View Full Version : SR9 Trigger

11-28-2012, 7:20 PM
Hey all,

I have a question regarding the ruger SR9's. I remember a while back when I was looking for a polymer 9 reading that the SR9C had a more praise-worthy trigger than the full-size. Does this still hold true? Or has the full-size been worked through over time and is now on par with the compact?

11-28-2012, 7:32 PM
Fullsize has the same trigger as the compact. A nice trigger by the way. Nicer than my Glocks.

11-28-2012, 7:58 PM
I have a Sr9 bought earlier this year. I prefer my glock trigger, but the Ruger trigger doesn't suck by any means. Just different. Sr9 has a longer, heavier pretravel than the glock, but they both break at about the same weight. You pretty much have to release the trigger completely to reset it on the Ruger which I don't like. No experience with 9c.

11-28-2012, 8:01 PM
Oh and also the Sr9 trigger has no "wall" or stopping point before it breaks. Just a consistent pull all the way thru whereas glocks have that light pretravel followed by a wall follow by the break.

11-28-2012, 10:43 PM
The original sr9's had a trigger recall. Which is why they differ from the compact. I personally love my SR9c's trigger. 5,000 rounds later the trigger is still very crisp with virtually no take up.

11-29-2012, 6:05 AM
As long as the SR9 has the half moon magazine release you have the newer SR9C trigger, but most of the older SR9's should already be in the hands of shooters and not in stores. if you still want a smoother trigger you could always remove the magazine disconnect and it makes the pull much lighter.