PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Pig on Private Land...

CombsForce
12-04-2012, 7:17 AM
I was wondering if anyone could spare their wisdom on the regulations for hunting wild pig on a family members land (80 acres, private). I was wondering what I'd need to start as I haven't hunted in California yet. I figured I'd have to get the license and tag... maybe the "safety course."

spamsucker
12-04-2012, 8:22 AM
safety course, license, tags and a legal method of take. dfg.ca.gov has all the info you need in a nicely unreadable format. i'd take a look at the regs at a minimum before you head out.

Tripper
12-04-2012, 8:40 AM
In addition to the above,
Hunter education class, license, tags,
Have in your possession in writing permission to hunt on the land anytime the owner is not present
Preferably the DFG form but anything will do as long as it is in writing and in your possession, every person in the hunting party needs their own permission form

CombsForce
12-04-2012, 9:36 AM
Anyone have a sample of what this "written permission" form looks like? I'd like something that is a little more presentable than a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 with some hand writing on it.

DirtyDave
12-04-2012, 9:40 AM
http://dfg.ca.gov/licensing/pdffiles/FG994.pdf

CombsForce
12-04-2012, 10:18 AM
http://dfg.ca.gov/licensing/pdffiles/FG994.pdf

Sweet, thanks DD. And thanks for all the help clearing that up. Knew I came to the right place.

Hunter87
12-04-2012, 10:28 AM
If you have taken a hunters safety course or had a hunting license in another state it might be applicable, not certain but something to look into. Good luck.

CombsForce
12-04-2012, 10:32 AM
If you have taken a hunters safety course or had a hunting license in another state it might be applicable, not certain but something to look into. Good luck.

When I hunted in Ohio I didn't need one... too young to at the time so no requirement. I thought about that though... good idea.

shooterbill
12-04-2012, 1:19 PM
If you have a hunting license from another state that will get you a license here.