PDA

View Full Version : Extended Slide Release?

helpme
11-28-2012, 9:59 PM
Where can I find an extended slide release for a CZ75 SA?

Edit: Just a note to all potential responders... I have absolutely no welding capabilities!

JeremyS
11-28-2012, 10:29 PM
http://czcustom.com/CZ_slide_stops.aspx

http://shop.cz-usa.com/C-117/FULL-SIZE.aspx

^^^ if there are other options, I'm not familiar with them.

Czsp-01-9mm
11-29-2012, 1:02 AM
Could always just buy a standerded one and weld a another piece to it, to extended it,

schmeky
11-29-2012, 5:13 AM
Just use one from a Shadow. Although not on my website (yet), it's a very good choice. I stock these.

Cajun Gun Works

railroader
11-29-2012, 5:47 AM
Just use one from a Shadow. Although not on my website (yet), it's a very good choice. I stock these.

Cajun Gun Works

I have a 75sa and a sp-01 shadow. I'm pretty sure the safety on the 75sa will hit the shadow slide stop when the safety is applied. I put the shadow slide on the 75sa once in a while and I have to watch which slide stop I use.

helpme
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM

Cajun Gun Works

Is this David?

If so... I wish I knew that was an option when you had my CZ last week!

I'm waiting to get out to the range for a day and do a full review on the competition hammer and sights but so far I am BLOWN AWAY.

I highly recommend CAJUN GUN WORKS (www.cajungunworks.com):patriot:.

The level of work David is doing over there combined with his 1-2 week turn around time is truly unbelievable. It literally took me longer to get my CZ shipped out through my FFL than it took for David to receive, modify, and ship back!

CGW has absolutely raised the bar when it comes to CZ after market modifications, that is a fact.

JeremyS
11-30-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm waiting to get out to the range for a day and do a full review on the competition hammer and sights but so far I am BLOWN AWAY.

The rear sight is great! (I already had a F/O front one so I just got a rear from CGW) Used it for the first time in a competition yesterday and I shot very well. The notch is nice and wide and the sight doesn't distract the eye from the front one. The angles are sharp and crisp and the serrations make it less shiny and eye-catching. I found it easier than before to keep track of the front sight and know exactly when it was in the notch. In fact, only a small handful of people got better points on accuracy regardless of class, and I had the highest score in Minor. I had a bunch of double tap groups under 2" from 10 to 15 yards dead center in the A zone. What it actually means is that I have to speed up now :laugh:.... average group sizes could easily more than double and remain in the A zone.

Downside. It's sharp. Like, the corners are sharp due to the really accurate machining and the aggressive serrations. I have a couple legit scratches (not quite cuts, but not far from it) on the inside of my right forearm from touching the sight while the gun was in my holster, and it bit me pretty good on my support hand middle finger knuckle when I was going to rack the slide in a hurry. I think I grazed the corner of the sight as I was putting my hand over the slide. Not really sure how it happened exactly, but that one left me bleeding.

So I give it a 9.5 out of 10. It lost 1 point for wounding me in multiple places but it gained half of it back because the precise machining helped my shooting. I'll just try to avoid grazing the corners :)

schmeky
12-01-2012, 4:25 PM
helpme,

Thanks, I appreciate that, BTW, yes, it's me.

JeremyS,

Good points . . . I'm listening and what you said makes perfect sense. Looks like I'll be smoothing up the sharp edges. Let me know if I need to send you another sight.

You have confirmed the feedback from others, the serration design seems to be improving scores. But, I gotta' stop the bleeding - not good :cool2:

JeremyS
12-01-2012, 4:48 PM
Hahaha I really don't care. Wounds or not, it's a great sight. But it truly did take a chunk out of my knuckle :laugh: ...IF changes are made, I believe it's where the high parts of the serrations meet the top outside corners and create some pretty sharp points. I'd assume it would be possible to smooth out the outside edge basically all-around, but stop any smoothing before the notch so all 4 corners of the notch are as sharp as they can be...