PDA

View Full Version : Double Pistol Approved for Sale in the US

zomie
11-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Of course I doubt it will make it by CA but all I can say is WTF:
http://d19xq9reus1hjz.cloudfront.net/10/images/photos/double4.jpg

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/forums/posts.aspx?postID=35296&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20121126-social-facebook-forumspostdoublebarrelpistol

bishop2queen's6
11-28-2012, 12:24 AM
I would get it for the sake of the novelty.

Lugiahua
11-28-2012, 12:30 AM
so they are not considered as machineguns?

Eldraque
11-28-2012, 1:16 AM
omg, its like one...but DOUBLE!

How do you grip that? must be awkward to hold

IVC
11-28-2012, 1:22 AM
omg, its like one...but DOUBLE!

How do you grip that? must be awkward to hold

Same as Glock.

1000stars
11-28-2012, 2:10 AM
Is the SSE fee also double?

stix213
11-28-2012, 2:19 AM
Only thing better than this would be a triple gun ;)

Wouldn't mind shooting one of these once though (well I suppose that would count as twice :p)

Distro
11-28-2012, 2:50 AM
Only thing better than this would be a triple gun

http://i.imgur.com/W0LFf.png

mlevans66
11-28-2012, 4:58 AM
Hmmmm, that's just plain weird looking. No two ways about it. Can not enter the P.R. of K by any means. If Yee saw that he may have a heart attack out of fear.....quick someone email him a pic! :D

morfeeis
11-28-2012, 5:45 AM
depending on the price i might pick it up, it would be a nice toy.

GMANtt
11-28-2012, 5:57 AM
So......how would that pass a 10 round magazine restriction?

Damiiaaannn
11-28-2012, 6:00 AM
I'd buy one.

morfeeis
11-28-2012, 6:07 AM
So......how would that pass a 10 round magazine restriction?
I would think the same way the KSG did, it's not one magazine but in fact two.

redcliff
11-28-2012, 6:33 AM
From a technical standpoint its very interesting. I'd like to see how they overcame some of the challenges of the design and if it will really hold up to prolonged useage. The slide stop causes me concern not knowing exactly how the pistol is constructed.

Ergonomics would appear to less than optimal, to put it mildly.

Rorge Retson
11-28-2012, 7:36 AM
Same as Glock.

:rofl:

1 SIG fan
11-28-2012, 8:01 AM
The SSE will be too expensive. 2 barrel kits to pay for :)

SDM44
11-28-2012, 8:21 AM
In the video on Arsenal's website, it shows the guy pulling both triggers at the same time, and then saying how you can send all of that ammo down range faster than reloading. If that's the case, shooting out of both chambers at once, why the 2 triggers? The slide is 1 piece so it's going to cycle both barrels, so not sure why they didn't just use 1 trigger. At least with the KSG, you can switch between mag tubes to feed the gun. This just feeds both barrels at the same time. Nice way to blow your $$$ on ammo.

Also, nice mag... basically 2 single stack 1911 mags welded together. Pretty lame looking gun, but would be neat to have just on it being different.

But I'd still rather have the double deagle!

http://nonstopkarate.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/waltz_green_hornet_doublegun.jpg?w=604

The Gleam
11-28-2012, 8:21 AM
This has been posted here before; been around for some time, and looks like they are finally getting it to the markets.

I can see it being just like razors. Expect the "Mach-3" 1911 to come out next year.

While the Kel-Tec photo is a spoof, I don't put it pass the marketing geniuses of the world to push it. Years ago, SNL did a spoof commercial about a razor with 5 blades - several years later, guess what.

I give credit where due as far as a design study, but as a real-world product, the grip, trigger guard, sight-line, special needs holster, magazine changes, and general handling management of the gun will prove ridiculous, awkward, and clunky no matter who is wielding it.

Capybara
11-28-2012, 9:05 AM
If I can afford one and they can be SSE'd in California, I will be first in line. I will buy it, keep it in it's case and put it into my safe. Great investment novelty firearm, will definitely be a collectors piece.

DannyInSoCal
11-28-2012, 9:17 AM
Okay - Who's gonna post the pic of the fake double barreled AR now...?

Euphoria526
11-28-2012, 9:28 AM
In the video on Arsenal's website, it shows the guy pulling both triggers at the same time, and then saying how you can send all of that ammo down range faster than reloading. If that's the case, shooting out of both chambers at once, why the 2 triggers? The slide is 1 piece so it's going to cycle both barrels, so not sure why they didn't just use 1 trigger. At least with the KSG, you can switch between mag tubes to feed the gun. This just feeds both barrels at the same time. Nice way to blow your $$$ on ammo.

Also, nice mag... basically 2 single stack 1911 mags welded together. Pretty lame looking gun, but would be neat to have just on it being different.

But I'd still rather have the double deagle!

http://nonstopkarate.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/waltz_green_hornet_doublegun.jpg?w=604
Hahaha exactly what I was thinking.
Will this bring the rise of Bloodnovsky??!?

Euphoria526
11-28-2012, 9:29 AM
If I can afford one and they can be SSE'd in California, I will be first in line. I will buy it, keep it in it's case and put it into my safe. Great investment novelty firearm, will definitely be a collectors piece.

I'm with you. Buy it. Shrink wrap it. Open it 50 years later and it's on antiques roadshow. Boom. Retirement moneys!!!!

Ubermcoupe
11-28-2012, 9:30 AM
so they are not considered as machineguns?

Why would it be considered a machine gun? it is not capable of automatic fire. :shrug:

BM-DGaNmtA0

I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to shoot one. :43:

spetsnaz
11-28-2012, 9:31 AM
id buy it

kaboom
11-28-2012, 9:32 AM
if both barrels fire from 1 trigger then it would be classed as a MG. 1 trigger pull-1 bullet.

That being the case, I just can't see the point of this thing.

Then again, I remember thinking the same thing about the COP 357 when I was working at a gun store as a kid. Now I really wish I would have bought 1 or 2.

Laythor
11-28-2012, 9:36 AM
lol.. it weights 4 lbs unloaded

TOTAL WEIGHT:
1.850 Grs. unloaded.

JeremyS
11-28-2012, 9:58 AM
In the video on Arsenal's website, it shows the guy pulling both triggers at the same time, and then saying how you can send all of that ammo down range faster than reloading. If that's the case, shooting out of both chambers at once, why the 2 triggers? The slide is 1 piece so it's going to cycle both barrels, so not sure why they didn't just use 1 trigger.

Why would it be considered a machine gun? it is not capable of automatic fire. :shrug:

ATF considers any gun where you pull one trigger one time and fire multiple cartridges to be a machine gun. If this gun had a single trigger, it would be classified as a machine gun. As-is, it has two triggers, two sears, two hammers and therefore is not a machine gun. It doesn't have to be "full auto," it just has to do 2+ with a single pull... so even your old broken double barrel selective trigger shotgun that fires both barrels with the one trigger due to a maintenance problem is, well, a problem.

Czsp-01-9mm
11-28-2012, 10:04 AM
there is a version of the gun with 2 triggers, i believe they say that in the youtube video or i read it somewhere, i guess all we can do is wait and see what happens if they have a loop hole for the whole 2 cartridges thing and one trigger pull

CAGLS
11-28-2012, 10:34 AM
This would be a bad range gun as you'd burn through ammo twice as fast. Dual wielding would probably look cooler.

http://s318686581.onlinehome.us/5/3/3e/1443/videoayeFZ0_th1.jpg

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/99/Demi_more_with_eagles.jpg/600px-Demi_more_with_eagles.jpg

m03
11-28-2012, 10:55 AM
i guess all we can do is wait and see what happens if they have a loop hole for the whole 2 cartridges thing and one trigger pull

Try reading the link:

On November the 14th, the US Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has officially granted import permission and sale in the United States of America of the AF2011-A1 Second Century double barrel pistol, with a total score of 120 Points, according to Form 4590. Arsenal Firearms Group proudly announces the official distribution to America of the whole line of double barrel firearms and dedicated accessories starting on January the 1st 2013, through the appointed US Importer of Record, Apex International LLC of Middletown, CT and according to a “Dealer Direct Distribution”.

Whichever trigger setup it has, BATFE has made a decision that it's good-to-go and therefore not a machinegun.

Ubermcoupe
11-28-2012, 11:00 AM
if both barrels fire from 1 trigger then it would be classed as a MG. 1 trigger pull-1 bullet.

Ahh. I see - I was confused with below:
there is a version of the gun with 2 triggers, i believe they say that in the youtube video or i read it somewhere, i guess all we can do is wait and see what happens if they have a loop hole for the whole 2 cartridges thing and one trigger pull

ATF considers any gun where you pull one trigger one time and fire multiple cartridges to be a machine gun. If this gun had a single trigger, it would be classified as a machine gun. As-is, it has two triggers, two sears, two hammers and therefore is not a machine gun. It doesn't have to be "full auto," it just has to do 2+ with a single pull... so even your old broken double barrel selective trigger shotgun that fires both barrels with the one trigger due to a maintenance problem is, well, a problem.

That’s where I was confused. I thought this model was two triggers. I didn’t know they had different versions of the pistol.

Czsp-01-9mm
11-28-2012, 11:02 AM
One hell of a concealed carry, haha, sad part is I can see people do it too, I would like to shoot one but owning one....no

njineermike
11-28-2012, 11:10 AM
If I shoot a zombie with that gun, it'll be twice as dead!

StefanJanowski
11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Soooo whats going to happen with the 10rd magazine limit?

stix213
11-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Okay - Who's gonna post the pic of the fake double barreled AR now...?

This one?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/gilboa_snake_ar_15_rifle-tfb.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/06/12/silver-shadow-gilboa-snake-double-barreled-ar-15-from-israel/

JeremyS
11-28-2012, 1:40 PM
That’s where I was confused. I thought this model was two triggers. I didn’t know they had different versions of the pistol.

From Arsenal's website:

The AF2011-A1 (“Twenty Eleven” for aficionados) can be ordered either with 2 independent triggers and one sear group (left or right, with user-interchangeability for right or left operations) or with 2 triggers permanently joined and the choice of 1 or 2 sear groups.

I don't know exactly which setup it has for U.S. import. Don't really care either I'm not buying one :laugh: