PDA

View Full Version : Sac C3 Meeting December 4, 2012 UPDATE: Success!

BonnieB
11-27-2012, 10:52 AM
The December meeting will be on Tuesday Dec 4 at 7 pm.

UPDATE: The meeting will be held at Starbucks, 7801 Greenback Lane, Citrus Heights, CA (916) 721-4202 (NOT the one in Barnes and Noble) Look for the Calguns Orange C3 hats

The Sac C3's will be holding open meetings from time to time, to

plan shoots,
recruit new C3's
recruit "one time only"helpers
help launch neighboring C3 groups
get feedback from the Sacramento CalGunners
drink coffee
talk guns and
have fun in general.

If you are interested in becoming a C3, getting on the "one time only helper" list, or giving feedback to the C3's, come on down.

roushstage2
11-27-2012, 2:03 PM
I'm usually off on Tuesdays, and I need to get down to Sac here one of these days; maybe I'll stop by!

NotEnufGarage
11-27-2012, 8:47 PM
Can we pick any night other than the 1st and 3rd Tuesday?

I am busy on the first and third Tuesday of every month. I have a car club general meeting on the first Tuesday and a board meeting on the third Tuesday.

elhefe50ss
11-27-2012, 10:25 PM
i can make it

Lazyme
11-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Can we pick any night other than the 1st and 3rd Tuesday?

I am busy on the first and third Tuesday of every month. I have a car club general meeting on the first Tuesday and a board meeting on the third Tuesday.

We will keep that in mind for the next meetings. This is a last minute pick a date & make it happen kinda thing.

i can make it

Great!!

elhefe50ss
11-28-2012, 7:51 AM
Just let me know where

roushstage2
11-30-2012, 2:51 PM
Is there a specific location picked out yet?

roushstage2
12-03-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it this time around after all. We are all going to Sacramento tomorrow, but it will be in the morning.

BonnieB
12-05-2012, 9:28 PM
The C3 Open Meeting went very well on the 4th.

The purpose of the meeting was

to explain what C3's do and what C3 Contributors do
to discuss the existing Monthly Shoot
to hear what kind of events people want
to hear what people had to say generally on the Sacramento Chapter.
to drink coffee and talk guns

About 8-10 of us met at the Starbucks and had a good conversation on this:

C3's and what do they do: C3's are general coordinators who take responsibility to arrange and hold meetings, shoots and other events. There are also C3 Contributors, who are members who can do particular tasks, like make copies or help set up a booth, but can't take responsibility for an entire shoot.

We asked for some helpers for the shoot on Saturday the 8th and got a good response.

We talked about what people wanted to do in Sacramento Calguns. Some items were, shoots in the Lincoln area, specialty shoots like AR or AK competitions, rimfire tournaments, revolver shoots etc.

We discussed the idea that Lazyme and I can't do all those things ourselves and that when people want a particular kind of shoot or event, they have to help coordinate it or it can't happen. So, for instance, if people want a Monthly Shoot in Lincoln, a couple people have to be willing to run it.

We had coffee, talked guns in general and then passed out some goodies to the good folks who made it to the meeting.

(If I've missed important things in this report, please add comments or PM me and I'll update.)

The next meeting is not scheduled, but watch the Sacramento Chapter for scheduling. space!

Lazyme
12-06-2012, 5:04 AM
Thanks Bonnie, it was good to see everyone bringing their ideas to the table and putting in some leg work to get involved.

I look forward to doing this on a regular basis.

Tim

roushstage2
12-10-2012, 3:34 AM
I'd be more than happy to be a "contributor" at any Sac Valley meet! I don't foresee a problem getting a Saturday off for a Sac Valley shoot as long as I can give enough notice. :)