PDA

View Full Version : Special Thanks to The Calguns Foundation

CitaDeL
11-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I wanted to take the time to express my gratitude to The Calguns Foundation- specifically for the efforts of Brandon Combs and Jason Davis.

For those who were not aware of my background, I was licensed to carry in Shasta County first, in the 1990's by Jim Pope. In 2007, my license to carry concealed was revoked by Sheriff Tom Bosenko ostensibly for police contact while lawfully carrying exposed in Redding.

In 2011, I re-applied with the Shasta County Sheriff's office and was denied. A subsequent attempt to apply under SB610 revisions earlier this year was thwarted - my application flatly being refused by the records department staff.

It was with the hard work, persistance, and assitance of Brandon and Jason, that I now hold a valid California license to carry.

The tangible wins beyond the issuance of a license are;

License fees due were paid only upon issuance of the license.(Per SB610)
Fees for LiveScan/DOJ having been previously paid, were not required for a subsequent re-application.(PC26185)
No documentation for proof of residency was provided or necessary.
Self-defense was accepted as 'good cause' - no other statement was necessary.

While my trouble was not ground-breaking or precedent setting litigation, the results are representative of the resolve of The Calguns Foundation has in supporting and defending gunowners. Thank you for all you do.

DFF
11-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Excellent. That's great to hear. :)

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 11:43 AM
:thumbsup:

Gray Peterson
11-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Next time someone name calls CGF or craps all over their volunteers, you folks point them to this thread.

We get results.

thedrickel
11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Have any rooms available for rent in Shasta County?

hornswaggled
11-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Great win! It truly is amazing how much effort LEAs will put into stonewalling law abiding citizens from exercising their rights. CGF are a Godsend and will be getting a Christmas donation next week.

hawk1
11-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Next time someone name calls CGF or craps all over their volunteers, you folks point them to this thread.

We get results.

Singularly or for the masses?..:confused:

Gray Peterson
11-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Do I stutter?

taperxz
11-29-2012, 1:06 PM
CitaDel, In your sig, it would be nice to see it read, "DENIED, no longer"

hawk1
11-29-2012, 1:28 PM
Do I stutter?

What? I asked a simple question.

If that's all you have then thanks for the info...

tenpercentfirearms
11-29-2012, 1:34 PM

We definitely had nothing to do with stopping SB249. We also don't have any pending court cases either. :rolleyes:

Gray Peterson
11-29-2012, 1:37 PM

considering Citadel already stated how the process has been improved for all Shasta county resident, it should be self evident that it helps individuals & the masses.

Guess not.

hornswaggled
11-29-2012, 1:40 PM

Still enjoying your semi-auto rifles?

hawk1
11-29-2012, 1:41 PM
considering Citadel already stated how the process has been improved for all Shasta county resident, it should be self evident that it helps individuals & on the whole.

Guess not.

Yeah, I read where he mentioned Shasta County, you said "we get results". I was merely asking if you were being specific for other counties as well.

If you'd rather be a smartass then don't bother replying...

taperxz
11-29-2012, 1:46 PM
Yeah, I read where he mentioned Shasta County, you said "we get results". I was merely asking if you were being specific for other counties as well.

If you'd rather be a smartass then don't bother replying...

CGF has helped many counties refine and better the LTC application and issuance policies in this state. I'm from one of those counties! There are only so many VOLUNTEERS to help with this.

The question is, what have you done to help others in YOUR county?

Coded-Dude
11-29-2012, 1:47 PM
Come on guys, lets not crap on this great thread. Congrats to citadel for your patience, and great job goes out to CGF for the persistence to help ALL Californians as much as possible with regards to firearm rights and abuses against those rights.

aermotor
11-29-2012, 1:48 PM
Very awesome.

hawk1
11-29-2012, 1:56 PM
CGF has helped many counties refine and better the LTC application and issuance policies in this state. I'm from one of those counties! There are only so many VOLUNTEERS to help with this.

The question is, what have you done to help others in YOUR county?

That's just it. We, or I, signed up at CGF's post for help over a year ago and still have heard nothing, other than 'one county at a time'. Some of the other talk was to not do anything until it was coordinated with or told to by email or phone. Yet nothing. I didn't "sponsor" the county so maybe that was why? So the only other thing going at that time was helping the good sheriff from Oregon. Which I did.
Riverside County has done nothing to follow the law based on the threads I have read here that included their denials.

Rock6.3
11-29-2012, 2:06 PM
That's just it. We, or I, signed up at CGF's post for help over a year ago and still have heard nothing, other than 'one county at a time'. Some of the other talk was to not do anything until it was coordinated with or told to by email or phone. Yet nothing. I didn't "sponsor" the county so maybe that was why? So the only other thing going at that time was helping the good sheriff from Oregon. Which I did.
Riverside County has done nothing to follow the law based on the threads I have read here that included their denials.

Hawk. Please don't rain on this celebration thread.

Your point is valid and shared by others (including me) but take it to another thread please.

To the OP: Congratulations and thank you for your efforts!

hawk1
11-29-2012, 2:14 PM
Hawk. Please don't rain on this celebration thread.

Your point is valid and shared by others (including me) but take it to another thread please.

To the OP: Congratulations and thank you for your efforts!

Not trying to do that. I have family in Shasta County (Redding and PaloCedro), so it is very important to me as well.

Gray Peterson
11-29-2012, 2:37 PM
Not trying to do that. I have family in Shasta County (Redding and PaloCedro), so it is very important to me as well.

Have them apply.

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 3:10 PM

We get results.

It seems both, but some counties have been easier.

Sacramento...

it should be interesting to hear, or read, how the argument goes on 12/6....

taperxz
11-29-2012, 3:15 PM
It seems both, but some counties have been easier.

Sacramento...

it should be interesting to hear, or read, how the argument goes on 12/6....

Some counties have changed their ways quietly without a whisper on CGN due to the actions of CGF. In some cases all it took was for a sheriff to see what has happened to other counties in court or with the thought of being taken to court after taking a good review of the current CA laws. Many sheriffs had no idea how out of whack their system was. (its never been an issue until CGF rattled some cages)

CitaDeL
11-29-2012, 4:03 PM
Some counties have changed their ways quietly without a whisper on CGN due to the actions of CGF. In some cases all it took was for a sheriff to see what has happened to other counties in court or with the thought of being taken to court after taking a good review of the current CA laws. Many sheriffs had no idea how out of whack their system was. (its never been an issue until CGF rattled some cages)

And some Sheriffs would have assumed that they couldnt be a target based upon their history of issuance.

CitaDel, In your sig, it would be nice to see it read, "DENIED, no longer"

Yeah, copy that.

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 4:13 PM
And some Sheriffs would have assumed that they couldnt be a target based upon their history of issuance.

There are efforts to bring the sheriff's with a "history of issuance" into compliance with the law too. But that is being done in a gentle manner (for CGF), there is no reason to get into a battle with a Sheriff who issues...

shortyforty
11-29-2012, 4:15 PM
Great victory! Congrats Citadel and CGF! Many, many thanks for all that you do CGF!

taperxz
11-29-2012, 4:23 PM

Yeah, copy that.

NO NO NO, It would be nice to see the words "DENIED, NO LONGER":D

cindynles
11-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Congrats! I just sent another check to the CGF, they really are doing great work for California gun owners. Hopefully my county (Riverside) will see the light soon and I can remove "Denied" from my signature. Until then I'll keep sending money so they can keep up the good fight. Its great to see progress being made.

mag360
11-30-2012, 7:21 AM
Nice progress for Shasta!

paul0660
11-30-2012, 7:34 AM
Do I stutter?

Do you talk to judges with that mouth? I doubt it. Take 20 seconds longer to reply with courtesy, I will pay the billable. You are doing a great job, and aren't God.

I know a little about Citadel's situation, and it is a great job all around.

Window_Seat
11-30-2012, 11:57 AM
I never could understand why a good thread has to go bad. :(

This is a result of good work on a good foundation setting, but it helps immensely to have volunteers with a good attitude as well, and it's very evident here that good attitudes prevailed.

Gura stated a while back that the type of people we need for our side are NOT the ones who go around lecturing others about how life sucks.

Congrats CitaDeL! :thumbsup:

Erik.

GOEX FFF
11-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Excellent, congrats! And this is why I donate when I can. :thumbsup: Brandon, Jason, CGF et al.

moleculo
11-30-2012, 3:15 PM
Have them apply.

Shouldn't the "Shasta" thread in the initiative forum be updated then? It's been almost 2 months since the last post. Without the relevant communication, it's rather difficult for the casual (or even avid) reader to understand whether the effort made by CGF for Citadel was done on an individual basis or is the platform by which other Shasta residents can benefit.

wildhawker
11-30-2012, 3:27 PM
Shouldn't the "Shasta" thread in the initiative forum be updated then? It's been almost 2 months since the last post. Without the relevant communication, it's rather difficult for the casual (or even avid) reader to understand whether the effort made by CGF for Citadel was done on an individual basis or is the platform by which other Shasta residents can benefit.

If you feel like actually contributing, please do go ahead and relate that information as you would like to see it done.

-Brandon

Capybara
11-30-2012, 3:29 PM
Congratulations and great work CGF!

moleculo
11-30-2012, 3:35 PM
If you feel like actually contributing, please do go ahead and relate that information as you would like to see it done.

-Brandon

I will, but I not in a position to speak for CGF. But I'll include in the post that you told me I could THIS time :)

taperxz
11-30-2012, 3:43 PM

Are you disappointed that the success CGF had in this role with CitaDel? Or just upset that it didn't happen to someone in LA county. Just asking.

Rock6.3
11-30-2012, 3:46 PM
Are you disappointed that the success CGF had in this role with CitaDel? Or just upset that it didn't happen to someone in LA county. Just asking.

As I read it he is commenting that the Shasta data needs an update.
No reference to LA was made...

wildhawker
11-30-2012, 4:04 PM
I will, but I not in a position to speak for CGF. But I'll include in the post that you told me I could THIS time :)

Seriously, we can use the help and it is appreciated. If you would like to dive in a bit more, Howard can dial you into things.

Best,

-Brandon

Ryan_D
12-01-2012, 12:04 AM
I think for Merced County the Sheriff might assume "If anyone comes after me, we'll stonewall them, delay, avoid and drag it out, then relent a little at the end, and use the Old Boys network to avoid having to change our 'A Donation To My Re-election Campign Greatly Improves Your Chances of CCW Success' ways." LOL

To the OP Congratulations!

Mg911guy
12-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Congrats Citadel and CGF!

DeanW66
12-01-2012, 8:29 AM
Congrats for the 'victory' Citadel and Foundation!

voiceofreason
12-01-2012, 8:36 AM
GREAT to hear!

Brandon is SO hardworking.

Davis is awesome!