PDA

View Full Version : Loud Spring Noise in Glock

rmatt
11-28-2012, 8:44 PM
I have a glock 34 that I bought new in Sept of this year. I have 3,000 rounds through it. I have the 13lb IMSI spring. I have a titanium plunger and spring. I have the 6?lb trigger spring. I have a lonewolf 3.5 connector. And the 25cent polish job. Those are my only internal modifications.

Doing the dry fire drill where you balance a coin or a case on the front sight, when I pull the trigger I get a significantly louder "sssppproinngg" noise and feeling in the gun. And even with the gun held in a vice when dry fired the "sssppprrroing" is also strong enough to make the coin jump on my sight, but with the gun still super still. (sorry for the cartoon sound effect, i can't resist)

Having changed the other springs is my striker, and or striker spring now needing to be changed as well or.......?
My stock glock 19 does not do this.

What do you think?

CrippledPidgeon
11-29-2012, 1:40 AM
Sounds normal to me. The lack of high pitch ringing could indicate that the spring could be getting worn, but I'd wait for another several thousand rounds.

Yerman
11-29-2012, 1:48 AM
I have the 13lb IMSI spring. I have a titanium plunger and spring. I have the 6?lb trigger spring. I have a lonewolf 3.5 connector. And the 25cent polish job. Those are my only internal modifications.

That is a lot of changes from the factory parts.

Have you returned your gun to stock to see if you still have the problem without all those parts installed? If not, you can always put it back to stock and add each one of those parts back into the gun until the problem resurfaces.

Snotcycle
11-29-2012, 3:24 AM
That is a lot of changes from the factory parts.

Have you returned your gun to stock to see if you still have the problem without all those parts installed? If not, you can always put it back to stock and add each one of those parts back into the gun until the problem resurfaces.

THIS! :iagree:

rmatt
11-29-2012, 5:20 AM
It is my competition gun for idpa. thus the 3,000 rounds in two months. and the modifications i described.

i can do the science experiment of going back to stock and adding one thing at a time.

sd_shooter
11-29-2012, 5:24 AM
Wear ear plugs. You'll be wearing some anyway when you shoot for real and you won't be hearing the 'sproing.' :1eye:

Have you tried a very light coat of lube on your new parts? Teflon spray, Ballistol or something else that won't stick around and attract dust.

Yerman
11-29-2012, 5:51 AM
It is my competition gun for idpa. thus the 3,000 rounds in two months. and the modifications i described.

i can do the science experiment of going back to stock and adding one thing at a time.

That makes more sense. If you did all that to your home defense gun I'd tell you to forget about the spring noise and just hit yourself over the head with it instead :)

On a serious note, like you mentioned, you can always replace one upgrade at a time until it goes away vs reverting back to stock and adding them one-by-one. Same result...simple process of elimination...

What was the last upgrade you made? It might be the culprit.

Good luck. I'm curious to hear what you find the problem to be...

Moto
11-29-2012, 7:16 AM
I would put the stock plunger and spring back in first and see. Better yet make sure the spring for the plunger is in there correctly.

tal3nt
11-29-2012, 1:02 PM
Try repositioning the recoil spring.

rmatt
11-29-2012, 6:46 PM
My concern isn't really with the noise but rather that whatever is happening when I dry fire, whatever spring or whatever, is "sprroinngiinnngg" with enough force to bounce a dime off the front sight.

and yes, i did put the gun in the vice, so it it not some weird hyper flinch or something on my part.

are the internal workings of a gun with the mods i have that forcefully spriningy? the mods went on this gun the day i bought it, so i'm unsure of what it felt like stock. just really noticed it doing this dry fire drill with ohter people around, also commetning on it.

my g19 doesn't do it, a friends g22 doesnt do it. so my curiosity is piqued...

vintagearms
11-29-2012, 6:58 PM
Its the aftermarket parts. Glocks dont typically make sproing noises.

CrippledPidgeon
11-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Well if it's vibrating the gun, it can really be one of about two places. 1) the firing pin could be doing something funny when it's released. 2) the trigger bar or connector are doing something funny when the trigger bar is pushed downwards by the connector.