is entered, you will see the $50 removed at the bottom as "order discount"

- (2) FORMED 10"x12" Plates: $104.99
- (1) Flat and (1) FORMED 10"x12" Plate: $89.99

- ADD 6"x6" FLAT SIDE PLATES: $19.99
- ADD 6"x6" FORMED SIDE PLATES: $26.99
- ADD 6"x8" FLAT SIDE PLATES: $29.99
- ADD 6"x8" FORMED SIDE PLATES: $36.99

- ADD RHINO LINER (no side plates): $40.99
- ADD RHINO LINER 6"x6" SIDE PLATES: $54.99
- ADD RHINO LINER 6"x8" SIDE PLATES: $58.99

I have set up 2 different links for ordering. They are all based on your primary front/back plate configuration. So, select one of the links below to choose the options you want to add.

(2) FORMED 10"x12" OMEGA PLATES - CLICK TO ORDER AND CHOOSE OPTIONS (http://thetargetman.com/?product=ar500-armor-formed-10x12-plate-set-calguns-group-buy)

(1) FLAT and (1) FORMED 10"x12" OMEGA PLATES - CLICK TO ORDER AND CHOOSE OPTIONS (http://thetargetman.com/?product=ar500-armor-1-formed-and-1-flat-10x12-plate-set-calguns-group-buy-2)

Feel free to reply with "IN" or whatever after you purchase. Thanks again for all the support guys! We greatly look forward to making this a huge success!

-TTM

xSoCALx
12-05-2012, 3:55 PM
Your coupon code isn't working? Have all the coupons been used, already?!?!

Sig247
12-05-2012, 4:30 PM
Want to know if the group buy is over/full? Code did not work for me. Wanted a formed set llined.

Sig247
12-05-2012, 4:42 PM
Damn. Just noticed you started this thread yesterday in this subform. I was looking for this group buy under commercial sales all day yesterday, but didn't see it here until now.

TheTargetMan
12-05-2012, 4:55 PM
There must be something wrong with the coupon code. Check it again in a few minutes.

Thanks,

TTM

TheTargetMan
12-05-2012, 4:57 PM
OK...Try again. I forgot to add the "S" on "CALGUNS" on my admin panel. FIXED!

Remember, you must use ALL CAPS for the code to work!!

Thanks!!

TTM

Sig247
12-05-2012, 6:01 PM
Sorry. Double post.

cortayack
12-06-2012, 2:38 PM
IN...............

misin4mati0n
12-06-2012, 3:28 PM
IN. Thanks! Saved me a ton of time.

veterosa
12-06-2012, 3:30 PM
Can you get in the rhino lining but had bought the plates from you before hand?

TheTargetMan
12-06-2012, 4:50 PM
Here's what I will do for the folks who bought plates before.....which is why I was hesitant to do this group buy. As a very small company (such as mine) grows, we continually come up with new products and innovations. My goal has always been to provide my customers with top-quality products at exceptional pricing...plain and simple. Well, since I have made improvements to our armor, I have had no doubt people would want to return their plates to get coated. I get it...as a consumer, I would want to do the same.

So, here's what I'll do. If you want to send me back the plates to have them Rhino'd, I will be glad to do it for the GB price. All you have to do is pay for shipping back to you. Once the GB is over, my Rhino'd products will go back to the normal price, which I have not yet disclosed.

So, if you bought armor and want to send it back for coating, shoot me a PM.

Thanks for all the orders folks!

TTM

tradecraft
12-06-2012, 5:48 PM
In for two sets. Thanks!

fireluvrandrew@gmail.com
12-07-2012, 12:30 AM
in for 1 set

Brewski
12-11-2012, 8:41 AM
In for a set. Thanks for the group buy TM

TheTargetMan
12-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks again for all the orders guys!!

TTM

Cg475
12-11-2012, 7:41 PM
What carrier do you guys recommend?

In for a rhinoed formed set with 6*8 plates! :cool2:

TheTargetMan
12-12-2012, 7:19 AM
What carrier do you guys recommend?

In for a rhinoed formed set with 6*8 plates! :cool2:

We have carriers coming soon. I'm hoping to get the prototype this week...or early next week. I will post pics when I can.

madoka
12-13-2012, 9:34 AM
Bought two sets.

Though I'm a bit puzzled by the whole, raise the price $50 and then give out $50 coupon. Why not just charge the normal price?

TheTargetMan
12-13-2012, 3:17 PM
Bought two sets.

Though I'm a bit puzzled by the whole, raise the price $50 and then give out $50 coupon. Why not just charge the normal price?

Because this is not going to be the "normal" price. This is the GB price, which is discounted. To ensure I only sell 30 of these at this price, I have created the coupon code that can only be used 30 times. Once the coupon code is used up (getting very close), this special pricing will no longer be available.

Thanks for the orders!!

readysetgo
12-14-2012, 4:18 PM
I'm in for a set!

Order sent, thanks for GB.

Wlee
12-16-2012, 9:51 PM
Damn, This popped up and I just had to grab a second set of plates from you :)

TheTargetMan
12-17-2012, 9:43 AM
I'm in for a set!

Order sent, thanks for GB.

Damn, This popped up and I just had to grab a second set of plates from you :)

Thanks for the orders guys. They really are pretty nice....not that I'm biased or anything :43:

reznunt
12-18-2012, 3:04 PM

MrColt
12-19-2012, 4:15 PM
awwww:(

madoka
12-20-2012, 9:36 AM
Here is the other thing.... It is going to take some time to get all the work and the coating done. So, even though you must pay now, I will say this product will ship in likely 6-7 weeks (hopefully sooner though).

So we can expect shipment probably early February? Sorry, I have to ask, but I'm leaving the country for several weeks starting late February or early March.

Also, any word on when we might expect carriers?

TheTargetMan
12-20-2012, 1:35 PM
So we can expect shipment probably early February? Sorry, I have to ask, but I'm leaving the country for several weeks starting late February or early March.

Also, any word on when we might expect carriers?

We are going to get them out sooner then that. I am hoping within 2-3 weeks.

Thanks again!!

TTM

TheTargetMan
12-20-2012, 1:41 PM
We have added an additional 30 coupon code uses for our AR500 Omega Armor! Thanks for all the orders. Due to overwhelming requests, the codes are active now! Order when ready!!

Thanks again!!

TTM

madoka
12-20-2012, 2:26 PM
Is it okay for me to order another two sets for my friends, even though I've already ordered 2?

MrColt
12-20-2012, 2:48 PM
woot! thanks:D

TheTargetMan
12-20-2012, 3:02 PM
Is it okay for me to order another two sets for my friends, even though I've already ordered 2?

No problem. I gave everyone ample time to get in on the first 30. Order as you please.

Thanks!!

TTM

fireluvrandrew@gmail.com
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM
What do you recommend to paint these things? I want to go buy a few rattle cans so I can have them ready to go. Also... for those of us that ordered the bare plates.. any update on eta? :D:hide:

TheTargetMan
12-31-2012, 6:23 AM
What do you recommend to paint these things? I want to go buy a few rattle cans so I can have them ready to go. Also... for those of us that ordered the bare plates.. any update on eta? :D:hide:

If you are just going to be painting them, any rattle can should do it. Remember though, with paint you get what you pay for. 1 can should suffice.

We are working hard to get the orders out as quickly as possible. Ever since CT, things have been super crazy. I hope to have all orders shipped out within 2 weeks. The plates going to Rhino will likely go there on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks!!

TTM

fireluvrandrew@gmail.com
12-31-2012, 6:17 PM
Thanks for the reply! I ordered it knowing the delay, so not complaining, but glad to hear everything is on track!

xSoCALx
01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
I just placed my 2nd order (3rd set). Thank you for offering us Cal Gun members an excellent product at an affordable rate. THANK YOU!

Bobbar
01-04-2013, 5:11 AM
The plates that are being rhino'd are those also orders from the 2nd round of gb...

TheTargetMan
01-04-2013, 3:04 PM
I just placed my 2nd order (3rd set). Thank you for offering us Cal Gun members an excellent product at an affordable rate. THANK YOU!

Thank you! We appreciate the business.

The plates that are being rhino'd are those also orders from the 2nd round of gb...

At this point it will be ALL the plates. I should have 400 plates (200 sets) going to Rhino Liner on Wednesday. One week after that and we're ready to ship. I'll keep you all posted. All orders should ship NLT January 16/17.

Thanks again guys!!

TTM

TheTargetMan
01-04-2013, 3:19 PM
We have made excellent progress. We have built a custom die to make the bend a "continuous" bend. We used the press these in 4 different locations. The bend radius is still exactly the same, so it will still fit perfectly in the BCS carrier. This is a pretty big advancement in our forming process.

Here is a batch then went to sandblasting the other day. This batch only had about 115. However, I'm happy to report all the plates are going to Rhino on Wednesday of next week. We will be dropping 400 plates (90% formed, 10% flat) and a TON of side plates. Rhino said to give them a week.

Below are progress pictures, and picture of the blasted plate (prepped for Rhino), and a picture of the new and improved "single bend radius).

Thoughts??

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0396-2.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0436.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0435.jpg

TheTargetMan
01-04-2013, 3:19 PM
We have made excellent progress. We have built a custom die to make the bend a "continuous" bend. We used to press these in 4 different locations. The bend radius is still exactly the same, so it will still fit perfectly in the BCS carrier. This is a pretty big advancement in our forming process.

Here is a batch then went to sandblasting the other day. This batch only had about 115. However, I'm happy to report all the plates are going to Rhino on Wednesday of next week. We will be dropping 400 plates (90% formed, 10% flat) and a TON of side plates. Rhino said to give them a week.

Below are progress pictures, and picture of the blasted plate (prepped for Rhino), and a picture of the new and improved "single bend radius".

Thoughts??

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0396-2.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0436.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0435.jpg

xSoCALx
01-05-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm loving the new cleaner bend! I just placed my 3rd order (4th set). How many sets do you have left?

xSoCALx
01-05-2013, 12:15 AM
I'm loving the new cleaner bend! I just placed my 3rd order (4th set). How many sets do you have left?

tradecraft
01-05-2013, 1:07 AM
Glad to hear orders are on schedule. Thanks for the update.

FoxTrot87
01-05-2013, 3:04 PM
wait wait wait....

So I get a front/back plates Flat or Formed and have the option of Flat/formed side plates 6x6 or 6x8?

I.E. I can get total coverage for $250? instead of a single 10x12 SAPI Plate.

TheTargetMan
01-05-2013, 3:45 PM

We have an indefinite number of plates left. We just ordered more then 10,000 lbs of material! With our new dies, we are getting caught up quickly! Thanks!!

Glad to hear orders are on schedule. Thanks for the update.

I said since day one it was our goal to keep everyone posted. If something pops up or if something changes, my customers will promptly be informed.

wait wait wait....

So I get a front/back plates Flat or Formed and have the option of Flat/formed side plates 6x6 or 6x8?

I.E. I can get total coverage for $250? instead of a single 10x12 SAPI Plate.

Correct! Our plates are the most competitive, and effective on the market. Our pricing strategy and out YouTube testing videos prove we have the BEST AR500 Omega Armor (and actual "Omega" armor) on the market!

FoxTrot87
01-05-2013, 7:32 PM
Oh man that is a killer deal. That would be a good selling point to put up in the commercial section. I'll be buying two sets shortly.

Eric B
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Never heard of this stuff until right now. Thank god for stumbling through calguns when bored. I needed a setup and I love this. I'll be ordering when I get back to work.

TheTargetMan
01-09-2013, 6:28 AM
Just to update you all, the plates are going to Rhino today. Stay tuned for pics and updates!!

TTM

TheTargetMan
01-09-2013, 5:03 PM
As promised, here are the production photos. The plates got blasted today and delivered to Rhino. Here's the pics just before blasting! 400 plates!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0457.jpg

Not only are our front plates now bent on a custom single radius die, our side plates are now also formed on a custom radius die. That's the beauty of having friends with a CNC mill to make custom tooling! We already formed up a bunch of side plate sets with the 2 bend radius, but I have decided not to send those out. Instead, I hand plasma'd a couple of holes in them and we'll use them for target practice. Here's a picture of our single radius side plates...

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0456.jpg

Bobbar
01-13-2013, 6:50 PM
If you sell the 2 bend radius pieces id take some for target practice too! :-)

TheTargetMan
01-14-2013, 7:05 AM
If you sell the 2 bend radius pieces id take some for target practice too! :-)

They're already gone as of this weekend. We hand plasma'd some holes in them and they are already all being used. We had about 40 of these plates.:eek:

TheTargetMan
01-14-2013, 2:33 PM
Depending on when you purchased, we are starting to ship out both the raw and coated plates this week. Keep your eyes open for an "order completed" email.

Thanks!!

TTM

daphonz
01-14-2013, 10:22 PM
I should have seen this sooner as I think my buddy was looking to get plates. What a killer deal. I'll point him in this direction if he's still looking for some.

emac08
01-18-2013, 9:21 PM
Any luck on renewing a few extra codes for those of us who missed out =-) especially if we buy the plate carrier from you as well.

TheTargetMan
01-19-2013, 4:54 AM
Any luck on renewing a few extra codes for those of us who missed out =-) especially if we buy the plate carrier from you as well.

I have had tons of people requesting new codes. I just added 20 more code uses.

For everyone who has purchased as of now, expect a shipping confirmation within the next couple of days. The coated plates should be finished up on Tuesday. It will take a few days to actually pack and ship all of them, but everyones order on the GB WILL ship next week.

Thanks again!!

TTM

Lamchop0000
01-21-2013, 7:19 PM
just ordered.

TheTargetMan
01-22-2013, 3:16 PM
We're shipping orders all week!

Took some more photos at Rhino when I went to go pick them up today. Here's how they are sprayed...

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0479.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0480.jpg

Here's a few plates waiting to get wrapped in foam paper!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0481.jpg

Palletized and ready to ship! We will be shipping all week!
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Targets/IMAG0482.jpg

madoka
01-25-2013, 10:54 AM
I got ship notification on my order. According to USPS, it should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it fits in my PIG Carrier.

TheTargetMan
01-25-2013, 11:24 AM
I got ship notification on my order. According to USPS, it should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it fits in my PIG Carrier.

They should start trickling in starting today!

yukoncornelius
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
I have had tons of people requesting new codes. I just added 20 more code uses.

For everyone who has purchased as of now, expect a shipping confirmation within the next couple of days. The coated plates should be finished up on Tuesday. It will take a few days to actually pack and ship all of them, but everyones order on the GB WILL ship next week.

Thanks again!!

TTM

Argh just saw this! Can we still order? I just checked and the code didn't work :(

TheTargetMan
01-25-2013, 2:08 PM
CALGUNS-GB-ARMOR still works. 9 coupon uses left!!

Thanks!!!

TTM

fireluvrandrew@gmail.com
01-26-2013, 8:46 AM
I received my shipping notification 1 week ago, but it shows it still hasn't been shipped. I ordered just a set of raw plates. Would you mind looking into it and pm'ing me? order # 1614. Thanks. Im not trying to be a bother, just got excited when I saw the shipping email, but I have been checking it every day since then and not shipping activity :(

madoka
01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I received my shipping notification 1 week ago, but it shows it still hasn't been shipped. I ordered just a set of raw plates. Would you mind looking into it and pm'ing me? order # 1614. Thanks. Im not trying to be a bother, just got excited when I saw the shipping email, but I have been checking it every day since then and not shipping activity :(

The same thing happened to me. Just sit tight for another email saying that they have been shipped. I believe they are shipping out in the order they received the orders.

TheTargetMan
01-26-2013, 1:58 PM
The same thing happened to me. Just sit tight for another email saying that they have been shipped. I believe they are shipping out in the order they received the orders.

Check your tracking now. We just made a large drop at the Post Office.

They're coming!!!

But yes, we were shipping chronologically by date orders were placed.

Thanks,

TTM

madoka
01-26-2013, 5:38 PM
Can't wait to see how it fits in my PIG Carrier.

Received mine today. Wow. They are super nice and for the record, they fit perfectly in the PIG carrier. No movement at all.

BTW, are the side plates shipping separately at another time?

TheTargetMan
01-27-2013, 7:46 AM
If you ordered 1 set of front, back, and side plates, they are in there. If you ordered 2 sets, the side plates had to ship seperately as we ran out of room in the box.

Brewski
01-30-2013, 7:04 AM
Received my plates on Monday. They look great and fit my carrier perfect. Good product. I will be ordering again when budget allows.

TheTargetMan
01-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Received my plates on Monday. They look great and fit my carrier perfect. Good product. I will be ordering again when budget allows.

Thanks for the kind words....that's what we like to hear!!

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you out at all.

TTM

xSoCALx
01-30-2013, 6:22 PM
Hey Target Man,

Just wondering where your team is in regards to orders being shipped out. I have two orders coming my way, 1817 & 1833. Are you guys near these order numbers in regards to shipping?

Thanks,
JB

TheTargetMan
01-31-2013, 9:51 AM
Hey Target Man,

Just wondering where your team is in regards to orders being shipped out. I have two orders coming my way, 1817 & 1833. Are you guys near these order numbers in regards to shipping?

Thanks,
JB

JB,

Though I have not just looked up your specific order numbers, we are shipping out tons of items this Saturday and all next week. Hang tight....should be coming your way here real soon.

Call us if you have questions. 520-789-0875

Jeremy

Lamchop0000
02-04-2013, 1:03 PM
aww man my order is in the 2000's :toetap05:

misin4mati0n
02-04-2013, 9:44 PM
Mine came in today. Quality is topnotch and fitment in my carrier is perfect. Thanks!

Apex360
02-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Just got home from work and an unexpected box was waiting on the table. It was my set of plates with rhino liner. Received them in 2wk's instead of the 3wk's I was originally told when I purchased them. This guy makes a great product and has even better service. They look great, and fit into my carrier perfect! Very pleased.

Thanks,
-Anthony

readysetgo
02-05-2013, 9:13 AM
Just got home from work and an unexpected box was waiting on the table. It was my set of plates with rhino liner. Received them in 2wk's instead of the 3wk's I was originally told when I purchased them. This guy makes a great product and has even better service. They look great, and fit into my carrier perfect! Very pleased.

Thanks,
-Anthony

apex360, what was your order #? 2 weeks huh? Just curious because I'm close to 8 weeks in (granted these weren't even being produced when we first ordered).

Targetman, you shipping out of order? Wouldn't be outraged if you are, but maybe look into it. Thank you.

TheTargetMan
02-05-2013, 10:37 AM
apex360, what was your order #? 2 weeks huh? Just curious because I'm close to 8 weeks in (granted these weren't even being produced when we first ordered).

Targetman, you shipping out of order? Wouldn't be outraged if you are, but maybe look into it. Thank you.

Here is what happened with the orders.... First, we were shipping chronologically by date the order was placed. However, we had the change things around a bit based on what plates we received back from Rhino.

All remaining orders are shipping tomorror or Thrs. Sorry about the shuffling, but just did not make sense to make others wait if we had to wait to ship out your order based on availability of coated parts.

TTM

readysetgo
02-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Here is what happened with the orders.... First, we were shipping chronologically by date the order was placed. However, we had the change things around a bit based on what plates we received back from Rhino.

All remaining orders are shipping tomorror or Thrs. Sorry about the shuffling, but just did not make sense to make others wait if we had to wait to ship out your order based on availability of coated parts.

TTM

Understood, just curious. Thank you for the reply.

TheTargetMan
02-09-2013, 9:29 AM
All orders have been shipped except for the people who bought later on in the GB after I added additional coupon codes. Those are still about 2 weeks out.

Thanks guys!!

TTM

Flopper
02-11-2013, 9:37 AM
Got mine, they look awesome!

darkgrue
02-13-2013, 7:22 PM
Got mine yesterday, but only got around to unboxing them today. Plates look great! Now just have to wait for my @#*($#(@! backordered carrier...

TheTargetMan
02-19-2013, 8:00 AM
darkgrue - Thanks for the kind words!!

We have received tons of PMs, emails, posts, etc. with customers wanting to get in on the GB who missed out. We are releasing 40 more coupon codes usages (code posted in first post of this thread). Remember, it can take 6-7 weeks for your armor to ship, but we should have them out sooner then that.

Thanks again!! Codes are ready for use immediately.

TTM

MrN
02-23-2013, 4:19 PM
I tried adding the (2) FORMED 10"x12" Plates: $104.99 with the option ADD RHINO LINER 6"x8" SIDE PLATES: $58.99 but the total came out to be 250.97. Even after coupon it was 200.97 not 163.98. Did I do something wrong?

TheTargetMan
02-25-2013, 6:59 AM
I tried adding the (2) FORMED 10"x12" Plates: $104.99 with the option ADD RHINO LINER 6"x8" SIDE PLATES: $58.99 but the total came out to be 250.97. Even after coupon it was 200.97 not 163.98. Did I do something wrong?

Hmmm.... something obviously went wrong somewhere. Can you please PM me the link you were trying to order from?

Thanks!!

Lamchop0000
02-25-2013, 3:11 PM
received mine today. thanks! :chris:

crunchy53
03-12-2013, 3:00 PM
^ what order number are you?

TheTargetMan
03-13-2013, 3:32 PM
Please remember to give us feedback! We'll immediately do the same for you!!

TTM

DarkKro
03-18-2013, 4:49 AM
Order: #3066

DarkKro
03-18-2013, 3:18 PM
seems i made the wrong purchase.............. can i get both formed plates?

inbox485
03-25-2013, 10:48 AM

Did this ever get resolved? I'm seeing the same thing still.

Target19
04-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Did this ever get resolved? I'm seeing the same thing still.

Here is the math for you guys.
(2) FORMED 10"x12" Plates: $154.99
ADD 6"x8" FORMED SIDE PLATES: $36.99
ADD RHINO LINER 6"x8" SIDE PLATES: $58.99
Total $250.97-$50 CALGUNS-GB-ARMOR =$200.97

TheTargetMan
04-15-2013, 7:40 AM

That's it! Thanks!!!

TTM

inbox485
04-15-2013, 9:33 AM

That's the way I added it up also, but the way the deal was worded, I wasn't sure if the ADD 6"x8" FORMED SIDE PLATES: $36.99 and ADD RHINO LINER 6"x8" SIDE PLATES: $58.99 were redundant. If you look at the current standard pricing, the same package comes out to about $220. Given the $50 discount meant to offset standard pricing I thought the $36 might have been added in by accident. Either way it is a decent deal (about 10% off standard prices).

3lsmc7
04-16-2013, 8:54 PM
Tagged for future updates.

Any chance you are getting close to order: 32xx? Lol. :)

DarkKro
04-17-2013, 1:31 PM
Tagged for future updates.

Any chance you are getting close to order: 32xx? Lol. :)

probably not I'm 30XX and I haven't received any email on shipping

inbox485
04-17-2013, 1:52 PM
probably not I'm 30XX and I haven't received any email on shipping

31XX. Nothing yet either. Based on the delay listed on the site, they have till 5/6 before I'd start nagging.

3lsmc7
04-17-2013, 2:29 PM
One can hope. ::o:

TheTargetMan
04-17-2013, 9:08 PM
We are going to get a LOT of armor out this upcoming week. Most orders will be out by next Friday!

Thanks again!!

TTM

3lsmc7
04-17-2013, 9:32 PM
Sweet!! Appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing!

Hopefully I'll be in that group but if not, I'll be that much closer.

Thanks for the update!:)

DarkKro
04-18-2013, 9:18 PM
Could you give us a ball park of which order numbers may receive theirs.

inbox485
04-19-2013, 8:43 AM
Could you give us a ball park of which order numbers may receive theirs.

Dude. Take your order date. Add four (4) or seven (7) weeks depending on what you ordered. That is your ballpark. That is what they committed to on the site.

********IMPORTANT********

We are experiencing very high demands for our AR500 Omega Armor. We take pride in producing quality products. Please note raw steel Omega Armor can take up to 4 weeks to process/ship. Additionally, coated armor can take up to 7 weeks to ship! We will try to get your order out as soon as possible, but would like to inform our customers in advance so they know there will likely be a short delay.

Once we are caught up in the manufacturing process, we will remove this message and you can expect immediate (1-2 business day) order fulfillment.

Thanks for putting your trust in The Target Man, LLC

philobeddoe
04-20-2013, 12:13 AM

order 3215, mine came out to

AR500 Armor FORMED 10″x12″ Plate Set
ADD SIDE PLATES: ADD RHINO LINING (w/6"x6" SIDE PLATES) 1 $234.99

:shrug:

3lsmc7
04-20-2013, 6:41 AM
order 3215, mine came out to

AR500 Armor FORMED 10″x12″ Plate Set
ADD SIDE PLATES: ADD RHINO LINING (w/6"x6" SIDE PLATES) 1 $234.99

:shrug:

That's weird. Did you use the GB code?
Your break down should be:
Formed 10x12 = $154.99
Add FLAT Side 6x6 = $19.99 (I'm assuming flat since you didn't mention formed)
Add Rhino 6x6 Side Plates = $54.99
GB Code -$50, so grand total $229.97 - $50 = $179.97

Even without the GB code I ended up with a pricing that was cheaper than you for the configuration you chose. Remember side plate price is additional to rhino lining. The wording is weird but the option "add rhino lining (w/6x6 plates)" only means you want rhino lining for the plates. Pricing for the side plates themselves are additional. Does that make sense? :wacko:

I would definitely hit him up for a price adjustment or to see what's up.

philobeddoe
04-20-2013, 6:37 PM
Formed 10x12 = $154.99

Even without the GB code I ended up with a pricing that was cheaper than you for the configuration you chose. Remember side plate price is additional to rhino lining. The wording is weird but the option "add rhino lining (w/6x6 plates)" only means you want rhino lining for the plates. Pricing for the side plates themselves are additional. Does that make sense? :wacko:

ok, thanks

TheTargetMan
04-22-2013, 7:43 AM
Formed 10x12 = $154.99

Yes, it was hard to get the wording correct. "Add Rhino Lining (w/6x6 plates)" means your adding the 6x6 side plates AND Rhino Lining to all the plates. So, this includes the sides. Make sense?

philobeddoe
04-22-2013, 7:52 AM
Yes, it was hard to get the wording correct. "Add Rhino Lining (w/6x6 plates)" means your adding the 6x6 side plates AND Rhino Lining to all the plates. So, this includes the sides. Make sense?

yeah, makes sense
I was going to ask you about that

jmaglipay
04-28-2013, 10:14 PM
anyone updates on which orders were shipped?

TheTargetMan
04-29-2013, 9:33 AM
anyone updates on which orders were shipped?

We ship chronologically depending on order date. Once your order ships, you'll receive an email from us saying your order went from "processing" to "complete". On top of that, the email will contain tracking information.

Thanks,

TTM

inbox485
04-29-2013, 1:31 PM
We ship chronologically depending on order date. Once your order ships, you'll receive an email from us saying your order went from "processing" to "complete". On top of that, the email will contain tracking information.

Thanks,

TTM

I think he's asking for the approximate number you are at. I have to admit, some sort of widget on the site showing the current order number being filled (or approximate) would be really cool. Something like the "take a number" displays. Maybe even show what the next newest order number will be. No idea if that is feasible, but it could be the next big thing in online stores that tend to have lead times.

EG:

Take a Number: 3251
Now Serving: 2975

jmaglipay
04-29-2013, 8:57 PM
I think he's asking for the approximate number you are at. I have to admit, some sort of widget on the site showing the current order number being filled (or approximate) would be really cool. Something like the "take a number" displays. Maybe even show what the next newest order number will be. No idea if that is feasible, but it could be the next big thing in online stores that tend to have lead times.

EG:

yes that is what i am asking. my order number is 30XX.
placed my order back in march.

thanks

DarkKro
04-30-2013, 1:44 AM

EG:

Dude chill. Take your order date. Add four (4) or seven (7) weeks depending on what you ordered. That is your ballpark. That is what they committed to on the site.

until then, just wait. :facepalm:

We are experiencing very high demands for our AR500 Omega Armor. We take pride in producing quality products. Please note raw steel Omega Armor can take up to 4 weeks to process/ship. Additionally, coated armor can take up to 7 weeks to ship! We will try to get your order out as soon as possible, but would like to inform our customers in advance so they know there will likely be a short delay.

Once we are caught up in the manufacturing process, we will remove this message and you can expect immediate (1-2 business day) order fulfillment.

inbox485
04-30-2013, 5:18 AM
Dude chill. Take your order date. Add four (4) or seven (7) weeks depending on what you ordered. That is your ballpark. That is what they committed to on the site.

until then, just wait. :facepalm:

I think you quoted the wrong guy, but anyway yeah, I'd love to see sites like this adopt a virtual take a number system, but this is pretty normal for any of the pseudo custom shops for gun gear. Most holster companies are out in the 6+ month range. If you want armor yesterday, there are off the shelf options that cost a heck of a lot more, and might not really be what you want. Take the lead time they give you, add it to your order date. Mark your calendar, then sit tight till then. If that date rolls around and you still hear nothing, then ask for an update.

TheTargetMan
04-30-2013, 6:41 PM
We have a new company for our armor which is coming real soon. Along with that, we have a new website in the works also, which is unbelievably awesome! Can't wait for you to all see it. Should be ready in a couple of weeks. We've been going back and forth with the developer.

That is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if/how we can incorporate that. I have a meeting with the web people on Friday and will certainly ask.

Thanks!

TTM

jmaglipay
05-13-2013, 8:38 PM
Anyone received their orders from the latest shipment?

inbox485
05-14-2013, 7:42 AM
Anyone received their orders from the latest shipment?

Not yet. I'm at 7 weeks.

3lsmc7
05-14-2013, 11:38 AM
I am 5 weeks in as of this week. I was just at Jeremy's site, he is stating due to issues with outsourcing; ESTIMATED lead times have gone up to roughly 8-9 weeks. :(

A little longer wait but I have already waited over month, so a little longer shouldn't be that bad. :)

inbox485
05-14-2013, 11:44 AM
I am 5 weeks in as of this week. I was just at Jeremy's site, he is stating due to issues with outsourcing; ESTIMATED lead times have gone up to roughly 8-9 weeks. :(

A little longer wait but I have already waited over month, so a little longer shouldn't be that bad. :)

Interesting. I was feeling optimistic since for a little bit the 7 weeks splash notice was down so I thought they had gotten caught up. Oh well.

I'll wait, so this is just a point of curiosity/interest on my part, but what is the current ETA for 7 week old orders? Is it TWO WEEKS (TM)? J/K ;)

3lsmc7
05-14-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm not to sure, but I'll bet it applies to new and old orders as well.

Yeah, I was optimistic about the splash notice going down as well but then I noticed the link to the blog. Oh well. :shrug:

TheTargetMan
05-14-2013, 12:58 PM
We did an update to our theme, and now we cannot get the pop-up to come up anymore. I will have to try to edit the code. Our new site is being developed and will be ready in about 2 weeks or so and the pop-up should be working again. Meanwhile, we just posted in the "announcements" section the lead times.

Lead times have slightly increased. As of now, we have 770 orders on backorder and I can assure you we're working literally around the clock to get orders out as quickly as we can. We should be pumping out about 150 orders next week.

I will update this thread in a few days and let you know where we stand. I apologize about the delay, but it has been crazy busy, and steel supply has been a little bit of an issue, but we're working through that now.

Thanks,

TTM

TheTargetMan
05-14-2013, 1:02 PM
By the way, what do you guys think of the new coating design?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/SPARTANARMORPREVIEW_zps99c067b5.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/jeremy_and_natasha/media/SPARTANARMORPREVIEW_zps99c067b5.jpg.html)

inbox485
05-14-2013, 1:17 PM
We did an update to our theme, and now we cannot get the pop-up to come up anymore. I will have to try to edit the code. Our new site is being developed and will be ready in about 2 weeks or so and the pop-up should be working again. Meanwhile, we just posted in the "announcements" section the lead times.

Lead times have slightly increased. As of now, we have 770 orders on backorder and I can assure you we're working literally around the clock to get orders out as quickly as we can. We should be pumping out about 150 orders next week.

I will update this thread in a few days and let you know where we stand. I apologize about the delay, but it has been crazy busy, and steel supply has been a little bit of an issue, but we're working through that now.

Thanks,

TTM

No worries. That is a metric butt load, and you seem to be handling it fine. I'll bug you again in a couple weeks unless I hear something sooner.

3lsmc7
05-14-2013, 1:23 PM

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/SPARTANARMORPREVIEW_zps99c067b5.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/jeremy_and_natasha/media/SPARTANARMORPREVIEW_zps99c067b5.jpg.html)

I'm liking it... I'm assuming most of us will be getting this new design since we are still in the backorder? :)

Very nice and thanks for the update!!

TheTargetMan
05-14-2013, 6:42 PM
Yes, all orders will now have the Spartan embedded on the front.

Thanks,

TTM

DarkKro
05-19-2013, 8:22 PM
Yes, all orders will now have the Spartan embedded on the front.

Thanks,

TTM
looks awesome!:thumbsup:

ReadySteadySmash
05-24-2013, 6:26 PM

I really like the new coating design. I am very happy with the quality of the product and worth the wait.

Order #29xx
Order placed 2013-Mar-10
Order shipped 2013-May-14
Order delivered 2013-May-24
Qty 2 AR500 Armor FORMED 10″x12″ Plate Set with ADD RHINO LINING

http://readysteadysmash.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/20130524-183953.jpg?w=768 (http://readysteadysmash.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=55)

TheTargetMan
05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
We have always showed pictures of our .308 testing on our plates. When the .308 hits the plate, it often leaves a little backface deformation (as seen in our videos). The back face deformation shows that the armor itself is absorbing a good amount of the bullets impact. Fragmentation from the .308 is generally larger chunks compared to the .223 because of this. During testing over the last several months, .223 would rarely, but on occasion, blow off a "penny size" chunk of the coating. Granted, all the frag was stuck to the chunk that blew off, but nonetheless, it blew off on occasion. We yet again made another improvement and changed up our primer. If this makes any sense, we went to a "weaker" primer. The theory behind this is that it would allow the coating to seperate from the plate instead of occasionally "blowing off" the plate when the frag gets nasty. In this case, though the .223 is a "weaker" round compared to the .308, so it does tend to produce more frag (in much smaller pieces as well) since the plate itself is not absorbing the majority of the impact. Make sense?

Anywho, we went out early this morning and did some more testing. Check out the pics! 100% fragmentation contained!

The bigger bulges show the .40 FMJ we fired from just 7 feet! Again, 100% contained!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/Fullplate_zps1b649420.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/jeremy_and_natasha/media/Fullplate_zps1b649420.jpg.html)
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/15diameterspacking_zps2ad4fdc7.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/jeremy_and_natasha/media/15diameterspacking_zps2ad4fdc7.jpg.html)
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/jeremy_and_natasha/peeledcoating_zpsc956ced8.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/jeremy_and_natasha/media/peeledcoating_zpsc956ced8.jpg.html)

3lsmc7
06-06-2013, 5:59 AM
Just got my tracking number. :)

Will post pics when I get them!

Order Number: 32xx Ordered on 04/08/2013

Thank you Jeremy!

inbox485
06-06-2013, 7:12 AM
Ordered 03/25/13 #3143
Tracking number sent 6/2/13
USPS received package 6/5/13
Expected delivery 6/7/13

TheTargetMan
06-06-2013, 8:07 AM
All printed labels will ship out by Tuesday. We printed about 200 labels yesterday and we are shipping rapidly.

Thanks for all the orders guys!

Jeremy

jmaglipay
06-21-2013, 4:29 PM
i just wanted to update everyone about my order. i did receive it last end of last month. you cant get any other plates for this price. took about 8 weeks just like they advertise on their website. Would buy again in the future.