PDA

View Full Version : Delayed Purchase in California

Stensoltd
12-03-2012, 9:35 PM
Hi my name's Jeff, I'm brand new here. Lookin to see if anyone else is delayed in a purchase here in California, and looking for info to help me, anyone can point to a thread would be great. I sent info already to calguns foundation, was wondering if anyone else is going through this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

ki6ojv
12-03-2012, 9:55 PM
I guess you are referring to a delayed Dros? When I 1st started buying guns my dros was delayed. There was an issue that DOJ was unsure of and I had to call and talk to them to get things straightened out. Just from my experience the 2 people I have talked to there were very nice to deal with.

Hope that helps.

Stensoltd
01-30-2013, 8:50 AM
Okay I was able to straighten the issue out, was a 27 year old arrest record from a fight I got into at a concert in RI, I had to pull all the records myself Via Notarized request for information from RI BCI, registered mail both directions, after receiving it then, Forward request to RI Supreme Court Records division, (registered mail both ways), faxed disposition to DOJ and situation resolved, Cal doj updated records and I recieved my purchase yesterday, 2.5 months later.

Katch
01-30-2013, 9:27 AM
Goat rope! Congrats though.

rootuser
01-30-2013, 9:30 AM
Okay I was able to straighten the issue out, was a 27 year old arrest record from a fight I got into at a concert in RI, I had to pull all the records myself Via Notarized request for information from RI BCI, registered mail both directions, after receiving it then, Forward request to RI Supreme Court Records division, (registered mail both ways), faxed disposition to DOJ and situation resolved, Cal doj updated records and I recieved my purchase yesterday, 2.5 months later.

Grats!!!

This is probably how it should work. You were in a fight, it came up on your record, who knows if you are a violent person. Clearly you proved you were not, you did the paperwork, you were not denied your 2A right. It took longer than it should have of course, typical slow government and that needs to be fixed, but in this case, at least what they were looking in to was real.

SoCal Bob
01-30-2013, 9:37 AM
Stensoltd, I'm sure this goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway. Keep your paperwork in a safe, accessible place. CA DOJ has been known to say they will update a file only to have the same issue reoccur on subsequent purchases.

Librarian
01-30-2013, 2:04 PM
And there is a sticky in this forum - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=656150

Glad things seem to have worked out.