PDA

View Full Version : Obama gun ban FUD

Moonshine
12-04-2012, 2:18 PM
What is the deal with the constant bombardment of forums and other gun news sources with various "lists" and paranoia? It seems all you need to do is say "Obama" and "gun" in the same sentence and it gets posted everywhere and the panic buying begins. This is very irritating for folks like myself who are just looking to buy 1 upper or a single AK parts kit for their next project and the guy in line in front of us is spending his life savings DROSing every log gun in sight.

Curley Red
12-04-2012, 2:25 PM
That is just the way it is. Too many people are convinced that any democrat that gets in office is out to get their guns. They ignore the republicans that have taken away our rights and concentrate on the democrats. Plus the hatred that so many have for Obama just gives them another reason to run around yelling that he is going to take away our guns.

Yes he has stated in the past that he is against guns, be has done nothing in the last 4 years to back that up. But of course as others will tell you, he was just waiting to get re-elected, because he was so sure he would get re-elected with his great record.

Nothing but a bunch of chicken little's posting the same old stuff over and over and not understanding how things really work in the government.

mossy
12-04-2012, 2:29 PM
That is just the way it is. Too many people are convinced that any democrat that gets in office is out to get their guns. They ignore the republicans that have taken away our rights and concentrate on the democrats. Plus the hatred that so many have for Obama just gives them another reason to run around yelling that he is going to take away our guns.

Yes he has stated in the past that he is against guns, be has done nothing in the last 4 years to back that up. But of course as others will tell you, he was just waiting to get re-elected, because he was so sure he would get re-elected with his great record.

Nothing but a bunch of chicken little's posting the same old stuff over and over and not understanding how things really work in the government.

i dont fear him taking guns or passing a AWB. i fear him stacking the supreme court with anti gun leftist democrats.

RMP91
12-04-2012, 2:31 PM
i dont fear him taking guns or passing a AWB. i fear him stacking the supreme court with anti gun leftist democrats.

Ginsburg is the most likely to leave the Court in the next 4 years, and she's MK-Ultra liberal. It's not like it'll make a difference. Just more 5-4 decisions in our favor.

tcrpe
12-04-2012, 2:34 PM
IBTL, IBTM, IBTD

IVC
12-04-2012, 2:46 PM
It seems all you need to do is say "Obama" and "gun" in the same sentence and it gets posted everywhere and the panic buying begins.

Too many people are convinced that any democrat that gets in office is out to get their guns.

Aside from panic buying, calling the worrying about Obama and guns "irrational" is factually incorrect. Here is the official Democratic National Platform as published on the official site:

http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform

Search for "Assault Weapons Ban" or "Firearms" and you will get the official firearm position of the Democratic party. Why would anyone pretend that this doesn't exist or is unreal is beyond me.

njineermike
12-04-2012, 2:48 PM
Ginsburg is the most likely to leave the Court in the next 4 years, and she's MK-Ultra liberal. It's not like it'll make a difference. Just more 5-4 decisions in our favor.

Because people live on a completely predetermined schedule amd NOTHING could possibly happen to another justice. No strokes, no accidents, no disease, nothing that isn't on the schedule.......

Gray Peterson
12-04-2012, 2:55 PM
Because people live on a completely predetermined schedule amd NOTHING could possibly happen to another justice. No strokes, no accidents, no disease, nothing that isn't on the schedule.......

SCOTUS Justices have some of the best healthcare in the world. The chance of a sudden unexpected health attacks is very low.