PDA

View Full Version : moving to cali with xdm?

jman245
11-28-2012, 7:31 AM
just to be clear on these confusing gun laws out here,i can move here with my xdm as long as i block my mags to ten and register the gun?do i need to do anything else?cal-arms told me i cant bring it in to state and only a leo can do it then sell back to me?

Brandon04GT
11-28-2012, 7:36 AM
Cal-Arms is wrong. Come on over and do everything you just said and you'll be good to go.

Oceanbob
11-28-2012, 7:42 AM
Cal-Arms is wrong. Come on over and do everything you just said and you'll be good to go.

this^^^

Honestly, some of these Gun Stores are FUD machines.

NytWolf
11-28-2012, 7:51 AM
this^^^

Honestly, some of these Gun Stores are FUD machines.

They just want you to get rid of your old firearms and spend your money at their store. :D

Quiet
11-28-2012, 8:04 AM
just to be clear on these confusing gun laws out here,i can move here with my xdm as long as i block my mags to ten and register the gun?do i need to do anything else?cal-arms told me i cant bring it in to state and only a leo can do it then sell back to me?

Yes, you can legally bring it to CA.

Yes, you need to report it to CA DOJ. You can accomplish this by sending in a New Resident Handgun Ownership report (http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/ab991frm.pdf?) with applicable fees to CA DOJ BOF.

You can not import any large capacity (11+ round) magazines to CA.
You can disassemble any large capacity magazines into parts and bring those parts to CA, where you can use them to assemble permanent 10 round or less magazines or keep them as parts and never assemble them while in CA.

Excellent how to guide on making a 10 round XDM-9/40 magazine. (http://www.vaportrails.us/html/xdm.html)

stilly
11-28-2012, 8:15 AM

Don't DO it bro! Stop at the border. We will not blame you! Turn back! Turn Back!

**DANGER DANGER** DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

Seriously, come on Kommiefornians, we need to block this kick. Once you are here you are here for life esse! Somas Y Familia! Blood in Blood out ey?

All that aside, why on EARTH would you want to come to People's Republik of Kommiefornia?

jman245
11-28-2012, 8:16 AM
this site is great!thanks guys for the replies,that was fast!

chonkey
11-28-2012, 12:49 PM
You may want to pickup a bunch of non-roster guns before you move though.

DIRTMAN556
11-28-2012, 1:50 PM
All that aside, why on EARTH would you want to come to People's Republik of Kommiefornia?

Why wouldn't the OP want to? I love California. Great weather, deserts, beaches to mountains within minutes.

uhlan1
11-28-2012, 2:05 PM
You may want to pickup a bunch of non-roster guns before you move though.

Good idea, also if there's something you really want, might want to get it now.

uhlan1
11-28-2012, 2:10 PM
Why wouldn't the OP want to? I love California. Great weather, deserts, beaches to mountains within minutes.

Gun laws
High taxes
Very high cost of living
Nations most expensive gas
High unemployment
Overrun with illegals
30% of all welfare recipients live here
Huge deficit, failing infrastructure.
Lousy schools
Atrocious business climate.
Overly regulated
State credit ranking in the cellar.
Recently ranked worse run state in the nation.

Grizzled Bastard
11-28-2012, 2:20 PM
Don't DO it bro! Stop at the border. We will not blame you! Turn back! Turn Back!

**DANGER DANGER** DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

Seriously, come on Kommiefornians, we need to block this kick. Once you are here you are here for life esse! Somas Y Familia! Blood in Blood out ey?

Gun laws
High taxes
Very high cost of living
Nations most expensive gas
High unemployment
Overrun with illegals
30% of all welfare recipients live here
Huge deficit, failing infrastructure.
Lousy schools
Atrocious business climate.
Overly regulated
State credit ranking in the cellar.
Recently ranked worse run state in the nation.

The first thing that popped into my head when I read the OP. Been here for all 50 years of my life except for a military stint. The price of admission when weighed against the nice attributes of this state are overwhelmingly out of balance. This past election is proof that the pendulum will never swing the other way. This state is done. I can't wait to get out for good.

OP, I hope you're bringing a dumptruck full of money to assure a decent quality of life. If you don't, you're in for a real life eye-opener. Best of luck.

m98
11-28-2012, 2:21 PM
^^^^This. Wut uhanlan said..if the op just wanna move here just for the sake of it, the the op will be in for a bigggg surprize. Or he may have a no choice but to move here bcuz of family or job related.
But listen to us, STAY AWAY from this kommi state: The politicians and its Sheeples have destroyed everything of what used to be the golden state

DIRTMAN556
11-30-2012, 8:06 PM
Overrun with illegals? Oh yeah. They're everywhere. Under rocks, lift up a newspaper, move a can of beans. Watch out!

Nobody mentioned traffic. Lots and lots of traffic.