PDA

View Full Version : Best Electronic Caller?

pat4wd
12-02-2012, 3:10 PM
After 2 Foxpro Spitfires.. First one showed up and never worked, second worked for about 10 minutes then died.. People with Experience let me know what you have found to work real well and be dependable.. Need a new call for mostly Coyotes.. thanks

cruddymutt
12-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I use a Foxpro Firestorm. Only gripes are it chews through alkaline batteries so definatly use rechargables. I take a spare set of batteries with me as well though Ive never had to use them. My wife got me a 12v dc charger for it last Christmas so I charge it in between stands if I can. Other than that, its been very dependable for me.

RLTW375
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
My buddy I go with has a spitfire and its been nothing but reliable, weird.

5shot
12-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I've been using a Spitfire since they first came out. No problems at all. I've heard they don't have the volume the more expensive models do, but I've never compared it to the other models.

mzhunter
12-02-2012, 10:51 PM
i got the fury it works good but still has some hiccups once in a while

Coyotegunner
12-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear the Spitfires fail.I just ordered the Scorpian from Cabelas.
I have been using a cable and speaker type from Johnny Stewart for about 8 years and it has worked well.I would have bought their remote model,but Cabelas had a great price on the Scorpian with free shipping.The Scorpian has the bigger amp if you are going to run a external speaker.Other than price,I would have stuck with the J Stewart brand,I know they have a good speaker and sound quality.

duckman1
12-03-2012, 6:03 AM
Spitfire for 3 years now and I love it.

Manolito
12-03-2012, 6:50 AM
My mouth calls do not need batteries and once in a while one of the reeds gets wet and has to dry out.

I am sold on mouth calling but just my point of view.

Good Hunting and thank you for taking Yotes out of the system.

Bill

lewdogg21
12-03-2012, 8:09 AM
Sorry to threadjack pat4wd...

But for those spitfire owners. So I now understand that it can hold a min and max of 24 sounds.

Do any of you have different SD cards preloaded so that you can swap them quickly, sync your remote and do it that way? For fun I'd like to load a bunch of waterfowl, elk bugling, and other sounds that only hunters like and anybody else will think I'm crazy.

cruddymutt
12-03-2012, 5:30 PM
My mouth calls do not need batteries and once in a while one of the reeds gets wet and has to dry out.

I am sold on mouth calling but just my point of view.

Good Hunting and thank you for taking Yotes out of the system.

Bill

This right here. I think mouth calling is much better. You can put "emotion" into the call if that makes sence. I use my Firestorm for vocalizing. I suck at howls.

Baxter
12-03-2012, 6:05 PM
I still have a fx5 and a ton of Jawbreakers hand calls.

truep
12-04-2012, 7:18 AM
Another guy here who's spitfire has always worked fine.

You can keep multiple SD cards. I just never use my spitfire any more. Maybe I'll use it sometime, but handcalls work so much better for me and less to carry around. I don't use decoys anymore, but made a full coyote decoy from a pelt, and going to give that a try next year.