PDA

View Full Version : California Governor Signs AB854 Into Law

MIKEUSMC2005
08-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Thursday, August 02, 2007

On Monday, July 30, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (D) signed Assembly Bill 854 into law.

Currently California law does not allow a firearm manufacturer or dealer to import into the state a handgun that is not listed on the California Department of Justice’s “not unsafe” roster list for the purpose of evaluation by a journalist. AB854 will create a system that will allow a loan to take place through a dealer and to be returned to the manufacturer through a dealer for the purpose of testing and evaluation by a publication

dfletcher
08-02-2007, 12:51 PM
OK, so it's not much of a bill - the CA based gun magazines will be able to review the latest $4,000.00 1911 if it doesn't have a mag safety. I hope this doesn't count as the Governor having signed a "progun bill" and he'll then give one to the Brady's by signing an antigun bill - such as microstamping - by way of being balanced.

bwiese
08-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Probably helps Petersen publications (Guns & Ammo, etc.) in the southland.

It may be helpful to all of us as it can be a base for further amendments in the future ;)

Always put your nose in the tent when you can!

StukaJr
08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (D), "D" means he is a democrat? Not that I care, but I always thought him to be a Republican...

It does sound like a "Pro" gun bill, other than it adds to instead of removing a useless law alltogether... Maybe it's a crack, but like another poster said - hopefully it's not cost for another anti-gun law being signed.

JALLEN
08-02-2007, 1:02 PM
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (D), "D" means he is a democrat? Not that I care, but I always thought him to be a Republican...

He is a Republican but he's been sleeping on the Kennedy's couch until he gets his act together.

MrTuffPaws
08-02-2007, 1:11 PM
He is a Republican but he's been sleeping on the Kennedy's couch until he gets his act together.

He was a republican, then got his *** handed to him in his special election. He fired his staff, hired a hard core democrat adviser to hire a new staff, and became a democrat in all be name.

Surveyor
08-02-2007, 1:23 PM
He was a republican, then got his *** handed to him in his special election. He fired his staff, hired a hard core democrat adviser to hire a new staff, and became a democrat in all be name.

Just because he hired Grey Davis' former chief of staff, and acts like a Democrat, and is a Kennedy, and....

Yeah I guess that you're right.

tacticalcity
08-02-2007, 2:16 PM
Hate to argue with you guys...but I like the Gov. No, he does not stand up to the anti-gunners enough...but he has done a lot to turn this State around. Remember, we were just about banrupt and you couldn't buy a job. I thought I was going to be stuck in my crappy job that I had at the time forever. A year later I've doubled my salary, and I get job offers every month. Arnold stands up to the unions. Most of his bad press comes from them. If he had any Democrat tendencies he would be pro-union and the teaches, nurses and cops would love him!

Davidwhitewolf
08-02-2007, 2:29 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the Governor's doing what he needs to do in order to remain viable for his run for the US Senate against Barbara Boxer. Little birdies tell me that's the general understanding in Sacramento, anyway.

With that in mind, I'm not going to bash him.

56Chevy
08-02-2007, 4:04 PM
Most of his bad press comes from them. If he had any Democrat tendencies he would be pro-union and the teaches, nurses and cops would love him!
That makes sense. The weirdos I work with usually hate him. I think he's doing the best he can, considering what he's dealing with.

chris
08-02-2007, 6:06 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the Governor's doing what he needs to do in order to remain viable for his run for the US Senate against Barbara Boxer. Little birdies tell me that's the general understanding in Sacramento, anyway.

With that in mind, I'm not going to bash him.

that would be great get rid of boxer finally then that leaves useless Feinstein. if he runs for senate i'll vote for him.

glockman19
08-02-2007, 6:11 PM
But who will be the next Gov? Antonio Villariagosa wants to be Gov. We can NOT let him get to that position. Who is a viable republican gov. Candidate?

tango-52
08-02-2007, 7:45 PM
How about the pro-CCW Sheriff of Orange County? That would be too much to hope for.

gazzavc
08-02-2007, 9:48 PM
D stands for democrat ?? I thought it stood for doofus IE: Dianne Feinstien (D) , Ted Kennedy (D) , Charles Schumer (D)

Well there goes that avenue of amusement:kest:

CCWFacts
08-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Congratulations, NRA, for helping get this bill through. Every victory is a victory. I'm more impressed with a small victory that happened than a large victory that didn't happen.

And yes, the rumors are, he'll be running against Boxer. That will be fantastic. I think he would have an excellent chance of unseating her, and she's among the worst (in my opinion) people in Senate. The only thing I don't like about him running for Senate is he won't be able to be our governor. I like our guv.

TKM
08-05-2007, 10:24 AM
SB50. Never forget.

CCWFacts
08-05-2007, 12:19 PM
SB50. Never forget.

Yup, he doesn't have a perfect A. Some people can distinguish gradations between good and bad, and some people can't see any grades between A and F. To me, a California governor who does sign one bill that creates an impotent ban on an obscure class of firearms is an acceptable compromise. Hello, we're in California, not Montana, so we're not going to get perfect here. If you want perfect, move.

I don't support any gun bans but I'm also realistic enough to understand what the realities are in this state. Arnie is so much better than Barbara Boxer, anyone who can't see that, there's no point in me trying to explain that.

supersonic
08-05-2007, 12:19 PM

Eeeewwww! could you imagine all the bodily fluids that have painted that couch over the years??!!!???? 'specially in the 1960's.:rofl2:
S.S.:43:

Draven
08-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Arnold stands up to the unions. Most of his bad press comes from them.

Which is funny, considering he is a member of at least one (SAG) if not two (& DGA) unions. And I bet he pays his dues like a good little boy, too.

TKM
08-05-2007, 8:38 PM
Yup, he doesn't have a perfect A. Some people can distinguish gradations between good and bad, and some people can't see any grades between A and F. To me, a California governor who does sign one bill that creates an impotent ban on an obscure class of firearms is an acceptable compromise. Hello, we're in California, not Montana, so we're not going to get perfect here. If you want perfect, move.

I don't support any gun bans but I'm also realistic enough to understand what the realities are in this state. Arnie is so much better than Barbara Boxer, anyone who can't see that, there's no point in me trying to explain that.

Well, that was helpful. Move, hmmm, well wish I'd thought of that before I'd spent all that money on an obscure class of firearms. If I were less polite I would suggest that your personal needs could be more easily met in xxx or xxx xxxxxxx xxx'x xxxxx, but like you said we're not gonna get perfect here.

Acceptable compromise is how we got to this point. Acceptable to whom?