PDA

View Full Version : Bugging out?, maybe not.

AwakeAware1016
12-04-2012, 3:17 PM
This is a link I found rating by score card, how effective the city is at evacuating itself during disasters.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-11-cities-evacuations_x.htm?csp=34

Everyone says the government will not be able to help. Even the MSM agrees. Just not openly. ;)

mej16489
12-04-2012, 4:52 PM
lol - there's no way that LA should score 25.6 points - its WAY worse then that...

Rider1k
12-04-2012, 4:56 PM
Thank god I live in a smallish town.

DavidR310
12-04-2012, 5:06 PM
2006? Where did you find that article? Lol

AwakeAware1016
12-04-2012, 10:16 PM
You'd be surprised what you can find on the interwebz.

johnny1290
12-05-2012, 1:12 AM
hah well that confirms what I figured. How could anyone think it'd be otherwise. There will be no escape from LA!

Kauf
12-05-2012, 8:04 PM
thats exactly why they filmed "The Colony" in LA for the first season. To prepare us all. Hope you were taking notes :D

Sam .223
12-05-2012, 9:00 PM
one only needs to look at the recent past to see how effective government is at taking care of people during a disaster, you're on your own, most if not all here already believe and know this.

Steve_In_29
12-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I am glad I already live where most people would be bugging out to. Now we just need to organize to keep those that make it out of LA out of here. :)

jyo
12-06-2012, 8:24 AM
I live in L.A.---how you gonna bug-out?---roads jammed with panicked people---no fuel available anywhere at any price---where you gonna go?---and what you gonna do when you "get there"---not realistic.
Personally, I'll take my chances here unless everything is completely destroyed. Then have to look at the situation...

Cali-Shooter
12-06-2012, 1:40 PM
Bugging out is almost always never a good option. If you live somewhere that's going to obviously turn to s**t when there's disaster or civil unrest, move to somewhere safer before it happens. If you try to move during, after, or even right before it happens, you are too late.

Places you should never live in if you don't want to be stuck in the toilet bowl when feces hits the fan blades:

Detroit
L.A.
San Fran
Chicago
New York
Sacramento
New Orleans
Houston

Any densely populated city, esp. with high populations of low income/low S.E.S. families/households/neighborhoods.

Lifeon2whls
12-06-2012, 10:08 PM
I live in L.A.---how you gonna bug-out?---roads jammed with panicked people---no fuel available anywhere at any price---where you gonna go?---and what you gonna do when you "get there"---not realistic.
Personally, I'll take my chances here unless everything is completely destroyed. Then have to look at the situation...

This. I live in LA too and no way people are getting out during SHTF. I mean it takes hours to drive across the city during rush hour and most of us are going in different directions. Imagine everyone trying to go in the same direction at once, not going to happen.

I'll be staying at home.

badreligion
12-06-2012, 10:28 PM
I will be staying home also. Even though I don't live in LA I live close enough to feel the pain of any major disaster. I have enough stocked up to last several months without much outside assistance and I am working on closing the gaps in my plans if things go south.

Bugging out is the last resort but I do have several options of destinations using roadways much less traveled to get to safer locations where I would be welcomed with open arms.

ar15robert
12-06-2012, 11:10 PM
This. I live in LA too and no way people are getting out during SHTF. I mean it takes hours to drive across the city during rush hour and most of us are going in different directions. Imagine everyone trying to go in the same direction at once, not going to happen.

I'll be staying at home.
There all going to take the back roads that they think they are the only ones who know about but mr yuppie will be on the same road in his land rover on 22s trying to figure out how to put in 4wd cause he got stuck and now creating a traffic jam on the truck trail.

Just look at what happened in the power outage in san diego last year on the roads they were pretty bad.

AwakeAware1016
12-07-2012, 8:13 PM
I just wanted to out that up for anyone who thinks they will make it out. I think it's foolhardy to try to get out before things settle down. You'll have to rough I where you are for a while, then go home or bug out. Give the heathens time to thin the herd.

amd64
12-09-2012, 8:39 AM
Bugging out is almost always never a good option. If you live somewhere that's going to obviously turn to s**t when there's disaster or civil unrest, move to somewhere safer before it happens. If you try to move during, after, or even right before it happens, you are too late.

Places you should never live in if you don't want to be stuck in the toilet bowl when feces hits the fan blades:

Detroit
L.A.
San Fran
Chicago
New York
Sacramento
New Orleans
Houston

Any densely populated city, esp. with high populations of low income/low S.E.S. families/households/neighborhoods.

+1. One of the best preps I ever did was moving out of the Los Angeles basin. Every route out of there will be an instant parking lot if SHTF.

American Samurai
12-09-2012, 8:52 AM
When food stops getting trucked into the grocery stores, watch out. Looting and mass unrest.