PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo gun show

obiwan
12-01-2012, 7:01 AM
How big is this show normally, worth the hour drive over or wait for the next SF?

hk91666
12-01-2012, 7:37 AM
It usually good for cnr

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Gillious
12-01-2012, 7:59 AM
It depends what you're looking for. An hour away is not that bad to check it out if you're in the city.

Cow Palace is way better though and a lot bigger.

You'll see some familiar faces and some different ones. There was a guy I seen at Vallejo gun show who had for sale a nice variety of AKs. RPK, Draco, Yugo M70, M10, Wasrs, and some ARs. He was selling the RPK AS10-b for $880 OTD. You just had to pick it up from him in ...I forgot what town but it was one of those small towns around Sacramento.

There's a lot of C&R stuff. I remember asking how much a beat up M91/30 Mosin Nagant was and the guy said $190. It was a 1943 Izzy. I chuckled, put the rifle down and kept shopping.

I'd say the cow palace gun show could be twice as big? i could be wrong.

GeeDog
12-28-2012, 2:32 PM
Sometimes I find stuff at Vallejo that I don't see at the Cow Palace, but it is a bit smaller. The drive's not bad, but coming from San Jose I have to remember to have bridge toll money handy.

bohoki
12-28-2012, 3:48 PM
its a neat show i know it like the back of my hand now
stunguns,
helicopters,
jerky,island of chinese knives and swords,
occasional c&r gun on a non ffl dealer table to buy ffl tables don't do cash and carry might if you have a c&r licence but only if they have the time
solar tactical never misses a show,
mexican family buisness with giant island of magazine rebuilds and ar-15 uppers and parts,
coin dealer guy,
guy selling old cast iron skillets

i'm confused i thought the next one is in feb but cowpalace in jan

ptroxx
12-28-2012, 3:50 PM
WHen is this show again...

mike.h
12-28-2012, 3:52 PM
its a neat show i know it like the back of my hand now
stunguns,
helicopters,
jerky,island of chinese knives and swords,
occasional c&r gun on a non ffl dealer table to buy ffl tables don't do cash and carry might if you have a c&r licence but only if they have the time
solar tactical never misses a show,
mexican family buisness with giant island of magazine rebuilds and ar-15 uppers and parts,
coin dealer guy,
guy selling old cast iron skillets

you left out loud guy with remanufactured ammo when you walk in the door.

bohoki
12-28-2012, 7:57 PM
you left out loud guy with remanufactured ammo when you walk in the door.

ahh redline

miwal and load-x are there too

eyeruh
12-28-2012, 9:12 PM
WHen is this show again...

Feb 9-10

Irish Gunner
12-31-2012, 10:59 AM
When will the sign up for volunteers start?

Can'thavenuthingood
01-02-2013, 3:42 AM
When will the sign up for volunteers start?

Irish, no booth for this show.
We lost the table, our spot in line due to a lack of Volunteers so Calguns was unable to make an appearance the last few shows. That put us to the back of the line for a table.

According to bplvr a Vallejo booth most likely won't happen this year.

Vick

Irish Gunner
01-02-2013, 7:59 AM
Every since "MOM" stopped, it kind of went in the crapper. Thanks for letting me know.

Can'thavenuthingood
01-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Every since "MOM" stopped, it kind of went in the crapper. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah Liz did a great job with the booths, we miss her.

I am surprised that with the population density up there no one has stepped up to make these shows happen. We're somewhere around 130,000 plus Calgunners and we cannot get 8 people, 6 minimum to man a booth, disappointing.

Tables are, were paid for, entrance is free and this year would be extremely crowded with information seekers.

Vick

CoreNobody
01-06-2013, 11:45 AM
When is the show at the Cal Palace?

Haven't been to one in about 30 years.I want to hit both.

twolane
01-06-2013, 8:56 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gun+show+cow+palace+San+Francisco

Corsair415
01-07-2013, 4:03 PM

It's this coming up weekend.

*Planning on going myself, would make it my first gun show.

union thug
01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
I grew up on the Vallejo show and loved going until the accessories outnumbered the guns. Mom, Lee, Charlie all gone but not forgotten. Save your money for Reno.

M

reefer_bob
02-06-2013, 10:54 PM
I fear the show is going to be a total zoo. It's normally rather crowded due to the small size of the venue. but given the recent hysteria, I expect a HUGE crowd, and a line at Miwall out the door.

I honestly don't know if I want to go, or make the trek up to Reno for the next show.

norcalhunter1
02-08-2013, 5:42 AM
What's the dates for the Reno show??

Desdemmonna
02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
I may make a rare appearance. My other half of the conundrum usually hits the shows with my wishlist almost towards closing because unlike me he can zip through and haggle with vendors wanting to lug a lot less inventory home. (Wish list being a new tactical/hiking cane and .303 British)

Matty510
02-09-2013, 4:42 PM
Anyone else wind up going? I showed up at 6:45 this morning so I could get some ammo. Total nuthouse if you showed up on time or later.

jvc707
02-09-2013, 4:44 PM
@matty510. how was it? did you get any ammo?

Matty510
02-10-2013, 5:08 PM
It was nothing short of a zoo. Being one of the first 20 in line was the only thing that made it worth it. I got a few boxes of 40 and a few of 9, also got a couple magazines. After that, I couldn't hardly walk in the place so I just bailed.

The line to get in was further than I could see. The line for ammo was around the whole inside. Not worth it if we didnt get there over 2 hours early.

Desdemmonna
02-10-2013, 6:53 PM
It was a bust for us.
The pricing on the AR accessories and variables was disgusting.
I'm an iron sights gal looking for lead free .303 for hunting, prices on ammunition from the usual vendors is up %35 at least. $50 for .44 Russian when it was $42 even a show ago.
No walking sticks
Made in China jewelry with signs "Don't forget the wife!" If my Mister came home with that stuff I'd have to reconsider our relationship.
*Did* find a box of Eley RPF .22 Short
It was a show for long arms, there were some lovely examples of pre-1940 bolt actions in really good condition.

union thug
02-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Wow. I guess I am pleased people are showing up but I am more pleased I stayed away. For what it is worth Reno is April 12, 13 and 14th.

Matty510
02-10-2013, 11:10 PM
With Reno, I wish I still lived in Rocklin. Now-a-days I'm not too sure I wanna pay for the overpriced gas and then the overpriced stuff at the shows.

gitardad
02-15-2013, 12:08 AM
The smaller Crossroads gunshow at the Convention center is this weekend.