PDA

View Full Version : Numrich Gun Parts Corp. is blatantly Anti CA

GOEX FFF
11-30-2012, 8:43 AM
So, I'm not sure if it has been brought up before. I had no inclining that one of the biggest part suppliers in the nation is anti CA.

Here is my Email to them through one of the action sites pertaining to an auction I saw they have listed but state no shipments to CA.

Hello Numrich,

I've been a long time buyer from Numrich for over 15 years. I am interested in bidding on this rifle. However, I see that you won't ship to CA? This bolt-action long gun (made in 1917) classifies as a Curio and Relic and is perfectly legal to be shipped to and possessed in the state. I understand if you are not signed up for the free CFLC program to ship to an 01 FFL dealer in CA, http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs However, C&R 03 FFL holders are exempt from this dealer-to-dealer CFLC requirement. May then I ask why you won't ship a legal C&R long gun to fellow gun owners in California? If you need any further CADOJ references that this C&R long gun is perfectly fine to transfer in to the state, I would be happy to oblige.

Thanks for your time,

[my name]

Their response -

Dear [my name],

Thank you for your continued patronage. We are aware that firearms can be sold and shipped to California. Due to the continuous legal changes in California our company prohibits the sale and transfer of this firearm to California State.

This policy is not based on any particular State regs; it is strictly our company policy. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email us at importing@gunpartscorp DOT com.

Sincerely,
Numrich Importing
Customer Service: 845-679-4867
Toll Free: 866-NUMRICH (866-686-7424)

www.facebook.com/NumrichGunParts

Numrich fully admits that this long gun is legal to ship here, but it's just their policy to promote more gun control in CA. Looks like my "continued patronage" with them just went out the window. :mad:

tenpercentfirearms
11-30-2012, 8:48 AM
Numrich fully admits that this long gun is legal to ship here, but it's just their policy to promote more gun control in CA. Looks like my "continued patronage" with them just went out the window. :mad:

You should start a Facebook campaign where you bring up that Numrich has sided with the anti-gun forces in California and refuse to arm law abiding citizens. I like bringing up to people like this that if they want to piss of a liberal, sell a gun to California. If they want to be a puppet of their liberal mastsers, don't sell a gun to California.

mkane
11-30-2012, 8:52 AM
Keep mentioning 'arming' law abiding citizens is a failure. Keep calling firearms weapons and you'll get less. How many people have you shot with your weapon?

aermotor
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
What a sad response from them. Are they really too lazy to keep up on C&R laws that essentially never change?

GOEX FFF
11-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Keep mentioning 'arming' law abiding citizens is a failure. Keep calling firearms weapons and you'll get less. How many people have you shot with your weapon?

While I agree with you in general. I personally never refer to firearms as weapons, of course while respecting it as such, to me they are works of art, devices of mechanical ingenuity and many rich is history.

Using the words "weapon" and "arming" may have knee-jerking side-effect reactions from the lament soccer mom's and hopscotch butter ninnies and it's good to steer clear of terms like that when you're making a point.
But Numrich Corp. have been in the firearms and firearms part business since 1950. I'm pretty certain those words are everyday conversation to them.

However, they have also been around long enough to where one would think they'd have their act together. There's no excuse for their policy, other than they're own knee-jerk reactions...when at the same time, they acknowledge a 90+ year old bolt-action C&R long gun is legal to ship here, yet they wont.

taguin
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Sorry about your troubles with Numrich.

Fatgunman
11-30-2012, 11:09 AM
That sucks. I hate this state sometimes, at least the weather is nice

CEDaytonaRydr
11-30-2012, 1:11 PM
Sarco does the same thing. I hope they both go bankrupt...

SilverTauron
11-30-2012, 2:06 PM

How about you take a chill pill?

Numrich didn't make the CA gun laws. Your neighbors did. Get mad at them, because they're the ones who ask for so many gun control laws that even attorneys in CA can't keep track.

Every year there are minute changes to CA law. For example, the 401(E) check is now under a different title under the PC. There's no way Numrich or any other vendor can spend hours every week reading the entire California Penal Code to make sure they're not violating some moronic ordinance. If Numrich sells a gun and violates the law because the CA lawmakers changed the wording they can't say in defense "we don't have time to read the entire penal code ". Instead, the ATF gets a phone call and their Federal license grows wings.

There are plenty of customers in the other 40 odd states who would buy that rifle from them, and Numrich doesn't have to worry about getting f**ked by the government if they missed a paragraph of the state penal code.

CEDaytonaRydr
11-30-2012, 2:18 PM
Numrich didn't make the CA gun laws. Your neighbors did. Get mad at them, because they're the ones who ask for so many gun control laws that even attorneys in CA can't keep track.

Absolutely not!

If you own a restaurant, you don't just close your doors one day because you suddenly find out that there are health code requirements that you have to follow for food preparation.

They knew there were rules when they got into the firearms business and furthermore, there are states with just as many laws (if not more) than our state has when it comes to firearms. Their choice to do this to Californians is based purely on prejudice... NOTHING MORE!!!

However, I hope to score a great deal during their liquidation sale, once they go bankrupt, which can't come soon enough for me. Sarco can go under too, as far as I'm concerned...

Mr.Sandman
11-30-2012, 2:40 PM
However, I hope to score a great deal during their liquidation sale, once they go bankrupt, which can't come soon enough for me. Sarco can go under too, as far as I'm concerned...

I will continue to buy parts from them, especially stuff that is not available anywhere else. I have bought from Sarco before and been satisfied as well. It is a business, as long as they have a product that I want to buy I will continue to do so.

I will also continue to support the right of those on here who would rather take their business elsewhere to do so.

RandyD
11-30-2012, 2:44 PM
I see both sides to this issue, and my sympathies slightly tilt towards Numrich. A company like Numrich, would have an enourmous annual legal bill just to monitor and stay current on all firearms laws in each the 50 states. The Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution was designed to prevent states from enacting laws that inhibit and restrict commerce. In my opinion this is just another manifestation of dysfunction caused by liberal laws, especially California's convoluted laws.

SilverTauron
11-30-2012, 2:49 PM
Absolutely not!

If you own a restaurant, you don't just close your doors one day because you suddenly find out that there are health code requirements that you have to follow for food preparation.

They knew there were rules when they got into the firearms business and furthermore, there are states with just as many laws (if not more) than our state has when it comes to firearms. Their choice to do this to Californians is based purely on prejudice... NOTHING MORE!!!

The problem is that the firearm law in CA is a living creature.Want us out of state folks to do business in CA?Toss out the slugs occupying your government.

GOEX FFF
11-30-2012, 2:54 PM

Every year there are minute changes to CA law. For example, the 401(E) check is now under a different title under the PC. There's no way Numrich or any other vendor can spend hours every week reading the entire California Penal Code to make sure they're not violating some moronic ordinance. If Numrich sells a gun and violates the law because the CA lawmakers changed the wording they can't say in defense "we don't have time to read the entire penal code ". Instead, the ATF gets a phone call and their Federal license grows wings.

There are plenty of customers in the other 40 odd states who would buy that rifle from them, and Numrich doesn't have to worry about getting f**ked by the government if they missed a paragraph of the state penal code.

Again, you need not to keep reminding us how it is here. It's easy for you in SD to tell us our faults and get-over-it's. If your state was experiencing the same thing, I'd be surprised if you didn't have a say in it. OR maybe you'd just shrug it off and not care to voice your distaste as the salt keeps being poured on the wounds by the very ones who keep telling you over and over that you're bleeding.

Besides, were not taking about anything here but a 95 year old C&R bolt action rifle. What's to worry about violating an ordnance or "get f**ked by" when Numrich already knows and stated to me that it's legal to ship here, and that it's "not based on any particular State regs" They've been in the nation wide firearms part and distribution business for the last 62 years, they know it's legal but still, they won't.
Contributing to gun-control anywhere, does more harm than good.

I can also assure you, even a CA attorney who knows anything about basic firearm law in CA knows that 50+ year old Curio & Relic, bolt action long guns can legally be shipped and transferred in to the state. It's really not rocket science.

bohoki
11-30-2012, 2:56 PM
its not so much anti CA as it is being overly safe with difficult to understand constantly changing regulations

ewarmour
11-30-2012, 2:59 PM
Good for them - **** this state.

rivraton
11-30-2012, 2:59 PM

In 1950 When they started their business, none of these idiotic regulations existed. No different than the very common "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" signs you see in most businesses. IMO

CEDaytonaRydr
11-30-2012, 3:00 PM
I see both sides to this issue, and my sympathies slightly tilt towards Numrich. A company like Numrich, would have an enourmous annual legal bill just to monitor and stay current on all firearms laws in each the 50 states. The Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution was designed to prevent states from enacting laws that inhibit and restrict commerce. In my opinion this is just another manifestation of dysfunction caused by liberal laws, especially California's convoluted laws.

The point that you are missing is that California is not the only state with restrictive gun laws, yet we are the only ones who have been "singled out" for gun sales by Sarco and Numrich. If they said that they wouldn't sell to California, New York, Illinois, etc., your argument would hold water. The fact that this rule applies only to us makes it a prejudiced choice by Numrich and Sarco. You're right when you say that they are free to sell (or not sell) to whomever they wish. I am also free to tell everyone I know to take there business elsewhere, and to wish for their imidiate bankruptcy.;)

I haven't bought a thing from Sarco since they stopped selling to California and now, I won't be buying from Numrich. They are far from the only gun parts vendors in the country... :rolleyes:

tenpercentfirearms
11-30-2012, 3:04 PM

401(e) check? :confused:

They admitted it was legal and they still don't want to ship. They are doing the anti's bidding. It is that simple.

Mesa Tactical
11-30-2012, 3:09 PM

It certainly isn't based on sound business acumen. California is merely the largest firearms market in America, by far.

Librarian
11-30-2012, 3:15 PM
I thought this might go someplace else, but now, in well-worn territory, we have no place else to go - closed.

The summary to this, as it is to CtD and SG and Google and whatever other private business, is this:

1) There's no 2A issue; private businesses are not bound by 2A. (Nobody here said there was a 2A issue, just adding it for completeness.)

2) Any business is free to set any policies that business thinks may be good.

3) As consumers, we may choose to give such businesses our money, or not.

If business policies hurt the business, then the policies will change, or the business will fail.

The bad decisions of private companies get discussed in OT.