PDA

View Full Version : why did NRA not support Joe Baca?

mag360
12-03-2012, 9:51 AM
bloomberg backed Negrete McCleod wins house seat from SoCal area. Did the NRA honestly not back Baca as idiot Dan Morain (sacbee) claims because he didnt support a vote against holder on fast and furious?

How stupid are they if that's the truth? Or did they just not see Negrete as that bad as she doesnt seem that anti gun.

Did they just want to spend money elsewhere? Cause it doesnt seem like they spent that much money anyways. Bloomberg put 3 million behind Negrete.

And while I have your attention, why dont the republicans attach hr822, and an NFA repeal for a tax deal on the rich? If the dems want some taxes lets get something GOOD.

DannyInSoCal
12-03-2012, 10:01 AM
The NRA is useless in California politics -

Government employees unions rule with an iron fist, hammer, and sickle....

mag360
12-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Except baca had held this seat for years and was himself a democrat. The typical partiasan pro union argument doesnt seem to fit.

bwiese
12-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Baca, although having a relatively favorable pro-gun history - voted, AFTER WARNING ABOUT VOTES BEING 'SCORED', for Supreme Ct nominees Sotomayor and Kagan.

It's nice to see him hanging from a tree twisting in the wind.

This was the correct result. You have to leave a sead horse's head in people's beds sometime.

DannyInCoCal: this is national politics not CA - House races.

mag360
12-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Ahhh I see. Didnt catch the record on his votes for those two supremes. Well in that case, I'm glad they pulled support!

Is there a chance that while he had voted for them he would be a better ally moving forward than Negrete or was it more important to wash our hands of him and show people what happens if they dont support our cause?

CitaDeL
12-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Baca, although having a relatively favorable pro-gun history - voted, AFTER WARNING ABOUT VOTES BEING 'SCORED', for Supreme Ct nominees Sotomayor and Kagan.

This was the correct result. You have to leave a sead horse's head in people's beds sometime.

I am going to side with Bill on this one. You cant claim you are pro-gun and then unf*ck yourself after voting for justices that would undo the second amendment.

NotEnufGarage
12-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Much FAIL here....

Congressional Representatives don't get to vote on the nominations of Supreme Court Justices. Only US Senators have that ability.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg - (RINO - NYC) supported his opponent.

bwiese
12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Much FAIL here....

Congressional Representatives don't get to vote on the nominations of Supreme Court Justices. Only US Senators have that ability.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg - (RINO - NYC) supported his opponent.

Hmm i thought Baca somehow got involved in that regardless of vote.

Oh well, maybe the FnF vote was at a critical time and he held back.

Baca sought the NRA's endorsement this year, but said the NRA turned him down because he failed to join Republicans
who voted to sanction Attorney General Eric Holder for the ATF's bollixed Fast and Furious gun investigation, and because
he supported Obama's nomination of Sonia Sotomayor as U.S. Supreme Court justice.

The article said 'support' - instead of vote. Perhaps he was on some caucus that [regardless of vote] offered recommendation
or a resolution in support of her (i.e, congressional Hispanic caucus).