PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Who bought all the guns from Bud's?

JackRydden224
11-29-2012, 2:02 PM
So Bud's came out with this awesome 12 mo no interest deal for purchases more than $500. I applied and I got approved right away. Great. But when I looked at their CA compliant guns, all the desirable guns (ala not Taurus) are all sold out.

Now, which one of my CGN bros bought all the guns?

Leave me some!!!

sd_shooter
11-29-2012, 3:21 PM
Keep checking, they will be back in stock at some point, and other times they just have problems with their website.

(I have the Bud's account as well - makes it sooooo easy to just 'click' and buy a gun!)

Freq18Hz
11-29-2012, 3:29 PM
I saw a news story today talking about record gun purchases on black friday. Could be that online retailers were also hit hard.

-Freq

corcoraj2002
11-29-2012, 3:40 PM
Yeah California alone had 10,000 dros's on black Friday.

91 whiskey 209
11-29-2012, 4:06 PM
Yeah, I got that offer emailed to me a couple of days ago. So I just click it and pick a local gun store to send it to? How much can I expect to add to the price quoted on the bgs website?

corcoraj2002
11-29-2012, 4:12 PM
FFL's can add what they want. My local charges $40 + DROS + TAX. Some charge up to $125 + DROS + TAX. You will need to contact your local FFL but it will be TAX + DROS + <whatever they want>

J.

dspiel
11-29-2012, 4:13 PM
Try grabagun or impactguns for similar pricing

corcoraj2002
11-29-2012, 4:15 PM
Try grabagun or impactguns for similar pricing

I think it was more the 12 month interest free offer he was interested in.

bsg
11-29-2012, 6:34 PM
not long ago, i saw a great older w german Sig on the online Buds site; of course, it was already sold.

91 whiskey 209
11-29-2012, 6:39 PM
FFL's can add what they want. My local charges $40 + DROS + TAX. Some charge up to $125 + DROS + TAX. You will need to contact your local FFL but it will be TAX + DROS + <whatever they want>

J.

Thanks, I figured it out. It seems my local shops have very similar prices. It'd actually be cheaper to just go buy the gun locally. Thanks again

91 whiskey 209
11-29-2012, 7:02 PM

J.

Thanks, I figured it out. It seems my local shops have very similar prices. It'd actually be cheaper to just go buy the gun locally. Thanks again

seainc
11-29-2012, 7:09 PM
On Buds How to search which guns are CA Legal? Thanks

lowend65
11-29-2012, 8:32 PM
I had a buddy who used them to get a very low production Sig... was extremely happy with the service.

unusedusername
11-29-2012, 8:42 PM
Sorry all, I bought all of them.

:D

elSquid
11-29-2012, 10:13 PM
They have a CA section.

I've bought a bunch of guns from Buds, so I'm happy buying from them...

...but honestly, the categorization on the website truly sucks. Guns are often in the wrong areas, manufacturers are sometimes spelled incorrectly, etc.

Examples: EAA rifles can be found under "EAA shotguns." If you go to look at "Sako rifles" there are only two, most of the Sako rifles are under "Beretta rifles". S&W revolvers are often in the S&W pistol section, and versa vicey.

And the CA legal gun section is missing a whole bunch of CA legal guns...like H&K for example.

If I'm buying a handgun from Buds, I have the roster open in one window and I'm searching for the item by SKU in another. ;)

-- Michael

trevorlc
11-30-2012, 5:30 AM
I saw a news story today talking about record gun purchases on black friday. Could be that online retailers were also hit hard.

-Freq

154,873 according to USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/11/26/black-friday-gun-sales/1727409/)

MIAMIbaseballer
11-30-2012, 5:34 AM

J.

I've never bought a gun in Ca, but how the hell can they charge tax on the gun if you're not buying it from them?.... Or are you talking about tax on the DROS and transfer fee?

gibbygoo
11-30-2012, 5:43 AM
I've never bought a gun in Ca, but how the hell can they charge tax on the gun if you're not buying it from them?.... Or are you talking about tax on the DROS and transfer fee?

When a gun is accepted by an FFL, it becomes their inventory. They are required to pay sales tax, so they pass that on to the consumer.

MIAMIbaseballer
11-30-2012, 5:44 AM
When a gun is accepted by an FFL, it becomes their inventory. They are required to pay sales tax, so they pass that on to the consumer.

That's a state law right? Because here in Miami, it's $20 to transfer no tax, no BS.....

bruss01
11-30-2012, 6:03 AM
Technically when you buy something out of state (online, mail-order) the retailer you buy it from is not obligated to collect the CA state sales tax - but technically you still owe it. There's a place on the state income tax form asking you about this and asking you to pay up. It's sort of an "honor system" that doesn't work very well because by the end of the year a lot of people "forget" about those things they bought online. This system previously made it advantageous on large ticket items (such as guns) to buy online and avoid the tax.

This all changed within the past year when the BOE decided that even though the local FFL is not technically selling you anything, he IS inside the state so they decided to shake them down to collect tax on items they did not sell, but simply processed paperwork for. It seems BOE felt they were not getting enough money, so they bent the rules far enough to put someone on the hook for that money. That person is the FFL you dros the firearm through, who of course will have to collect it from you the purchaser.

They shook down Amazon.com too - forced them to radically change their business model. They're still in business, and there were actually some plus sides to that arrangement. And FFL's still do make internet gun sales. But it's not the land-office business it was before, I'll bet.

MIAMIbaseballer
11-30-2012, 7:06 AM
Well that's sucks..... No reason to buy online in Ca unless its unavailable in your area.

Apec
11-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Well that's sucks..... No reason to buy online in Ca unless its unavailable in your area.

Pretty much. These taxes are just silly. Already got DROS on top of transfer, and even transfers are pretty pricey from what I've seen.

corcoraj2002
11-30-2012, 11:14 AM
I thought it was a collected as a use tax. It sucks, when I was building my AR, I decided to buy the lower local and all the other parts out of state as you save the tax, at lease until I declared it on my tax return *cough*.

JackRydden224
11-30-2012, 4:46 PM
The 12mo interest free deal is exactly what I'm after.

I guess I'm gonna have to wait until things are back in stock.

bsg
11-30-2012, 5:40 PM
i've had my heart broken twice; once, when my old pit 'Fester' (RIP) decided he liked my girlfriend more than me... and second, when i was declined on the Buds gun purchase credit plan.