PDA

View Full Version : We really P.O.d some guys wife last night...

Fate
08-02-2007, 7:49 AM
Last night I was up at Angeles with some friends from the Bay area and a couple locals, shooting a multitude of rifles. There was another shooter down the line who's wife/gf was just sitting at one of the benches watching her man shoot. It was pretty crowded, so losing one table just to a spectator was annoying. We got even though by throwing hot brass from a WASR AK and an AR-15 onto her. Boy she got pissed! It wasn't intentional, but no way were we putting up a screen to placate a bench hog.

The muzzle blast from a M44 Mosin and a SVT40 sealed the deal and got her to move behind the line.

We were so mean.

:D

rksimple
08-02-2007, 7:54 AM
I guess thats one way to get rid of bench hogs. I had a mini14 ranch rifle that would launch brass into the next county. I'm sure it would've worked well in these situations.:D

Mute
08-02-2007, 8:13 AM
Did you ever consider just asking politely if you can use some of that bench space? Next thing you know, we're going to have a post about some jerks at Angeles that peppered a lady with hot brass.

Greg-Dawg
08-02-2007, 8:15 AM
Did you ever consider just asking politely if you can use some of that bench space? Next thing you know, we're going to have a post about some jerks at Angeles that peppered a lady with hot brass.

Exactly!

FNC80
08-02-2007, 8:32 AM

Being passive-aggressive is easier?

scewper
08-02-2007, 9:08 AM
I guess thats one way to get rid of bench hogs. I had a mini14 ranch rifle that would launch brass into the next county. I'm sure it would've worked well in these situations.:D

Haha yeah, mini14s are ridiculous.

tankerman
08-02-2007, 9:57 AM
I've been next to guys that spray brass all over the bench next to them and don't give a squat about anyone else (even when they have been asked nicely). I bring my ported 454 revolver along just for those occasions. I fire it off sand bags which puts the porting on the barrel in line with the jerk on the offending bench and squeeze the trigger when ever he looks ready to fire. Works great, I can get a guy to develop a flinch for a gun he's not even shooting. He's lucky to even hit the target and usually gets the point or leaves

ghostwong
08-02-2007, 9:58 AM
I did that once at Angeles, launch hot brass towards the shooter beside me. I asked for forgivenss and he was nice about it. We shot each other rifles and departed as friends. Better than having a butt stock to the back of my head. Being nice is always the best!

ibanezfoo
08-02-2007, 10:05 AM
I felt bad last time I fired my mini14 at Burro. Apparently I kept nailing some guys next to me. My wife said they were just laughing and trying to ninja deflect with their hands and backs. Lucky for me they weren't jerks or anything. I've only ever fired it in the desert and never paid any attention to the flying brass from that rifle before.

-Bryan

rksimple
08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I've been next to guys that spray brass all over the bench next to them and don't give a squat about anyone else (even when they have been asked nicely). I bring my ported 454 revolver along just for those occasions. I fire it off sand bags which puts the porting on the barrel in line with the jerk on the offending bench and squeeze the trigger when ever he looks ready to fire. Works great, I can get a guy to develop a flinch for a gun he's not even shooting. He's lucky to even hit the target and usually gets the point or leaves

I hear ya'. I never shot that one at any ranges as i was just a teenager when I had it out shootin' in the desert. I was at Chabot when I was living in the Bay Area and a dude was shooting a ranch rifle about 4 benches down. I kept getting nailed and I didn't see any screens to help me out. I didn't say anything because I guessed it was just the nature of the beast. But I agree, those who do it and don't care, even after being asked, deserve a healthy dose of muzzleblast.:D

Fjold
08-02-2007, 10:24 AM
If I'm getting peppered with brass from someone who won't correct it, I break out the left handed Stag with the compensator and give them the best of both worlds.

Fate
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Well as I said, the brass peppering was accidental. It wasn't until she began to get pissy (how DARE we hit her with brass!) that we noticed she was hogging a bench and just watching (never shooting).

And by then she was so twisted up it was just too much fun to poke the beehive some more (with the SVT40 and M44 muzzle blasts) until she caved and retreated behind the line.

We really didn't go out of our way to hit her with the brass. But as a non-shooter on the line, her over the top overreaction kinda made us not care. Yeah, I was a bad man.

1911su16b870
08-02-2007, 11:53 AM
I did that once at Angeles, launch hot brass towards the shooter beside me. I asked for forgivenss and he was nice about it. We shot each other rifles and departed as friends. Better than having a butt stock to the back of my head. Being nice is always the best!

+1 :grouphug:

chickenfried
08-02-2007, 12:24 PM
I could see getting upset if a guy was showering you with brass on purpose. But if it's just a normal range day, it's a pretty pansy thing to complain about brass hitting you. Even worse if you try and drive them off.

tankerman
08-02-2007, 12:33 PM
I could see getting upset if a guy was showering you with brass on purpose. But if it's just a normal range day, it's a pretty pansy thing to complain about brass hitting you. Even worse if you try and drive them off.
I have kids and having hot brass put down their shirt and getting burned is not what I consider a normal day at the range. I must be one very big Pansy. Hope you don't reload cause with that attitude your brass would have nothing but flat necks as soon as I saw you trying to pick them up it would a race to see how many I could squash, watch your fingers. But then if hot brass showers are your thing then muzzle blast or left hand ejection shouldn't bother you at all.

justinLB
08-02-2007, 12:36 PM
two weeks ago I was shooting my xd-9 with some friends in the desert. Then my chick starts running around screaming and pulling her shirt down. Seems I 2nd degree burnt her titty pretty bad with a 9mm handload.

CSACANNONEER
08-02-2007, 12:39 PM
This is why EVERYONE needs a left handed and a right handed upper. That way you can throw brass either direction depending on the your current tactical needs.

chickenfried
08-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes I have gotten hot brass down my shirt and one even lodged in my eye protection. So what the guy didn't do it on purpose.

From your post it sounds like you're the one with the attitude problem :rolleyes:

I have kids and having hot brass put down their shirt and getting burned is not what I consider a normal day at the range. I must be one very big Pansy. Hope you don't reload cause with that attitude your brass would have nothing but flat necks as soon as I saw you trying to pick them up it would a race to see how many I could squash, watch your fingers. But then if hot brass showers are your thing then muzzle blast or left hand ejection shouldn't bother you at all.

sardaukar
08-02-2007, 5:01 PM

Are you serious? It's inevitable that you'll be hit with ejected brass. :confused:

38aht
08-02-2007, 5:54 PM
Hell, I thought dodging hot brass was part of the fun of shooting. Now I find out that you guys don't like it.....man, I have a lot to learn.:p

M. Sage
08-02-2007, 6:07 PM
Are you serious? It's inevitable that you'll be hit with ejected brass. :confused:

Lol, shoot a 1911. You'll wind up getting your OWN brass down your shirt.

redneckshootist
08-02-2007, 6:07 PM
I have axcedently hit people with hot brass and I have been hit by it. there isn't much you can do unless you put on some type of brass catcher. I usally do so I can save my brass and they work on rifles pretty good but the handguns they don't do so well. I have never had a problem with it nor deos most I run into. I ignore it when I get hit and it dont affect my shooting.

Wild Bill
08-02-2007, 8:19 PM

Hell I thought that was why I bought my mini14 ranch. So that I could clear some bench room when necessary.:D

:36:

tankerman
08-02-2007, 9:26 PM
Yes I have gotten hot brass down my shirt and one even lodged in my eye protection. So what the guy didn't do it on purpose.

From your post it sounds like you're the one with the attitude problem :rolleyes:
My attitude comes from people like yourself that have no respect for others if it gets in the way of your fun

chickenfried
08-02-2007, 9:32 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1337/993866038_2e1f8aab58.jpg
You sound like the kind of guy that would take up two benches, one for your equipment and another to shoot.

My attitude comes from people like yourself that have no respect for others if it gets in the way of your fun

tankerman
08-02-2007, 9:56 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1337/993866038_2e1f8aab58.jpg
You sound like the kind of guy that would take up two benches, one for your equipment and another to shoot.
Where do you come up with this crap? Just making stuff. You just showed your true colors.
In case you want to know which guy at the range I am. I'm the one that brings his 4 year old down to tach him to shoot his 22 and we walk around and talk to all the old timers, you know the respectful people. The ones I want my son to learn from. No need for you to introduce yourself, I bet we can pick you out by your behavior
The fact that you are supporting the position of the person that started this thread "we really PO'd some guys wife" tells me all I need to know about you

kantstudien
08-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Being passive-aggressive is easier?

True dat! :p

gobabygo
08-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Crowded day at the Angeles? Need some more space? That's why my 50BMG always comes with me. I never have to ask people to leave (though I do warn them that it will be loud) and it never fails to clear out at least the 2 benches on either side.

Getting hit by brass on a crowded range is unavoidable. Heck, I've been burned enough times by my own brass. But kinda doing it intentionally is not cool. One of the first times I was at Angeles I was peppering the guy to my right without even knowing it. He was real nice though and put up the screen for me. I apologized and he was totally cool about it but I now check where my brass is landing since that is not how I'd like to be treated. Again though, not really an issue with my BMG :D

chickenfried
08-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Doesn't sound like very respectful behavior to show kids, just because some brass inadvertently comes their way. I'd hate to see what you'd do if someone's firing a gun that produces too much smoke or is too loud for your taste.

I don't know if you're temper is like this in person. If it is I'm not sure you should be trusted with a gun.

tankerman
08-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Doesn't sound like very respectful behavior to show kids, just because some brass inadvertently comes their way. I'd hate to see what you'd do if someone's firing a gun that produces too much smoke or is too loud for your taste.

I don't know if you're temper is like this in person. If it is I'm not sure you should be trusted with a gun.
You're pathetic. I really feel sorry for you.

FatKatMatt
08-02-2007, 10:33 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c257/theblackwhirlwind/seriousbusiness.jpg

Kestryll
08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Okay, knock it off both of you.

Chickenfried, regardless of the provocation the sarcasm doesn't help and niether does the 'Pansy' comment. Let's keep this from getting personal.
Let this one go and move on.

Tankerman, frankly when I saw your comment about trying to cause someone to flinch my thought was 'what a jerk'.
Chickenfried's response, while worded a bit harshly, is really not that unexpected when you claim to be maliciously trying to distract or disuade another shooter on a range.
And how much respect are you showing when you intentionally try to ruin someone else's day at the range?
How would you react to my lighting off a .500S&W everytime your kid tried to fire his .22? I suspect you'd be pretty ticked off, so why would you do it to others and be okay with it?
Hope you don't reload cause with that attitude your brass would have nothing but flat necks as soon as I saw you trying to pick them up it would a race to see how many I could squash, watch your fingers.
Is this a threat or just more of your 'respect' for your fellow shooters? Think hard on that answer, threats don't fly well around here.

tankerman
08-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Okay, knock it off both of you.

Chickenfried, regardless of the provocation the sarcasm doesn't help and niether does the 'Pansy' comment. Let's keep this from getting personal.
Let this one go and move on.

Tankerman, frankly when I saw your comment about trying to cause someone to flinch my thought was 'what a jerk'.
Chickenfried's response, while worded a bit harshly, is really not that unexpected when you claim to be maliciously trying to distract or disuade another shooter on a range.

And how much respect are you showing when you intentionally try to ruin someone else's day at the range?
How would you react to my lighting off a .500S&W everytime your kid tried to fire his .22? I suspect you'd be pretty ticked off, so why would you do it to others and be okay with it?

Is this a threat or just more of your 'respect' for your fellow shooters? Think hard on that answer, threats don't fly well around here.
I if you would PLEASE notice that I said "after asking nicely". Sorry you don't agree with me, but several others do, as you can see by people saying they whip out their left handed AR's and 50 cal's. Idiots that can't figure out for themselves that squeezing off 500 rounds and having hot brass ejected all over a father trying to teach his and son to shoot does not deserve respect. Seems fairly obvious to me that you've got CF's back, regardless of how this thread really reads.
Malicious? How about taste of own medicine. You may not agree with that.
No where in my posts did I indicate that I just show up at the range to ruin peoples day with my 454. It almost seems as though you intentionally took it out of context by ignoring the full body of the statement.
Do you think it is OK to spray people with hot brass??? Accidents happen, that's not what this is about, this is about guys that just don't care about others at the range. I suspect you know that though

Kestryll
08-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Chickenfried:
"it's a pretty pansy thing"
"it sounds like you're the one with the attitude problem"

Tankerman:
"Hope you don't reload cause with that attitude your brass would have nothing but flat necks as soon as I saw you trying to pick them up it would a race to see how many I could squash, watch your fingers."
"people like yourself that have no respect for others"
"Where do you come up with this crap? Just making stuff. You just showed your true colors."
"You're pathetic."
"I bet we can pick you out by your behavior"

The only criteria for my statements is watching who is making the majority of the rude comments and threats and who isn't.

Being a father at a range does not absolve you of being courteous or grant you respect, courtesy should come regardless of the actions of other and respect is earned.

Yes, several people commented about left handed ARs and .50's just as several people commented that flung brass is part of being at the range.

I do find it odd that you chastise others for "..supporting the position of the person that started this thread "we really PO'd some guys wife".." while telling how you do the same thing if some one annoys you. Both actions are detrimental to shooting sports and gun owners as they either drive off new shooters or drive wedges between current shooters.

The sad part is that niether of you would probably have a problem if you ran in to each other at a range and didn't know who the other one was.

tankerman
08-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Chickenfried:
"it's a pretty pansy thing"
"it sounds like you're the one with the attitude problem"

Tankerman:
"Hope you don't reload cause with that attitude your brass would have nothing but flat necks as soon as I saw you trying to pick them up it would a race to see how many I could squash, watch your fingers."
"people like yourself that have no respect for others"
"Where do you come up with this crap? Just making stuff. You just showed your true colors."
"You're pathetic."
"I bet we can pick you out by your behavior"

The only criteria for my statements is watching who is making the majority of the rude comments and threats and who isn't.

Being a father at a range does not absolve you of being courteous or grant you respect, courtesy should come regardless of the actions of other and respect is earned.

Yes, several people commented about left handed ARs and .50's just as several people commented that flung brass is part of being at the range.

I do find it odd that you chastise others for "..supporting the position of the person that started this thread "we really PO'd some guys wife".." while telling how you do the same thing if some one annoys you. Both actions are detrimental to shooting sports and gun owners as they either drive off new shooters or drive wedges between current shooters.

The sad part is that niether of you would probably have a problem if you ran in to each other at a range and didn't know who the other one was.
If you are qualifing your position with the quantity or rude comments then i should point out that you missed several others by your friend CF.
"you are the kind of guy that would take two benches"
"Not sure if you should be trusted with a gun"
and he comments on what respectful IS regarding the way I raise my children

leelaw
08-03-2007, 12:03 AM
If you are qualifing your position with the quantity or rude comments then i should point out that you missed several others by your friend CF.
"you are the kind of guy that would take two benches"
"Not sure if you should be trusted with a gun"
and he comments on what respectful IS regarding the way I raise my children

Knock it off, tankerman. That's two.

Kestryll
08-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I saw them, more to the point I saw them in context.
"you are the kind of guy that would take two benches" was actually

And "Not sure if you should be trusted with a gun" was more like this

Also "he comments on what respectful IS regarding the way I raise my children" was like this
Doesn't sound like very respectful behavior to show kids, just because some brass inadvertently comes their way.

Yes, I saw them, in context and as they applied to what they were responding to. None of that measures up to
as I saw you trying to pick them up it would a race to see how many I could squash, watch your fingers.

Now, because you are so certain that I have a bias and because I have involved myself in this thread I will step away from the Moderating aspects of it entirely. I will not edit, delete or close anything, save for responding to anyone making a massive rules violation like posting a death threat or a post full of obscenities of course.
If any action is taken it will be up to the Moderators at their discretion, if they need to consult anyone they will consult the other admin not me.

I will still share my opinions on why I disagree with you but that is all.

tankerman
08-03-2007, 12:31 AM
I saw them, more to the point I saw them in context.
"you are the kind of guy that would take two benches" was actually

And "Not sure if you should be trusted with a gun" was more like this

Also "he comments on what respectful IS regarding the way I raise my children" was like this

Yes, I saw them, in context and as they applied to what they were responding to. None of that measures up to

Now, because you are so certain that I have a bias and because I have involved myself in this thread I will step away from the Moderating aspects of it entirely. I will not edit, delete or close anything, save for responding to anyone making a massive rules violation like posting a death threat or a post full of obscenities of course.
If any action is taken it will be up to the Moderators at their discretion, if they need to consult anyone they will consult the other admin not me.

I will still share my opinions on why I disagree with you but that is all.
Well what you chose to ommit look like insults to me. So you see them in context. Could you please explain the context then. Where does the bench comment come from?
Where did I ever say I would act negatively towards another for brass inadvertantly flying my way?
I never suggested these things, thats why they are insulting.
And the stepping on brass was a tongue in cheek comment.
Kest could you please tell me why my last post drew the ire of Leelaw?
Am I not allowed open discussion with you. There was nothing insulting in that post.

6172crew
08-03-2007, 7:02 AM
I think Lee is just as bent as I am that 2 or 3 of our members cant just let the whole thread blow over and die, Kest has pointed out that there are 2 sides but doesnt want to see things get out of hand but instead of saying "Fine" we are still arguing about it.:beatdeadhorse5:

Knock it off in Marine aviation mean "disengage" from your friendly dog fight...that includes everyone. If your bent at one of the mods then a PM goes alot further. hint,hint.;)

Back on topic:
Who was it that that took a mini14 case to the nose at the first Chabot BBQ? That thing beaned me in my grape so hard I saw stars.:owned: Dave something or other had a cut right on the side of the nose.

ivanimal
08-03-2007, 8:15 AM
Well what you chose to ommit look like insults to me. So you see them in context. Could you please explain the context then. Where does the bench comment come from?
Where did I ever say I would act negatively towards another for brass inadvertantly flying my way?
I never suggested these things, thats why they are insulting.
And the stepping on brass was a tongue in cheek comment.
Kest could you please tell me why my last post drew the ire of Leelaw?
Am I not allowed open discussion with you. There was nothing insulting in that post.

I think the reaction and subsequent comments were indeed rude and inappropriate. The original poster is trying hard to prove that being rude, although innocently at first is OK. There is no excuse for looking for trouble. That is why Tankermans comments, which were based on emotion, end up in the same place as the OP's. Chickenfried although I understand your thinking, there is really no basis for defending rudeness. Arguing who is right here is absurd. I think this thread has seen its end.

rkt88edmo
08-03-2007, 9:01 AM
is this where the party for moderators was supposed to be?

:biggrinjester:

who is wronger & wrongest - always a favorite debate.

P.S. - to all involved and anyone else reading, the moderators aren't "against you" or trying to censor your opinion, we just want to keep things civil, don't sweat it.

Kestryll
08-03-2007, 9:25 AM
Tankerman, open discussion is definitely allowed, I suspect the biggest issue is that we should have taken it to PMs.
Yes I mean 'we', I should no more have keep things going on the open board then you.

The concerns I addressed in your posts are still valid and have been addressed, what follows does not affect that at all.

However, in part some of this does rest with me.
In addition to posting a warning about the behavior of both of you I continued in to responding to the post and your reply.
Those should have been at least put in separate posts so as to delineate the difference.

I stand by both the warnings and my posted views but should have taken more care to insure that the separation was readily apparent.

If you wish to continue this discussion via PM by all mens, do so or we can just move forward from here. Either way works for me.