View Full Version : San Jose: Friends of the NRA - Sept 21 (Friday)

08-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Hey all,

I noted that a "Friends of the NRA" event will be running in San Jose, for the 1st time in a long time.

I wrote the event coordinator for details, as I've not been to one of these before. Here is what I got in return (plus the attached PDF that has contact info, and more details).

Sounds like fun, anyone else going?

Thanks for your E-mail. I've attached a flyer in case you don't already have it. This is the first event in San Jose in a few years - they had them annually for many years (first at the Elk's Lodge, then later at Lou's Village) until Lou's was closed. We decided it is time to re-start the event. I am the Chairman of the Friends of NRA for the Silicon Valley but this in fact will be my first time running the dinner. The event is on Friday, September 21st starting at 6:00PM at the Elk's Lodge on Alma just off the 87 freeway. The key of the even is guns! Gun door prizes, gun drawings, gun giveaways, gun raffles, guns for table purchases, gun auctions, etc. NRA membership is not required for attendance. Regular dinner tickets are $60.00 per person. There is a sponsor promo package that includes a bunch of tickets to win guns, two dinner tickets, and some nice gifts for $350. And people that want a whole table can get 10 spots & tickets plus a gun of their choice of three for $950.

Family, friends, etc. are all welcome and encouraged to attend! It is a great group of people, there will be some interesting folks, speeches and commentary will be very brief (including from me) so we can focus on the guns & fun! Oh - and the food is excellent - tri-tip steak ++ :)

If you'd like to get your tickets just let me know and we can do it over the phone, or you can send in your request to the address on the flyer (just print the flyer and fill in your info and what you want and mail it in).

I hope to see you there! And welcome to the NRA! I've been a member for 20+ years and recently upgraded from Patron membership to Benefactor!

EVENT TIMELINE added to thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=719801&postcount=11

Hmm... PDF is too big to attach on CG, however, Steve - the coordinator of this event, got back to me, and gave me the following URLs.

http://www.svfnra.org/ graphic.

http://www.svfnra.org/2007/Flyer3.pdf pdf. - this is the updated link, this PDF has all the relevant info, same as the graphic above. Additionally all the text below is up to date now.

RSVP Order Form
The San Jose Friends of the NRA
Cordially Invite You to Attend our NRA Fund Raiser Dinner & Auction
September 21, 2007 - 6:00 PM
San Jose Elks Lodge - 444 West Alma Ave San Jose CA
Live Auction - Silent Auctions - Special Drawings
Limited Edition Firearms, Custom Knives, Art Prints
Many items created especially for this event.
Tickets: $60.00 Each for Members and their Guests
Tickets will NOT be sold at the Door, so buy early!
Join Us for a Delicious Buffet Dinner & a Fun-Filled Evening

*Early Bird Special*
Buy Before August 24, 2007 and receive $20 in special drawing tickets for each ticket purchased! Buy Now, a sellout crowd is expected.

For tickets/information, call Steven at (408) 206-8573 or purchase tickets by using the order form below.

Complete the following order and mail with payment to:
San Jose Friends of the NRA
5669 Snell Ave #123
San Jose CA 95123-3328

Liberty Plus Event Sponsor Package - $350
(Includes: 2 dinner tickets, $200 special drawing tickets, 1 sponsor gun drawing ticket for a chance to win a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II .45 ACP with Laser Grips, 1 Sponsor hat, 1 Sponsor knife and 1 Sponsor Statue –the 1st in a new series, Traditions magazine subscription ____@ $350.00 =

Dinner Tickets Tickets will NOT be sold at the Door ____@ $60.00 =

Buy a Table Get a Gun! ____@ $950.00 = _______
(Order by August 24, 2007, Limited quantity available)
Includes 10 dinner tickets and your choice of ____Henry Golden Boy Lever Action .22 LR with NRA Patriot Logo Stock,
____ Benelli Nova Pump 28” Barrel 12 ga Shotgun, or ____ Ruger Single Six .17 Rimfire Mag Single Action Pistol –
Please indicate your preference. (All background and waiting period laws apply). Subject to availability.

Quick Draw - $10 ea., 3 tickets for $20, or 10 tickets for $50. ____ tickets =
For a chance to win a Weatherby Vanguard .270 WSM with Leupold VX II Scope and case. (Need not be present to win)

Check Enclosed ___ Charge to: MC VISA AMEX DISCOVER TOTAL Amount = 
Name:___________________________ Address:____________________________________ Phone:_______________________

08-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Finally one in our area, hell this is spitting distance from me. I'll be there, enjoy meeting other gunnies...

08-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Finally one in our area, hell this is spitting distance from me. I'll be there, enjoy meeting other gunnies...

:) Yeah, you and me both... I could walk to the Elks club... but I'm lazy, so I'll drive the 2 minutes or so it will take instead.

08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
I shall be in attendance as well, I got a flyer from the SRGC membership meeting last night. Please save a spot for me :)

08-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I might have to go.

08-03-2007, 8:37 PM
Ok, I spoke with the organizer again, updated the original post.

I've never been to one of these before, but it seems like fun... Is anyone interested in buying a table or something? Or should we all just do our own thing? Might be interesting to have a Calguns table or 2.

08-04-2007, 10:01 AM
On my calendar now.

08-04-2007, 11:24 AM
How long do these things run? I might not be able to get there until 7:30 or so. Self employment is as glamorous as it seems.

08-05-2007, 8:48 AM
How long do these things run? I might not be able to get there until 7:30 or so. Self employment is as glamorous as it seems.

Seems like none of us so far know much about these things.

I've requested more info from the event coordinator, I'll post when I get a response.

08-05-2007, 9:02 AM
I've been to one in the past. My memory of this was about 2 hours including eating and the presentations and auctions.

08-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Ok guys, did some more digging, here is the updated info on the event. However, as all things, this may change; but at the moment, here ya go.

Event Time-line: 6pm - 10 pm.

6:00 PM to 7:00 PM - Social Hour - No Host Bar & Special Drawing Ticket Sales

7:00 PM to 7:15 PM - Welcome and Introductions

7:15 PM to 8:00 PM - Dinner Served, Special Games & Drawings

8:00 PM to 8:15 PM - Close Silent Auction and Announce Buyers

8:15 PM to 9:15 PM - Live Auction

9:15 PM to 9:45 PM - Finish Special Drawings

This is a FUN evening. It is not a night with tons of speeches and presentations. We are there to have a good time and try to raise money for the NRA Foundation to support the shooting sports, education, public safety, range improvements, and programs like Eddie Eagle, Refuse to be a Victim, etc.

Late arrivals just miss out on some stuff. Someone arriving between 6 and say 6:45 would not miss all that much other than a chance to find their seat, and get to know their neighbors.

08-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I highly encourage you to go and have a good time. This money goes into shooting programs (not into politician's pockets) and half of it stays inside California. It funds things like range improvements, rifles and equipment for junior shooting programs, etc.

There was no event last year, but we had, at least all five years prior, been doing it at Lou's Village in April.

09-11-2007, 4:01 PM
So who all is going? Wifey and I - will be there.

09-11-2007, 4:41 PM
I'm in as long as I don't have to make a quick trip to Europe...

09-21-2007, 9:05 AM
For those who are going... See you tonight at 6pm!

09-21-2007, 9:42 AM
the_quark and I will be there.