PDA

View Full Version : John Jardine

lowend65
11-29-2012, 8:29 PM
I had the privilege of speaking with John Jardine today... was really impressed.

The sights on my Springfield EMP have been giving me issues and I was referred to Jardine by my favorite firearms instructor.
Considering the man is pretty much a legend in the gunsmithing/1911 community
I was surprised just how friendly Mr Jardine was on the phone and how willing he was to share information. I think he's found me a <$10 solution to a problem I was prepared to spend a few hundred dollars to fix. He could have just as easily sold me sights and a ton of labor.

It's rare to find a guy who's that knowledgeable and that willing to discuss "off the meter" in any business.

Most posts about gunsmiths tend to be from people who axes to grind. Call this the positive review of the day
http://www.jardinescustom.com/

Sheepdog1968
11-29-2012, 9:21 PM
I've taken a 1911 class from him and been in a training class with him. He's a top notch guy.

theneko
11-30-2012, 7:49 AM
I have an EMP as well - what solution did you end up with?

Sennasixty8
11-30-2012, 2:21 PM
I spoke with him this past tuesday, very open and straightforward. He's also booked til at least the beginning of Jan 13 for any 'new' work....

I'm looking forward to him fine tuning my wifes 1911 Colt in the near future.

lowend65
11-30-2012, 6:47 PM
I have an EMP as well - what solution did you end up with?
It hasn't worked yet... but John thinks it might be as simple as scraping off the surface of the front site and repainting.
He thinks we can maintain the factory trijicons and change the color.

IPSICK
12-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I spoke with him this past tuesday, very open and straightforward. He's also booked til at least the beginning of Jan 13 for any 'new' work....

He's actually taking on new work. That's changed since last I spoke with him.

iron330
12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
His Jardine's Extreme weapon grease is an awesome product as well.

www.valtrousa.com/jardinesextremegrease.html

NorCal Einstein
12-04-2012, 12:53 PM

Jan 2013 actually isn't that bad of a wait!

Hammerpair
12-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Great gunsmith, very knowledgable and all around great guy.

jessegpresley
12-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I've taken a 1911 maintenance class from him; a really personable man. Extremely knowledgeable. He is Armand Swenson's nephew, so I guess the gunsmith bug runs in the family.

NSR500
12-04-2012, 10:50 PM
John is a great guy. I use his grease and just got switched on to his new 'Tactical Hook' sights. Talk about top notch! He's selling them out of a few of the Bay Area shops.

ivanimal
12-04-2012, 10:51 PM
I was working in a gunstore he used to do work for. He saw an old rifle that was not cycling properly. None of us mere mortals could figure it out. without asking him he took it to his shop and came in the next day with it fixed. No charge. He said it was bothering him! Gotta love the shear love of his work. I really like John.

NorCal Einstein
12-05-2012, 9:38 AM
I was working in a gunstore he used to do work for. He saw an old rifle that was not cycling properly. None of us mere mortals could figure it out. without asking him he took it to his shop and came in the next day with it fixed. No charge. He said it was bothering him! Gotta love the shear love of his work. I really like John.

Those types of people are the best (and I'm not just talking about gunsmiths), ones that will go out of their way to complete or fix something just because "it bothers them". ;)

Ksmash01
12-05-2012, 9:45 AM
John is a cool guy....I got a chance to shoot with him a few times. He offered his expertise on one occasion, and since then it has made me a better shooter.

He was a bit apprehensive to approach me until he saw me shoot. I must have impressed him a little...

lowend65
12-14-2012, 4:10 PM
He was good enough to dab a little paint on my 1911's front sight. Man even his little stuff is well done

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5742/imag0634k.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/imag0634k.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)