PDA

View Full Version : Name the handguns game!

nightwolf0215
11-30-2012, 1:26 AM
I found these two in pictures only and I believe they are quite rare. I am interested in both of them, can someone name the items?

http://pics.livejournal.com/larvatus/pic/003zkwca/s960x600

sealocan
11-30-2012, 4:02 AM
okay I'm about to give you the answers so if you other people want to play close your eyes and don't look...

The gun that looks like a semi-auto is actually a manually operated slide .45 caliber pistol called a Smmerling and I believe it is their model called LM 4 just google "Smmerling Wikipedia"
the revolver is a little more common it is called a Korth. okay what'd I win ?
In my opinion it's like spending 5000 dollars for a rare/well made hammer... you can get better cheaper.

redcliff
11-30-2012, 5:27 AM
"Semmerling" LM4 and a Korth revolver.

Cutest
11-30-2012, 5:52 AM
thats an early model Beretta semi auto and a Ruger Sp101 .22 your welcome

Biigg50
11-30-2012, 6:05 AM
Yes definatly a Simmerling and a Korth.
I've always wanted to shoot a Korth, one of the finest revolvers ever made and very expensive!

JeremyS
11-30-2012, 8:22 AM
Smmerling

"Semmerling"

Simmerling

Well at least we've reached a consensus :) ??? :p

m03
11-30-2012, 9:06 AM
It's a Korth Target revolver and a 17" MacBook Pro. What do I win?

Freq18Hz
11-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Well at least we've reached a consensus :) ??? :p

It's German, shouldn't there be an SCH and an umlaut in there?

"Schümmerlinghz" ???

:D

-Freq

Army
11-30-2012, 10:34 AM
It's German, shouldn't there be an SCH and an umlaut in there?

"Schümmerlinghz" ???

:D

-Freq
Actually, the Korth is German. The Semmerling, American ;)

If you are getting the Korth for cheap, congrats to you! One of the most well made handguns out there, and rather scarce in the USA. Only about 100 of each model is made each year, and all done by hand. Few actually get imported to America.

IVC
11-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I found these two in pictures only and I believe they are quite rare. I am interested in both of them, can someone name the items?

It's a Mac Book Pro and a USB cable. I don't believe either is very rare :)

sealocan
11-30-2012, 12:01 PM
okay you are right I spelled it wrong it is Semmerling with an E. it was 4 o'clock in the morning though and I was racing to get my answer in to win the prize.
I thought it was kind of funny that I wasn't even able to identify what type of Mac Computer that was but two rare pistols, that's not a problem for me.
if you look up Korth on Wikipedia you will see they have Sam Colt is listed as the single founder in 1956... man he was active for his age.

today's bonus question is what is the item below the hammer on Korth revolvers. it doesn't really show that well in this image but if you look at Google Images of Korth revolvers you will see they all have this little round knob below the hammer what is its purpose?... remember no cheating by going to the Korth owner forums.
and yes funny answers will be accepted.

redcliff
11-30-2012, 1:45 PM
Based upon it's location and taking a guess I'd say cylinder release.

pyromensch
11-30-2012, 6:31 PM
those are some expensive firearms...back when the korth showed up, i think it was asking between $1500 and $2000

Chaozu
11-30-2012, 7:02 PM
today's bonus question is what is the item below the hammer on Korth revolvers. it doesn't really show that well in this image but if you look at Google Images of Korth revolvers you will see they all have this little round knob below the hammer what is its purpose?... remember no cheating by going to the Korth owner forums.

Ahh.. That's pretty cool. I cheated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQvKkyo23M

sealocan
11-30-2012, 8:22 PM
my bad I thought it was a button to call for your Butler and let him notify your man servant so that he can request your gentleman's gentleman go down to Walmart and pick up a crate of Winchester white box ammo.

Biigg50
11-30-2012, 8:42 PM
Yep it's the cylinder release. I believe you push it forward.

Biigg50
11-30-2012, 8:49 PM
The Simmerling is an LM4 and it is spelled with an I not E.

redcliff
12-01-2012, 1:09 AM
The Simmerling is an LM4 and it is spelled with an I not E.

Might want to double check your source; it really is spelled "Semmerling".

anothergunnut
12-01-2012, 8:28 AM
The revolver looks like a S&W 686 knock off; since it's made in Germany I'm going to ignore that it's marked "waffenfabrik Korth" and guess it's an RG. If it wasn't for the made in Germany marking, I'd guess a Taurus:p

What do you get for the $thousands extra besides exclusivity? What's the device next to the hammer, some kind of set trigger?

Army
12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
The revolver looks like a S&W 686 knock off; since it's made in Germany I'm going to ignore that it's marked "waffenfabrik Korth" and guess it's an RG. If it wasn't for the made in Germany marking, I'd guess a Taurus:p

What do you get for the $thousands extra besides exclusivity? What's the device next to the hammer, some kind of set trigger?
Hardly an RG. These are literally handmade, one at a time, and do not leave the factory until very stringent specifications are met or exceeded.

What you get for the price, is one of the finest made handguns in the world. Quality costs, and the Korth is nothing but quality. And, if you bothered to read the other posts, you would have already known about the "device next to the hammer".

knucklehead0202
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
you mean it's not the switch that sets it to "stun"

anothergunnut
12-02-2012, 9:01 PM

Apparently funny answers are not accepted; or some people don't find my answer funny:rolleyes: