PDA

View Full Version : Sig Pro 2022 anyone?

65falconlover
11-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I've had my eye on the Sig Pro 2022 in 9mm. Anybody own one and what are your thoughts? I've never shot a Sig of any type but they look and feel very nice and I've known people that had them and loved them.

John

missiontrails
11-28-2012, 10:15 AM
They are very decent...... just wish they made them with a P226 length barrel.

opie4386
11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=631203&highlight=sp2022

SIGman Freud
11-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Very good gun for $399.99.

Other than that.......meh.

far from tactical
11-28-2012, 11:02 AM
I was about to get one but instead I opted to get a p226 combat instead

Clinton1183
11-28-2012, 11:13 AM
I have one. I just recently got to shoot it for the first time. I put 200 rounds through it and not one problem with the winchester white box going through it.

I was pretty accurate with it considering it was my first time shooting a pistol. It just felt really comfortable in my hands.

MusicMatt
11-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Ours has been flawless for over 1,000 rounds. Feeds any type of ammo including hollow point. Accuracy is on par with a Sig production pistol. Trigger is very smooth on DA and a little travel with a crisp break on SA.

For $450 with night sights, you can't beat that deal.

TheDeej
11-28-2012, 11:37 AM
my buddy has one and compared to other polymer framed guns it has my favorite grip.

gundad
11-28-2012, 11:40 AM
My brother has the 2022 and I have the P226. I shot them both side by side and they felt really similar to me. It could be in my head but the 2022 seemed to have a little more snap to it. They are both more accurate than I (Not saying a lot). They are both pretty sexy. Im not saying the 2022 is as good as the P226 but they seem similar to me. In the end Im glad I paid more the P226 because, right or wrong, its what I wanted

Dakine_surf
11-28-2012, 1:26 PM
I own one in 9mm and love it... favorite polymer pistol right now.

Really accurate for how short the barrel is, fits in the hand great, eats everything... sig reliability in and out. It was basically fault free over about 6k rounds...

Only issues I have ever had were user error when switching between my glocks and this. If you shoot with a super high tang, thumbs forward grip, you can ride the slide release which can either fail to lock the slide back on the last round or a double feed in really bad cases. Happened to me during a uspsa night shoot... TWICE!!!! was a huge bummer because it caused me to fumble and loose track of my round count, which messed up my reload schedule, which in turn meant I was a round short with one target to go. I have a video of it below.

rf5-RwO-sz0

All in all, I would say it is one of the best pistol buys for the price and possibly one of the most overlooked DA/SA polymer guns right now.

Mine

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz246/dakine_surf/BROWNcarbine27of29_zps13247e9b.jpg

PsychGuy274
11-28-2012, 1:31 PM
I've had one for a couple years. Put about 2,000 through it without ever having a problem. I CCW it every single day and trust my life to it. Go buy one!

reachoutar
11-28-2012, 1:37 PM
I bought the sig 2022 in 9mm for my wife and its a great gun. I shot it back to back against my xd9 and i really could not pick a favorite out of the two. All in all I say go for it

Virus55
11-28-2012, 2:08 PM
i have one in .40 i love it!!

Euphoria526
11-28-2012, 4:10 PM
I've been contemplating this or an xd 40. Anyone have both for comparisons?

Dakine_surf
11-28-2012, 5:04 PM
I have an XD 40... great gun... I guess the biggest thing the XD has over the 2022 is aftermarket support. But people are adding stuff for the 2022 all the time since it is becoming a much more popular alternative.

The XD sits higher in the had which in my shooting makes it a little more snappy, especially with 40 cal. I haven't shot the 2022 in 40 so take that into consideration.

The 2022 has a much better trigger. The DA is long but butter smooth and predictable, and the SA is crisp and clean. The 2022 probably has the best trigger out of box of any sub 500-600 production pistol.

acolytes
11-28-2012, 5:14 PM
I have one, and a couple of my friends do too. We have found that they tend to FTF with crappy ammo. I brought that same crappy ammo to the range a few weeks later to burn through it, but my Glock ate it all without a hitch. Overall, I think the 2022 is a nice gun for the price.

ArmedArtist
11-28-2012, 7:31 PM
I bought one with out really doing any info on them and I love mine. I got it in 40 cal because I already have a .380 and wanted to jump up in caliber. My .380 is a Bersa and I am very accurate with it. I can hit torso size targets at 80 years with it.. BUT since only shooting my new sig a bit, I am not a good shot with it. I think its the different sights. I haven't gone to a range to really do some nice controlled shooting. Just shot it out in the desert twice. The gun itself is rad. It fits my hand perfect. It came with 2 different size grip's. My regret is not getting it from Turners when they had them with night sights and a free laser..
I say get one.

tbhracing
11-28-2012, 8:00 PM
I bought one in 9mm because it is the "Official pistol of CalGuns". I like it, but still takes a back seat to my P226 and P228. Also the P226 mags will fit into the SP2022. Add- I wish they came out with a size "small" grip to insert. Per Sig, they only send out the Large and Medium.

Also, here is a pretty good video on the pistol from Nutnfancy-

Q0es37RojNA

gunnlover
11-28-2012, 9:21 PM
I personally think its a nice looking gun. Maybe the best looking gun for the $. Never shot one but looks is a big factor for me behind reliability. I don't shoot as much as I'd like but I'm always fondling something when I'm at home no pun intended.

PAKALO
11-29-2012, 8:40 AM
I would like to steer you away from the sig.. everyone I know that has one is trying to sell or trade it.. Take a look at the private sales forum here, hella 2022
You got to think longevity.. how expensive are extra mags, extra parts and so forth.. the Sig has bunch of diff plastic parts for example the darn grips. I think every pistol will be super awesome but what matters is what feels good and what you can see yourself shooting for a long time. you need to be comfortable and confident and youll perform well with anything in your hands..
Just stay away from the 2022 get a 226 or 229 anything but the pro.. you know for an extra few bucks you can get a G19 and that will be similar in size and more reliable :)
good luch
cheers

Euphoria526
11-29-2012, 9:43 AM
I have an XD 40... great gun... I guess the biggest thing the XD has over the 2022 is aftermarket support. But people are adding stuff for the 2022 all the time since it is becoming a much more popular alternative.

The XD sits higher in the had which in my shooting makes it a little more snappy, especially with 40 cal. I haven't shot the 2022 in 40 so take that into consideration.

The 2022 has a much better trigger. The DA is long but butter smooth and predictable, and the SA is crisp and clean. The 2022 probably has the best trigger out of box of any sub 500-600 production pistol.

Dude how did you gw the two toned 2022. That thing looks bad *****

OGmade
11-29-2012, 9:58 AM
I own one in 9mm and love it... favorite polymer pistol right now.

Really accurate for how short the barrel is, fits in the hand great, eats everything... sig reliability in and out. It was basically fault free over about 6k rounds...

Only issues I have ever had were user error when switching between my glocks and this. If you shoot with a super high tang, thumbs forward grip, you can ride the slide release which can either fail to lock the slide back on the last round or a double feed in really bad cases. Happened to me during a uspsa night shoot... TWICE!!!! was a huge bummer because it caused me to fumble and loose track of my round count, which messed up my reload schedule, which in turn meant I was a round short with one target to go. I have a video of it below.

rf5-RwO-sz0

All in all, I would say it is one of the best pistol buys for the price and possibly one of the most overlooked DA/SA polymer guns right now.

Mine

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz246/dakine_surf/BROWNcarbine27of29_zps13247e9b.jpg
I'm also wondering how you got that awesome two-tone color on your sig

SNCaliber
11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
if you cant afford a metal sig, go for it, its affordable, reliable, shoots well, and looks like a sig!

SoyB3an
11-29-2012, 10:40 AM
From someone who has owned 6 different Sigs including a SigPro I can honestly tell you the SigPro is just as reliable / accurate as my P229s and sells for less than half the price of its counterpart. It's one of the most underated but best value guns on the market today. I never had a malfunction of any sort with my .357sig SigPro. Only thing I didn't like about it as much was the non-traditional-sig-look. The magazine release is external, the frame is a little larger than the 229, and I didn't like the beaver tale on the magazine plate but these are all superficial features. It is an amazing gun and I would trust my life on it.

kotton
11-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I have the sp2022 in 9mm and from the other DA/SA guns I've shot, it has one of the best triggers of them all. Close to 1000 rounds through it and not one issue.

Euphoria526
11-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I would like to steer you away from the sig.. everyone I know that has one is trying to sell or trade it.. Take a look at the private sales forum here, hella 2022
You got to think longevity.. how expensive are extra mags, extra parts and so forth.. the Sig has bunch of diff plastic parts for example the darn grips. I think every pistol will be super awesome but what matters is what feels good and what you can see yourself shooting for a long time. you need to be comfortable and confident and youll perform well with anything in your hands..
Just stay away from the 2022 get a 226 or 229 anything but the pro.. you know for an extra few bucks you can get a G19 and that will be similar in size and more reliable :)
good luch
cheers

Oh you guys with your glock propaganda

Dakine_surf
11-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm also wondering how you got that awesome two-tone color on your sig

It is the work of my own hand... I have a small coating business I run on the side. I wanted to mix it up for a USPSA 3 gun competition, I wanted to run all Iron sights in the tactical Limited division... Everyone was running glocks and Black AR's, so I decided I would do a matching pair with a Sig and AR in something other than just FDE.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz246/dakine_surf/BROWNcarbine29of29_zps2a7f228d.jpg

If anyone is interested in having their guns coated, check out the website in my sig... fill out a request for quote and dont forget to say you heard about it on calguns, I give a 10% discount to Calgunners

ArmedArtist
11-29-2012, 12:51 PM
How has it held up on the polymer so far? Both those guns look awesome.

SoyB3an
11-29-2012, 1:08 PM
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz246/dakine_surf/BROWNcarbine29of29_zps2a7f228d.jpg

If anyone is interested in having their guns coated, check out the website in my sig... fill out a request for quote and dont forget to say you heard about it on calguns, I give a 10% discount to Calgunners

^ Like :)

Dakine_surf
11-29-2012, 2:40 PM
Definitely wears better on metal, but so far it's is doing well on the polymer. I have some holster wear in a couple parts, but I like it... It is hard use gun, and just looks even better IMO.