PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of making room in the collection

Sackman1886
11-29-2012, 11:07 PM
I am thinking of selling my Sig SP2022 .40. I currently have my 1911, and xd 9. I am a very good shot with both of those. I am not GREAT with the .40. It just kicks hard, and I can't get that used to the sig trigger. I have never thought about selling guns, but I don't know if I want to keep a gun that I'm not that proficient with. I'm thinking about selling it, and getting another 9mm. My "night stand" gun is my xd 9 because I am lights out with it... Anyone else go through this dilemma? Any advice?

Socalmedix
11-29-2012, 11:11 PM
I've sold a few guns I couldn't get used to... And wasn't a good shot with... Use the cash to buy something you would like or more ammo for what you are shooting now..

Ziggy23
11-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm in the same dilemma. I have an xdm 3.8 9mm I'm consistently inconsistent with. I've switched back straps, grip and stance as well as different bullet grain weights, but sometimes feel like I'm just wasting ammo. However, sometimes it feels like I can't miss. My other pistols I'm much more consistent with...

Bumslie
11-29-2012, 11:19 PM
While I regret Selling my P228, I just plain never shot it when I got my P220 9mm. I wasn't a bad shot with the 228, but I wasn't great either. The .40 S&W round to me isn't that fun to shoot. I have a p226 in 40 that I rarely shoot, but thats because I plan to convert it to .357 Sig. I keep it around mainly because I like caliber conversions. Guns that are able to shoot multi calibers with a simple slide or barrel change appeal to me.

I too never liked the idea of selling my guns, but if you can fund something you'll like to shoot more you'd be silly not to. The 2022 will be a quick sale for you. My vote would be for a Browning Hi-Power as your next purchase.

Good Luck

uhlan1
11-29-2012, 11:57 PM
My safe is bursting and I still have 4 more coming. I traded a subcompact because i found I hated shooting them, but that's it. I have plenty of others I rarely or never shoot anymore, but I just can't bring myself to sell them. The SKS and MPA? Well, they're cool. The SR9, never shoot it but it's so dang pretty. So's the P228. Have a bunch like that.
Lot of money just sitting there. Never shoot the XD-45 Tactical, but it's such a good gun. Except for subcompacts, have every Glock there is just about but only shoot the 20, 34 and 35. Then i just had to get into CZ's.
Just can't bring myself to sell any of them.

I should get some professional help.

ruddogg
11-30-2012, 8:56 AM
I'm a Sig guy all the way, but have WANTED to like HK's, have bought and ended up selling the following... HK USPc .40, HK P2000 .40, HK USPf .45, HK45c. I just couldn't shoot & like the HK triggers enough to justify me keeping any of them. I'm still looking for the elusive polymer gun that I can shoot comparable to my Sigs.

So to answer your original question, IMHO sell your Sig that you can't shoot, and find something that you can.

phil conrad
11-30-2012, 8:59 AM
The only reason to sell a gun is to use the money for a better gun.

Freq18Hz
11-30-2012, 9:51 AM
I am thinking of selling my Sig SP2022 .40. I currently have my 1911, and xd 9. I am a very good shot with both of those. I am not GREAT with the .40. It just kicks hard, and I can't get that used to the sig trigger. I have never thought about selling guns, but I don't know if I want to keep a gun that I'm not that proficient with. I'm thinking about selling it, and getting another 9mm. My "night stand" gun is my xd 9 because I am lights out with it... Anyone else go through this dilemma? Any advice?

This is a perfectly reasonable, and often times wise decision.

That being said, you may find down the line as your skills improve that the gun you almost sold because you couldn't shoot it, is now your best friend.

-Freq

Virus55
11-30-2012, 10:17 AM
I thought i wouldnt ever give up a gun but i just wasent using it so i upgraded to something i would actually use

jdg30
11-30-2012, 8:17 PM
If you don't like it then sell it and use the money for another gun or trade it for one. I've sold several guns I wasn't into and traded a couple also. I don't ever spend money from selling a gun on anything other than another gun though.

I've sold a couple I regretted before so I bought another of the same model later. I've also sold several I didn't like and it was nice to make room by getting rid of the safe queens and getting something I really wanted instead.

If I were you I'd sell it and get what you really want.